5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my little guys!
Published on April 27, 2011 by Susan W.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute book for very young children
Published on May 27, 2011 by Mary S. Marxer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my little guys!, April 27, 2011
This review is from: Charlie the Ranch Dog (Hardcover)
I received this book today and immediately sat on the couch with my boys (3 1/2 & 1) to read it. The 1 year old was mesmerized, for 3 pages. Which is 3 times longer than usual with a book he's not allowed to chew on! However, my 3 1/2 year old loved it. He found the chipmunk on every page, and he loved the fact that Charlie napped while Suzie was off doing all the work.

It's not an exciting book, there's not a ton of action and adventure, but from what I have seen from Ms. Drummond's blog, Charlie is not very exciting or full of action. This book perfectly reflects its subject-- a lazy, sleepy, adorable dog.

Definitely recommend it for preschool ages, and it has the potential to become a treasured favorite for kids as they grow up.

5.0 out of 5 stars childrens animal book, July 21, 2011
This review is from: Charlie the Ranch Dog (Hardcover)
Ordered this book for my 2 year old grandson's birthday. We have a bassett that he calls dog, dog. He recognizes Charlie as the same kind of dog. Both he and his 4 year old brother love having the story read to them. Their mom loves The Prairie Woman and knew she would relate to Charlie since she got our basset when she was 18 and he stays with her family when we travel. Love the illustrations. Would like to see another follow-up book about Charlies adventures.

4.0 out of 5 stars cute story..., February 2, 2013
This review is from: Charlie the Ranch Dog (Hardcover)
I like the book and the illustrations are very cute. My grandkids will get great enjoyment out of the story and the pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Charlie is sweet and adorable, January 15, 2013
The story is written from the perspective of a "working" Bassett Hound. It's a sweet story that should please both parent and child. My eight year old read it to me and there were opportunities for talking points as well. The illustrations were excellent as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift!, July 20, 2011
This review is from: Charlie the Ranch Dog (Hardcover)
I bought this book to give as a baby shower present. Not only does it have a great story, the illustrations are so detailed and colorful! Everyone commented on what a great children's book it was. Definitely worth the money. As someone who follows The Pioneer Woman blog, I expected nothing less from Ree Drummond and was not disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars My grandson loves this book series, January 26, 2013
This review is from: Charlie the Ranch Dog (Hardcover)
Due to our affection for basset hounds (we have one darling lone), my grandson loves the book. It's so typical of the characteristics true to bassets. More, please!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, January 19, 2013
My 5 year old daughter and I love reading this story together! She laughed so hard and really enjoyed the illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kids book, February 1, 2013
tangowtx (Midland, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I loved that Charlie was exactly like a typical bassett hound. The story was very entertaining to my 7 year old

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute book for very young children, May 27, 2011
Mary S. Marxer (Carrollton, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Charlie the Ranch Dog (Hardcover)
I bought this book to read to my grandchildren, who are 4 and almost 2. The pictures are very cute and well-done, but the format of the book, mostly just comments scattered on the pages, makes it difficult to read aloud. There is virtually no plot, so I think the 4-year-old will tire of it soon. If you are a fan of The Pioneer Woman, you will enjoy adding this to your collection; however, if you are not familiar with her blog some of the references will be a little obscure. I recommend it as a picture book for very young kids who like animals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love Charlie and you will too., July 24, 2014
I just bought the Kindle edition of Charlie the Ranch Dog for my 6 year old nephew and thought I would preview it. Needless to say, I ended up reading the entire book. What a charming, delightful, funny story. I felt myself smiling and chuckling the whole way through. I can see that this will be a favorite for a long time. Maybe by then my 18 month old grandson will be ready for some Charlie too.

Charlie the Ranch Dog
Charlie the Ranch Dog by Ree Drummond (Hardcover - April 26, 2011)
$16.99 $12.93