4.0 out of 5 stars Great, Basic Charmin, just what is says
I disagree with most of the negative reviews. This is CHARMIN BASIC, it is soft, but not overly, blanket-like soft. It is NOT like scratchy, thin, public restroom toilet paper. It is THICK in my opinion. You are not paying for huge, overly soft rolls, and you are not getting that, but it is certainly worth the money, a great value.
Published on November 16, 2011 by ofj2fn2ifofjefpj

1.0 out of 5 stars DOUBLE ROLL MY FOOT. WHAT A GYP!!
Published on September 27, 2011 by Nancy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars DOUBLE ROLL MY FOOT. WHAT A GYP!!, September 27, 2011
Nancy (Oregon South Coast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Charmin Basic Toilet Paper, 4 Double Rolls (Pack of 10) (Health and Beauty)
This is my third purchase of this item. I noticed the rolls seemed "loose" when unpacking the carton. Also this new roll does not last like the other ones did. I still had 2 rolls left of the old batch, so out of curiosity I weighed them on my USPS postal scale. The new roll is half an ounce lighter, 3.7 oz compared to 4.2 for the old ones. The carton (but not the 4-pack) says 264 sheets per roll. I don't have the previous carton.

I deducted 0.1 oz for the tube and divided 264 by 3.6, and got 73.33 sheets per ounce. Then I multiplied 73.33 by 4.1, and got 300 sheets on the old roll. Dividing 3.6 by 4.1 gives me the fact that the new roll is only 88% of the size of the old one. Of course, these figures are very approximate.

Apparently they made the rolls look the same by making the embossing deeper so the paper (which is also of a newly inferior quality) takes up more space.

Shame on you, Charmin. Did you think we wouldn't notice? I won't be back, and I am down-rapping this item to everyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars RIP OFF - NOT NORMAL CHARMIN TP, October 4, 2011
The other reviews are right - this is a complete rip off. I've been buying this kind of TP off of Amazon for a while now and this order of it sucks!!! It is not the soft Charmin TP and the rolls are not the double rolls - hardly anything on the roll. I'm VERY UPSET about paying for this product and Amazon should not allow it to be sold w/ the description they are using to sell it!

1.0 out of 5 stars This can't be Charmin, November 20, 2011
William Lau (SF Bay Area, United States) - See all my reviews
I am a regular user of Charmin Basic but no more. Buyer be warned, there is a new version of Charmin Basic with something called Duraflex. This is TOTAL ripoff. The new Basic roll has way less sheets per roll. On top of that, the new Basic sheet is sooo much thiner, it's nothing like before. Proctor and Gamble - shame on you! They should call this Charmin Econo instead of Charmin Basic. The new TP is not durable at all. Duraflex my ...

2.0 out of 5 stars Not like the old Charmin, September 11, 2011
This is a basic toilet paper that does not meet the usual Charmin quality of being soft and strong. We used to use Charmin (the one with Aloe and Vitamin E) until I developed an allergy to this version of Charmin. We switched to Charmin Basic and found the toilet paper strong but scratchy. It wasn't soft at all. We now use Angel Soft as it is both soft and strong while being budget friendly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the same as it use to be!, October 15, 2011
When I first signed up for this on a monthly bases it was perfect, now it runs out in 16 days. This TP was changed by Charmin (proctor & gamble) to a much less quality product and only about half as much on each roll.. I don't blame Amazon for this but I intend to change to something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars I used to love the old Charmin Basic, October 7, 2011
-DTK (Fort Rucker, AL) - See all my reviews
For whatever reason, Charmin decided to change the texture its Basic toilet tissue. What used to be a soft and thick ply is now thin, rough, and quilted. Now it feels cheap and the rolls are nowhere as thick as they were before. I canceled my Subscribe & Save for this item since I did not like paying the same price for something of less quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars No longer the same TP - much less for the same price, November 22, 2011
- Previously : 308 sheets/146.1 sq ft. per roll,
- Now you get: 264 sheets/125.2 sq ft. per roll,

I've been buying Charmin Basic TP for years and I noticed that the rolls from the last shipment is much looser than the previous ones. I comapred the two, and I was right, the new rolls are so much less than the good ol' Charmin Basic.

Although the price (with subscription) is still competitive, I am cancelling the subscription as I can find other store brand TPs for better price per sq ft.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the same charmin..., October 26, 2011
Just received a new shipment and this is not the same toilet paper as before. This used to be decent toilet paper and now is thinner and rougher. I am not too picky about my toilet paper, I am also not one to post reviews online, but I just wanted to put my opinion out there that I will be staying away from this particular charmin product until they go back to the old design or atleast something better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip Off, December 29, 2011
This product is a complete rip off. I can't believe they're called double rolls. The rolls are so small and the paper is so thin, it's like in a public restroom. Save your money and buy something better- I wish I would have.

1.0 out of 5 stars Loved the old basic, January 7, 2012
G. Fahan "Beaner" (Lake City, Iowa United States) - See all my reviews
The New softer basic is softer but does not last as long even using less per wipe!!!!!! What a rip off.
I'm switching brands just to get back.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›