Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Charmed Season 9 Volume 3 (Charmed Graphic Novel)
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 20, 2012
This volume holds books 13-19 making a total of 7 chapters. This story arch is the best yet IMHO. *SPOILER ALERT* For all Cole and Prue fans this is the story arch for you. Even though Prue is back she isn't the same Prue we all know and love from the show. Cole on the other hand is trying to once again escape his past so he can move onto his afterlife. We also learn a little more of Coop's history and how cupids come to be. Leo learns about his new weapon and still has to face an old enemy. We see more of the Charmed children in this story arch compared to the other ones. While all the children except for Henry Jr. are magical he ends up giving the reader a suprise at the end. *END SPOILER ALERT*

If your a true Charmed fan this is the book for you. I can not give it the full five stars because some of the artist leave a lot to be desired, but if you can look past the art work you will be taken back to the world of Charmed in no time.
on May 29, 2012
I was very excited to get my hands on a copy of this Comic Book, courtesy of NetGalley, and it was enjoyable. If anyone knows me, they know that I have a slight obsession with Charmed, seeing as to how I've been watching reruns of it for at least the past 3 years. I've tried to stop watching it, but like I said it's been quite an obsession; I know almost all the episodes word for word. I had mixed emotions when reading this comic book; I loved the fact that some old characters were brought back like Elise and Tyler, but it was odd to me that Elise knows about magic now, because of the fact that the sisters were so big on hiding their secret on the actual show. The graphics didn't really live up to what I thought they'd be, they were okay, but they weren't great. I did like a few of the stories; I loved the first one with Piper and the opening of her restaurant. I even enjoyed Phoebe and Coop's story. Paige's stories were very confusing to me; they were hard to understand and it just wasn't real clear. Overall, this comic book was okay, if you're a die-hard Charmed fan, I'd suggest getting it.
I caught a couple of episodes of Charmed during it's original run, but I didn't get a chance to really like it until I borrowed my grandmother's complete series of it. I watched episode after episode and I had the whole series watched in three months. When I saw Season 9 Volume 3 was up for review on NetGalley, I had to request to review it.

In the continuing style of the Buffyverse comics, Charmed continues the storyline from the series finale with the Season 9 comic book series. Even though I haven't read the first two volumes, I easily understood what was going on in Volume 3 which consists of the issues 13-19.

"Piper's Place" is a standalone story that shows how Piper's life is in total chaos. She is busy being one of the charmed ones, a mother to two young boys, a wife, and opening a new restaurant. Her son misses her and puts a spell on her. A spell that multiplies Piper.

"Cupids Harrow" is about Phoebe and her husband, Coop, who is having issues with his new Cupid Assignment. As Phoebe tries to find out what is haunting Coop, a supernatural element is stalking her - Cole.

The next four issues ("Where There's Smoke There is a Firestarter," "The Heavens Can Wait", "Family Shatters", "Four's Company,") deals with Cole trying to get redemption for himself by finding the thought-to-be-dead Prue, who has been brought back, but in a new body.

The last issue "Crosses, Triple Cross" is another standalone tale, this time focusing on Paige as she brings a fictional private detective to the life to help her solve a mystery.

Charmed fans will enjoy these continuing stories of these three, no make those four witches. I loved that the brought back one of my favorite characters, Cole, and gave him a new focus. I was shocked that they brought back Prue. Even though there will probably never be a Charmed movie, it is nice to know that there is a Charmed Season 10 comic books in the works.
review image
on March 3, 2015
If you loved the Charmed TV series this is a continuation of their lives. It was hard to read at first but I read them all again and then passed them on to my niece and when she's finished she will pass them on to her mom to read.
on June 4, 2012
I've always enjoyed the TV show Charmed, and I did enjoy this little volume of collected comics set in the Charmed universe. I thought the pencils were pretty good, and the story entertaining. It was really nice to see how the characters turned out- even though- and this is just a preference kiddy drama and baby drama isn't to my taste. I much prefer the swinging single sisters to the married-with-kids version. However, I understand life moves on and people do indeed get married and have children.

Overall, I thought this was an entertaining read, and I'm going to go back and hunt down the first volume, since volume 3 is a tough place to start.

If you like the TV show- and want to find out what happens 'next' this is a book you might want to pick up.

Review Copy courtesy of Netgalley.
on April 25, 2014
they should have stated that the entire season nine was done up like a 1980's comic book,, in fact volume 1 thru 4 was nothing but a over sized comic book, they should have stated it was a comic book, not actual pictures, they were all computer drawn just like the funny pages
Love Charmed, and I love the overall storyline. But I got sick of seeing the solution to every problem be deus ex Prue back in the first season of the show. The teamwork-oriented later seasons are far more entertaining, so I was quite disappointed to see Prue's reintroduction dominate everything.
on August 10, 2012
Can you honestly tell me that these are the best artists they can get? The characters don't look like the real actors most of the time--especially the men.

And I may have mentioned this before, but none of them seems to know how to draw children or babies. The babies look like dwarf adults, or like the adult faced babies in Renaissance religious paintings, and the kids aren't much better.

Storytelling is fine--they found a nice way to get around the fact that a certain tempermental actress apparently hasn't given rights to use her image. But again, the artwork sucks except for the cover art shown at the end of each volume.

Better than no "Charmed" at all, but still......
I have no clue what these books are about. I know my wife loves them so I bought them for her. She loves them so I guess It gets five stars.
on November 24, 2014