Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 16, 2007
Candy Havens is an author whose work always puts a smile on my face. Her books are action-packed, funny, and full of witches, demons, and other paranormal characters, which is totally up my alley. I love Bronwyn and will continue to follow her crazy life. I hope there are more books in the pipe!
on March 6, 2011
CHARMED & DEADLY is an eye-popping adventure filled with evil demons, boyfriends good and bad, drop dead sexy guys, and best friends. Candace Havens scores again with delivering an award winning performance, where good versus evil in the pursuit of power. Bronwyn has her hands full keeping the men in her life free from danger. I was reading along at breakneck speed anxious to see whom Bronwyn was going to save next. The story is full of action, demon-slaying, sparkling magic, and romance. Bronwyn and Sam make a wild, romantic couple with one little problem and that is trust. They are working on it though. Bronwyn's friends, in Sweet, Texas, are a hilarious and a fun bunch of people with plenty of mouthwatering, southern food. I absolutely drooled over the chicken-fried steaks, mashed potatoes, and apple pies at Lulu's restaurant. The dialogue is smart and intense. Her characters have distinct edges that lend themselves to both humor and villainy. Fans of Candace Haven's Charmed books will absolutely treasure this new adventure.
on January 26, 2013
I am in love with the fantasy writing in these books! One of the best book series I've read in a while. Perfect book to get sucked into and forget reality. The author has a great writing style, combining humor, quick wit and fabulous imagery. The author is a new favorite and a great creative inspiration. I read these books out of order by accident, and then bought the series to read again in order. The books get better every time I read them. I will read anything by Candace Havens now. More magic, please!
VINE VOICEon August 20, 2009
I've been looking high and low for another good witch series and I thought I had found it. I was looking for something along the lines of the Garnet Lacey series. This for sure falls short. Granted, this is the first book in the series that I've read but it just didn't click for me. There were too many story lines, those story lines were way too mixed up and not enough time was given to Bron and Sam (Given the tragic event that happens towards the end of the book you'd think there would've been more pages dedicated to the couple.) I won't say there isn't much character development. That may have happened in the first two books but I can say it doesn't seem like Bron grew at all. It seemed she made the same mistakes several times in this one book! All of that being said, this one had it's funny moments along with some serious a** whooping of the paranormal kind! Ya gotta love that. I guess this one did interest me enough to go look for the first two in the series.
on November 4, 2009
If you are a fan of author Candace Havens and you've read her last 2 books in the Charmed series then you won't be dissapointed. You will definitely feel like you're back in Bronwyns' life.
If you're new to the series then I would suggest you read books 1 & 2 first. Without telling too much of the story I would say that if you like to read books about magic, freindship, action, and sexually detailed romance then this will be a good read BUT like i said it is better to read the 1st two books because this is a continuation of the others.
For the newcomers: Bronwyn is a very powerful witch that helps an organization to rid the world of all evil(mostly magical).At the same time she is trying to jugle her personal life with her family, friends and her oh so handsom doctor/lover; but of course her job and personal life always get entwined which makes this and all other stories in the charmed series very very exciting.
on February 21, 2008
For this third book in the series, the zing that was so apparent on the first two books is missing. Our heroine must deal with heavier emotional sacrifice for her work this time around, but the plot is too familiar. She fights the bad guys who try to hurt her friends and family, she got hurt, she heals, and then kills them. Nothing wrong with that except the bad guy is just too one dimensional. The humor in this book is also missing.

Another thing that's missing is the chemistry between her and her warlock boyfriend. It seems the sheik got more pages than her boyfriend. Ok, so maybe I'm a bit biased, I want her to choose the sheik (he's my favorite character). Overall, a good book, just not as good as the first two. Too many things are missing.
on November 11, 2010
My name is Bronwyn, and this is the first piece of reading material I have ever come across where the main character is Bronwyn. I just loved reading it so much more because of this!!

Best for a beach read, took all three to Cuba with me and read on the beach!

If you like Sookie Stackhouse, read this, though it's a bit more juvenile (other than the sex scenes, of course)
VINE VOICEon August 29, 2009
Breezy, chick-lit paranormal fantasy starring Bronwyn, a High Witch with phenominal powers. This has a lot of glossed-over violence, and Bronwyn comes across as rather super heroish, but these books are a lot of light fun despite the high body counts.

And nary a mention of shoes or makeup!

This is the third book in the series.
on June 24, 2007
Bronwyn is the epitomy of girl power, thanks to her formidable magical powers. Because of her kick butt via magic abilities, she's spent the last five years protecting the British Prime Minister and dealing with various and sundry paranormal bad guys. Every so often, she gets to come home to Sweet, Texas to visit her boyfriend, but most of the time, she's going all over the world, rescuing whoever needs rescuing, protecting and serving the innocent, and dealing pain to those who need it. Whatever the challenge; assassination attempts, tempermental rock stars, missing people, hostage situations, incapacitated wizards, and what have you, Bronwyn is up for it. There is, of course, a personal cost.

*** This is a perfect summer, beach read. Light humor zings and zips as you follow Bronwyn from one adventure to the next. The pace never slows down, yet the descriptions are vivid and will paint clear pictures in your mind. If you enjoyed Buffy or Charmed and miss having new episodes, then indulge in this book and relive the feelings they evoked. ***

Amanda Killgore
on November 4, 2008
I tried to read this book, but I couldn't get past the "snarky" attitude of the main character Bronwyn. Also, Ms. Haven's hasn't seemed to have done much research on magic, or she has just created her own world. Albeit this is fiction, but a little research on mythology would be nice. She talks about a witch or warlock being responsible for the sniper attack on the PM in the first chapter of the book. Apparently, she doesn't understand that a warlock is not a male witch. I'll leave her to look that one up.

Next Brownyn is just plain irritating. Again, I admit I didn't read the whole book, but I just couldn't get past the lack of understanding of magic, the attitude of the heroine, and the boring plot.

Maybe next time Candy.