Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on November 14, 2007
If you are looking for a comfortable,light weight, well made,truly waterproof jacket, you have found it. My wife and I each have one and love them,we will be purchasing another for my daughter.We have used them to bike ride, walk the dog, etc. You will not be disappointed.
0Comment64 of 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2008
In heavy rain and wind water gets inside this jacket because there are no flaps on the pockets and no protective rain flap covering the zipper
11 comment76 of 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2013
Needed a new raincoat as I walk a half mi. to work. Thought that since this came from New England where they get some nasty rain off the ocean they would know what they needed in a coat.....they sure do! I am shocked in how inexpensive it was for the quality it yields.Many raincoats have hoods that you can't wear a ball cap comfortably under. No problem, lots of room, with draw strings to boot in hood and bottom of jacket. What shocked me even more is it is very well vented with a mesh inner lining. Had I seen this on a rack without looking at the tag I would assume it would be twice the price! If you go with this jacket you'll see what I'm talking about!
22 comments52 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2013
I got my first New Englander in 1999. After 14 years the rubber has decomposed, and it can no longer keep the elements at bay. So, I came to Amazon to order another one. It has been my 'workhorse', that I reach for FIRST, when the weather gets nasty. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to stay dry and look good doing it. Light, roomy, well ventilated and a 14 year shelf life. It's a classic.
33 comments51 of 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2013
The New Englander Rain Jacket is an excellent buy. Color is as advertised. Zippers and zipper pulls are great and highlight the attention to detail in this product.
0Comment32 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 15, 2008
Like the title 'New Englander' - this jacket is best for mild-moderate rain and cool ambient weather. I used this in India and it was fine against the rain, but the poor ventilation or rather the water-proofness of the outer shell being so good, it made me cook in my own sweat. So people in the 'tropics' are best away from this.
11 comment41 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2008
This is jacket does what it's advertised to do; it keeps you dry. While other reviewers have found the size of this product a bit large, I think the sizes are fairly accurate, at least for male users (keep in mind that this is basically a unisex product). Moreover, the sleeves on this jacket are actually a bit short, at least for me. That notwithstanding, the jacket is of pretty good quality and is rather stylish.
0Comment24 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2012
For the money it is the best rain jacket I have owned. I bought one size larger than they list and it fit perfect, so I would think about sizing up. Living in the south, this year we have had more rain than in the past 5 and it came in really handy. Excellent pockets, easy zip, great hood.

Cons it does not breath at all so if it is even in the low 80's, you will sweat like crazy unless you have the zipper open. Sizing seems to be off. I bought one size bigger and with normal summer wear it seemed to fit properly, and I am figuring with winter clothes I will have just enough freedom of movement. One size smaller would have given no freedom of movement.
on May 2, 2011
There should have been a note in the product description to say that the jacket is unisex. I purchased a medium based on the sizing chart and now I will have to give it away as the medium is way too large for me and seems more suitable for a male and not a female frame.
0Comment14 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2013
While this does seem like a very nice rain jacket, you'd better be certain that you purchase the correct size. Not only is there no free return shipping, but you'll actually be charged a 10% restocking fee to return it. Ridiculous, and not apparent on the website. If it had been, I never would have bought it in the first place.
11 comment7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse