4.0 out of 5 stars A Charlie Brown Christmas book
This book is just like the TV version in so many ways. I love this book. Great for addition to anyones collection.
Published on January 2, 2009 by JAF

2.0 out of 5 stars Should have just reissued the original
I love "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and so was completely disappointed by this paperback book edition of the story.
Published on December 7, 2001 by Stephen J. Van Hook

2.0 out of 5 stars Should have just reissued the original, December 7, 2001
Stephen J. Van Hook (Bowling Green, OH USA) - See all my reviews
The "By Charles M. Schulz" on the cover and in the listing hides the fact that the text is not by Schulz, but is "adapted" by other people. The text adaptation is painfully bad -- I could barely force myself to read it to my child the other night. The text is way too wordy, which contradicts the whole style of Schulz's comic strip, and changes key dialog of characters.
The illustrations are okay, but why not just use the original drawings by Schulz himself?
A book version of A Charlie Brown Christmas was printed in the 1960's; the publishers would have been smarter to reissue the original book rather than create this new version.
If you want to have a book version of A Charlie Brown Christmas, I highly recommend that you spend a bit more money and buy the hardcover book, "A Charlie Brown Christmas: the Making of a Tradition". You won't regret it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard to Read, December 17, 2013
DonnaJN (Stoughton, WI United States) - See all my reviews
I'm another who is disappointed in this book. The print is so tiny and can't be enlarged enough to read.

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch the TV Show, December 16, 2001
"A Charlie Brown Christmas" is one of the greatest television shows of all time, thanks to a classic script by one of the greatest cartoonists of all time.
But this book just does not capture its flavor. The art is not by Schulz, and though loyal to his style, does not FEEL like Schulz. Couldn't they have used images from the actual show?
Worse, important moments are lost, probably due to space constraints. For instance, Linus's stirring soliloquy, performed solo in the show, here takes place in a crowded room for storytelling purposes.
I got this book for an office mate because she loves Schulz and because it was the only color Peanuts book I could find that was in the $5-10 price range dictated by our office Christmas pool.
People may well love this book because they love the TV show (and there's nothing wrong with that), but I don't think anyone would ever love it for itself.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Charlie Brown Christmas book, January 2, 2009

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice product but not quite what I expected., November 8, 2011
This review is from: A Charlie Brown Christmas (Hardcover)
This book was delivered in good condition and within the estimated delivery window. However, this book turned out to be about 2" square, and I was expecting a full-sized children's book instead of a decorator item. Mildly disappointing, since I love the Charlie Brown stories so much.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very small book!, August 17, 2013
This review is from: A Charlie Brown Christmas (Hardcover)
I was very disappointed when I received this book. It is so small! I just reread the description where it states the size, however this needs to be made larger. I would never have purchased it knowing how small it was. It's not worth $5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keepsake Book, May 8, 2009
This is a memorable Christmas story with illustrations of sharp color in a beautifully bound edition worthy to give as a gift and read each year as a tradition with your children or grandchildren.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still as great as always!, December 28, 2013
I would have given this sweet childhood tale 5 stars but it doesn't let you adjust the font settings. I may have no trouble reading the font at this size but it is a little small for my 5 year old nephew. The pictures are just like the cartoon though and he got a kick out of that and it is something for us to share.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, December 19, 2013
Sue (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
The pictures are beautiful on my Fire HD 7". I could read the text, but I double tapped to enlarge it. After I turned the page, the book automatically enlarged all the text. I admit that I would not notice changes much, but it was very important to me to have the little tree and Linus' s recitation in the story. Those are in there. I am thrilled to have this for my kids!

5.0 out of 5 stars Merry Christmas! Love this book:-), December 19, 2013
I don't know why some reviewers had trouble with this book, it displays perfectly on my Kindle Fire Hdx 7. Maybe different models with different specs, I guess.
The pages were a bit small, but a double tap enlarged each one.
The story isn't word for word, but very close and the original message is still here.
A couple of years ago,Amazon had the Storybook app offered for free and this is a nice compliment to that. One advantage to this one is no chance of in app purchasing :-)

If I had purchased the hardcover, I know my children would have loved the size. It would be so nice to tuck into a purse, pocket or diaper bag. My little ones are big ones now, so I share these stories with friends children (and reminisce by myself).

A Charlie Brown Christmas
A Charlie Brown Christmas by Charles M. Schulz (Hardcover - October 16, 2003)
$5.95 $5.36