5.0 out of 5 stars A Charlie Brown Christmas
A simple little book that quietly shows the true meaning of Christmas to the Peanuts gang. The simplicity of our Saviour's love easily surpasses the trappings and gadgetry of Christmas from the store.
Published 14 months ago by Jeryl Bennett

2.0 out of 5 stars Should have just reissued the original
I love "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and so was completely disappointed by this paperback book edition of the story.
Published on December 7, 2001 by Stephen J. Van Hook

2.0 out of 5 stars Should have just reissued the original, December 7, 2001
Stephen J. Van Hook (Bowling Green, OH USA) - See all my reviews
The "By Charles M. Schulz" on the cover and in the listing hides the fact that the text is not by Schulz, but is "adapted" by other people. The text adaptation is painfully bad -- I could barely force myself to read it to my child the other night. The text is way too wordy, which contradicts the whole style of Schulz's comic strip, and changes key dialog of characters.
The illustrations are okay, but why not just use the original drawings by Schulz himself?
A book version of A Charlie Brown Christmas was printed in the 1960's; the publishers would have been smarter to reissue the original book rather than create this new version.
If you want to have a book version of A Charlie Brown Christmas, I highly recommend that you spend a bit more money and buy the hardcover book, "A Charlie Brown Christmas: the Making of a Tradition". You won't regret it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard to Read, December 17, 2013
DonnaJN (Stoughton, WI United States) - See all my reviews
I'm another who is disappointed in this book. The print is so tiny and can't be enlarged enough to read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice product but not quite what I expected., November 8, 2011
This review is from: A Charlie Brown Christmas (Hardcover)
This book was delivered in good condition and within the estimated delivery window. However, this book turned out to be about 2" square, and I was expecting a full-sized children's book instead of a decorator item. Mildly disappointing, since I love the Charlie Brown stories so much.

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch the TV Show, December 16, 2001
"A Charlie Brown Christmas" is one of the greatest television shows of all time, thanks to a classic script by one of the greatest cartoonists of all time.
But this book just does not capture its flavor. The art is not by Schulz, and though loyal to his style, does not FEEL like Schulz. Couldn't they have used images from the actual show?
Worse, important moments are lost, probably due to space constraints. For instance, Linus's stirring soliloquy, performed solo in the show, here takes place in a crowded room for storytelling purposes.
I got this book for an office mate because she loves Schulz and because it was the only color Peanuts book I could find that was in the $5-10 price range dictated by our office Christmas pool.
People may well love this book because they love the TV show (and there's nothing wrong with that), but I don't think anyone would ever love it for itself.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very small book!, August 17, 2013
This review is from: A Charlie Brown Christmas (Hardcover)
I was very disappointed when I received this book. It is so small! I just reread the description where it states the size, however this needs to be made larger. I would never have purchased it knowing how small it was. It's not worth $5.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Charlie Brown Christmas, December 17, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back memories, December 17, 2013
Reminds me of Christmas when I was young waiting for Charlie Brown to come on TV. The pictures are as wonderful as the words!

4.0 out of 5 stars nice story, December 17, 2013
liked the peanuts representation of xmas. love the cute story - easy to read and easy to talk to kids about what xmas is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, November 19, 2012
Just received it in the mail and the pictures are absolutely beautiful!! I love that its a big book so easy for the kids to see and the art is just beautiful!! Will definitely be a GREAT Christmas gift!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent- the story we all know from the holiday special, July 26, 2011
It's the same as the TV holiday special many people grew up with. The artwork is on nice thick paper with vibrant colors and the story keeps the true to the real meaning of Christmas.

A Charlie Brown Christmas
A Charlie Brown Christmas by Charles M. Schulz (Hardcover - October 16, 2003)
Used & New from: $0.73