Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Size: 9 Family RollsChange

on November 1, 2013
We have been using Charmin Ultra Soft for 10+ years.
We even put up with their narrower, shorter rolls,
and their repackaging to hide the cost increases,
but now their alleged two-ply is as thin as a
normal one ply and it's super linty and irritating.

I can document the changes listed above because we
have 2 older packs of "emergency" Charmin Ultra Soft
that we brought in from the garage and we compared
them to the ones we recently bought. The old packs
had 12 rolls, the new packs had 9 rolls. The sizes and
thicknesses were completely different. The newer
edition is a totally cheap imitation of the original
Charmin and it's now also irritating as well.

In fact, it's so irritating that we can never buy it again.
The Costco TP wasn't as fancy, but at least it has
never caused any pain and irritation to anyone in our
house.
22 comments71 of 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2013
I have loved Charmin toilet tissue from the first time I used it...it's great tissue. But you can no longer use less because there is actually less tissue on the roll due to the "narrow-ness" of the new rolls. They are a full 1/4 inch less in width!! If the company was looking to keep cost down, don't bother! Those of us who WERE faithful customers would have been willing to pay a little more to keep the width the same! Besides, it looks silly sitting on the roller! I will be looking for a new tissue the next time I shop.
88 comments54 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2011
Growing up, I was used to the thin sandpaper bath tissue. You know, the kind that requires an entire roll before you feel as though you've sufficiently wiped and subsequently causes your bum to hurt afterward? Enter my husband. He's pretty picky when it comes to his toilet paper so when I first tried Charmin Ultra Soft, I couldn't believe it. To be honest, I had no idea that toilet paper could be so soft. I was halfway tempted to use the bath tissue to stuff a headboard I was making. So soft. So cuddly. Toilet paper? Wow.

Since I've been introduced to the world of upscale bum care, I could never go back to John Wayne toilet paper (rough, tough and don't take crap off no one).

I recommend this product to individuals who have never experienced the luxury of wiping their tush with the closest thing to a pillow.
88 comments80 of 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2013
You changed it! This used to be the best tp around. Now it's not soft at all. I have some old Charmin around and I can testify that the softness is drastically different. I will be switching.
11 comment42 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2013
Charmin tried to sneak one over its customers by quietly shrinking the roll width from 10.8cm to 9.9cm.
I was a long time customer of this product, but can no longer use it as the rolls no longer fit our holders that press the rolls from the side.
Toilet paper has been a standard size forever. It is ignorant on the part of the company that no one would notice them trying to put more money in their pocket. I want to use charmin, but can no longer use any of their products since the TP rolls will not fit in my holders as they have been reduced by almost an entire centimeter and fall out of the holders.
Shame on Charmin for trying to sneak one by us.
0Comment30 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 26, 2013
I have used this product for years and have loved it, but due to the shortening of the rolls, and changing of the product I have to make some new decisions. They have made it now with pattern on it, in which makes it less fluffy. I am so sad to see corprate greed ruin a good product, so if anyone knows of a product like the old charmin let me know, and I will be changing my purchase choices in the future
Bummer on whoever made this idea to shorten, and change the softness, shame on you.
0Comment27 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2014
Charmin has recently decided to cheapen-up. They have reduced the width of their squares (rolls). Their product will no longer fit many types of toilet paper holders. They actually fall right out of mine. If you have the spindle type, you will be fine. However, you had better use only two or three fingers to hold the paper now. If you don't, you will be in for a surprise.

UPDATE: Charmin cheapened-up their line in Fall, 2013, cutting their width by 10% in hopes of fooling the consumer. Consumer Reports just came out with a comparison and noted that many companies have done this. Amazon refuses to separate the old product from the new product, so these old reviews of when Charmin had a product 10% larger are still being applied to the changed product. However, Consumer Reports pointed to White Cloud Ultra 3-ply as the best. I just tried it and it is better than Charmin in size (fits on your dispenser and wide enough to handle), softness and price. Unfortunately, you can only get it at Walmart (store or website), but it's worth it until/unless they too try to go the fool-the-consumer route.
on December 19, 2013
After having purchased this product from my local grocery many times I decided to order it online and save some money. When I opened the package and placed the first roll on the roller I noticed the roll was not as wide as the others. It was much narrower than other rolls and I used a ruler to find the product was 1/2" narrower than before. I emailed P&G about this, and voiced my complaint and received a response stating that to keep costs low they had to change the size of the product. I am amazed at how a company will paste all types of banners on their product claiming it is "New and Improved", but when downsizing the product nothing is said about that. This roll reminded me of the narrow toilet paper you find in public restrooms. I used to enjoy their brand, but because of this and the uncaring response I received from P&G I have made it an effort to never buy any of their products again.
11 comment13 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2013
The toilet paper I received wax clearly repackaged with cheap off brand toilet paper! I even compared it to the off brand I'd boughten until this came in and it's the exact same thing! THIS IS NOT THE CHARMIN ULTRA SOFT YOU BUY IN STORES AND ITS A SHAME THE SCAM PEOPLE OVER AND RIP THEM OFF!!!
on November 10, 2010
It was my turn to buy the TP and the first and final place I looked was amazon. For starters this comes with prime shipping which was a big benefit. I also did not want to get a HUGE package as I knew the others who are responsible would not be as kind. Finally, I wanted something comfortable yet strong since its used all the time and in vulnerable situations.

This TP met all my expectations and with its arrival 2 business days later we were never out of stock.
11 comment23 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse