5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Read for Reluctant Readers (and Constant Readers)
So thoroughly had Charlie Joe convinced me to give up reading there were almost no future reviews. But in the end, I enjoyed Tommy Greenwald's book so much I guess I'll keep searching for another book that makes me laugh as hard.

This is how Charlie Joe Jackson greets us on page one:

If you're reading this book, you don't like reading.
In fact,...
Published on July 14, 2011 by Robert Kent

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay per my 9 year old
My son loves the diary of a wimpy kid books, and read this one once and said it was okay and had some funny parts it in. I have not read the book, but my son loves to read and did finish the book but I am not sure he will read it again
Published on January 22, 2013 by Danylle

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Much Loved!, June 17, 2012
This review is from: Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Not Reading (Charlie Joe Jackson Series) (Paperback)
My 9-yr old tore through this book. I wouldn't call my son a reluctant reader, but he's not a bookworm either. But he was a bookworm while he was reading this. He'd read it in and afternoons and evenings and was so proud of the progress he was making. He really enjoyed the characters and the pacing. Big thumbs up from the target audience! We have the next one pre-ordered!

5.0 out of 5 stars CHARLIE JOE JACKSON'S, GUIDE TO NOT READING (REVIEW), July 28, 2011
"CHARLIE JOE JACKSON'S, GUIDE TO NOT READING" BY TOMMY GREENWALD (REVIEW)

WARNING! CLEAR ALL CHILDREN FROM THE ROOM BEFORE READING THIS REVIEW!

This is a delightful book for middle grade children that actually makes them want to read regardless of the title. It turns out that this book is a clever reverse psychology tool that you can use to get your kids to read regardless of their determination not to.

The book is extremely imaginative and written for fun! When Charlie Joe loses his link to NOT reading books, he finds himself coming up with ways to get around actually reading and still being able to figure out what the book is about. The ending is GREAT!

Definitely pick up this book for your child or children whether they enjoy reading or not! It's a fantastic read!

-Kitty Bullard / Great Minds Think Aloud Book Club

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 13, 2014
Great price, excellent condition, fast shipping, thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yeah for Charlie Joe, September 17, 2014
My son swore he would never be able to read a 'long book'. I told him by the end of this school year he would be able to read this one. He told me not a chance, but we started reading it at bedtime and today he picked it up on his own to read the next part. The book is very much in touch with both boys and girls and as plenty of humor for kids and adults alike. We are having a great time with it, and he's reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars who doesn't love reading, loved this book, September 29, 2014
Carla (Oklahoma City, OK United States) - See all my reviews
My son, who doesn't love reading, loved this book!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book 😃 📖, January 26, 2015
I rated this five out of five because it was funny through and through also because I'm a non-reader too (had to read for a project) and I felt the same way about reading. I recommend this book to 8+

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 14, 2014
Really funny and interesting. I love it!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute and funny...kids will enjoy, July 12, 2014
Susan Pratt (State College, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I am always looking for new books for my reluctant readers and this was very cute and funny. I was worried when I saw it was 225 pages but not to worry, I think the non-readers will still love it. It probably is not one I use in my room because I think it is geared more toward 5-7th grade age range but I will recommend it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 10, 2014
Verry nice illustrations! Liked it verry much!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, July 8, 2014
Very well written, funny and good book. Very appropriate for kids of all ages. Laugh out loud funny, loved the Not Reading tips.

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Not Reading (Charlie Joe Jackson Series)
$6.99