Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on May 27, 2016
This has the same diary format, as the first in the series. It is written as if things are happening in the moment, which I find a little irritating for a diary – she wants us to believe she carries her journals everywhere – even to drunken parties, where she goes off to the toilet to write in them (yeah, right!!).

I also find the way the relationship between Sam and Bronwyn is developed is mixed, with it sometimes being very juvenile. The voice is not quite consistent – one minute valley girl, and teenager-ish and the next minute mature adult – having said that I can be inconsistent, so I guess it is OK for characters to be and hopefully this will level out as more books are added to the series and the author really decides who Bronwyn is.

The mysteries have some very predictable elements but others not so, and are interesting enough to keep me reading. Despite all the flaws I enjoyed the book and will definitely be reading the 3rd.
on June 19, 2009
I have not read any of this author's books before, this one definitely would not make me want to rush out to buy the next in the series, I liked the premise of magic and weapons but neither the heroine or the so called love of her life were particularly inspiring,
she almost dies fighting a demon but the boyfriend is in a jealous snit so he never calls her, comes back after she is saved claims he was away and the battery in his cell was dead( I guess there were no landlines or payphones) and instead of dropkicking his miserable butt through the window, she proceeds to try and make him feel better via oral sex over the next few pages, excuse me while I puke.
on September 9, 2006
After saving the life of the English Prime Minster, but almost at the cost of her beloved Sam (see CHARMED AND DANGEROUS), witch Bronwyn wants some quality time with her boyfriend even if Sweet, Texas is sweltering in the August heat. However, the Prime Minister has asked Bronwyn to protect a friend, rock and roll star Zane. Sam is unhappy but duty calls so she leaves him in the states to journey to Bournemouth, England on what she assumes will prove a tedious assignment.

However, Bronwyn may wield some powerful magic, but her forecasting skills prove inept. First the paparazzi are everywhere and catch her in unfortunate seemingly compromised positions. When she calls Sam to explain, he refuses to speak to her or call her back. These nasty photographers crawl from under every rock and are always underfoot even when Bronwyn battles against Goth-clad demons who either want to take Zane to the dark side or eliminate a pest of a witch who has thwaredt their plans.

This sequel follows the further escapades and misadventures (at least in love) of heroic witch Bronwyn, as she battles evil demons who want her dead. Bronwyn's first hand account is fun to follow as her asides add humor to the fantasy mix. Fans needing a haven to escape the mundane will want to read the exploits of the CHARMED AND READY super witch as she battles evil while pondering whether demons or paparazzi are the bigger threat to her well being.

Harriet Klausner
on October 25, 2014
The second book in the Bronwyn series, Ms. Havens, the author continues on the journey of a powerful high witch who travels the world protecting important people. She takes us there with vivid imagery written into the story
on January 26, 2013
I am in love with the fantasy writing in this book! One of the best books I've read in a while. Perfect book to get sucked into and forget reality. Author has a great writing style, combining humor, quick wit and fabulous imagery. I read these books out of order by accident, and then bought the series to read again in order. The books get better every time I read them. I will read anything by Candace Havens now. More please!
on January 25, 2008
An enjoyable and fanciful read. The creativeness of the story line and enwrapping of the magic world with the "mortal" world is almost believable. I've got all in this series and each is a unique story.
on November 23, 2006
Heads up, a review previously a person or 2 below was not designated as such but is a HUGE SPOILER. Hopefully it will be removed/revised. Disliking the book is of course ok, but not marking a spoiler is not fair. I sat down and read the book in 2 sittings, unheard of for me. Not my normal read, but an easy fun read. I look forward to # 3 to take on vacation next year. This makes a great book if you need the occasional short chapter, vacation or waiting room type of read. Reading the books in order helps a lot but is not necessary. A little make believe with enough reality and personality to make it flow reasonably. Not too romance-y and not too magic like, either. Neither strongly appeals to me, but this hybrid does. That said, it is not like reading a great instant classic. I usually don't finish those in 2 sittings, however.
on February 10, 2010
I loved all the books in the series. I hope there will bve more.
on July 17, 2007
This book is absolutely hysterical. I couldn't put it down. It's funny and magical and sexy hot. Extremely well written. Bronwen is my kinda witch. If she writes 10 more I WILL read them.
on July 16, 2007
So far, this is my favorite book in the series. Zane, the rock star, is seriously hot. Bronwyn has her moments, which made me laugh outloud. Love this book!