5.0 out of 5 stars Well - toilet paper
Ok - Charmin - we can buy it in the supermarket but we agree in my household that it is the best toilet paper and we are always looking where to buy it cheaper.
This is the place. Not only is it less money but with Prime, you can get it cheaper, stock up and not have to fill up your shopping cart with it. It comes to your door. Very convenient.
I get my TP...
Published 7 months ago by H S

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a pure scam
Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a pure scam, October 28, 2013
This review is from: Charmin Ultra Soft Toilet Paper 40 Double Roll (10 Packs of 4 Double Rolls) (Health and Beauty)
There are 40 rolls of toilet paper in case, but these are the smallest rolls of toilet paper I have ever seen. The total quantity of toilet paper in the entire case I estimate is less than a $10.00 package at a local store. The rolls are about 2/3 the width of paper that I purchase at local stores. I am surprised that Charmin would put their name on these. Don't do it unless you have money to flush.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shrink and quality ray has struck hard, November 11, 2013
Voltaire (Lake Worth,Texas,USA) - See all my reviews
Been buying Ultra Soft (P&G's premium tp) since the 90's, back when the original product was a White Cloud product before being bought by P&G. P&G has ruined this product. This is a premium product price wise but not quality wise anymore. The straw which broke the camels back for me was my wife complaining. In 23 years, she has never complained about the toilet paper I buy. So what is wrong? Each sheet is now 3.92" wide and the absorbency has gone way down. What does this result in? Having to use a substantial amount more to clean and making it nearly impossible to clean without making a mess of your hand. I walked thru Walmart this weekend. There is no paper being sold which is smaller or even the same size as this Charmin product (square). This is unforgivable to me and I will avoid Charmin products. Can't even complain on their website so this is going to serve as the venue of my disappointment. The new paper I bought is a full 4.2" wide and 20% less and a much better product. So long P&G Charmin. You've been replaced.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff but not what is advertised, December 22, 2013
T. Hogland (Wasilla, AK USA) - See all my reviews
Love Charmin Ultra Soft! But, this 10-pk of 4 "double rolls" isn't. It's labeled 167 2-ply sheets per roll, 3.9"x4" (That's nowhere on the product page, by the way - you have to order it and read the box to find out.). If you search out Charmin 29685 Ultra Soft, it's 10-pk of 4-roll retail packages, each 176 4.5" x 4.5" sheets, $31 (in mid-December 2013) and not "Amazon" so no subscription or free shipping available. The "mega rolls" of this stuff are 352 sheets, 4.2"x4".

So, I'll either track down a replacement subscribe-n-save of retail packages, or of mega-rolls, or I'll just go back to buying this at retail. Sorry Amazon, but dishonest labeling doesn't earn business, especially when I can go to Costco and get the 40-roll packages for the same price you charge (and get the "real" double rolls).

Update: Looks like Charmin now only sells "double rolls" and "mega rolls". Double seems to mean regular, while Mega is what would be called a double roll. So, if comparing costs and looking for "double rolls", you should be comparing Charmin Mega Rolls to other company's double rolls.

But, after trying others (Angel Soft, White Cloud, etc.) and hoping to find a REAL double roll replacement, nothing is as soft as this stuff and still decently strong. I guess when you have the best product on the market, you can scale back a little on the value. Shame...

1.0 out of 5 stars -5 stars, November 1, 2013
We have been using Charmin Ultra Soft for 10+ years.
We even put up with their narrower, shorter rolls,
and their repackaging to hide the cost increases,
but now their alleged two-ply is as thin as a
normal one ply and it's super linty and irritating.

I can document the changes listed above because we
have 2 older packs of "emergency" Charmin Ultra Soft
that we brought in from the garage and we compared
them to the ones we recently bought. The old packs
had 12 rolls, the new packs had 9 rolls. The sizes and
thicknesses were completely different. The newer
edition is a totally cheap imitation of the original
Charmin and it's now also irritating as well.

In fact, it's so irritating that we can never by it again.
The Costco TP wasn't as fancy, but at least it has
never caused any pain and irritation to anyone in our
house.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Double Rolls, November 14, 2013
I'll just echo what others have said, more emphatically. These are NOT double rolls of toilet paper. Nowhere do they even say double roll on the package or the box. It's basically a scam, and I'm pretty sure it qualifies as false advertising to tell people you're sending something and send something inferior in its place. Unfortunately, my husband was opening packages and I didn't notice until we'd purchased it a few times through a subscription.

1.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye Charmin, Hello Cottenelle., November 21, 2013
The last, and I mean that retroactively and proactively, order of Charmin I received was of the new short-stack variety. Which means that the Charmin is now incompatible with the downstairs toilet-paper holder. Buy a new toilet-paper holder to accommodate Charmin's new slimline paper? Nope. Goodbye Charmin, Hello Cottenelle.

2.0 out of 5 stars Who do they think they are kidding?, January 13, 2014
Really? I thought this was a buy at first and have always like Charmin. I'm now on my second box through subscribe & save and the other day, noticed that the roll of paper is easily moving from side to side on the spindle. They cut about an inch off the width of these sheets. Are we not supposed to notice that? Looks awful -- like you're using some kind of one-ply cheap toilet paper. I'll be on the search for another brand through subscribe & save for sure.

1.0 out of 5 stars not double rolls, November 25, 2013
These are NOT double rolls. I assumed it would be a good deal if they were in fact double rolls. Save your $30 and make a grocery store run.

1.0 out of 5 stars stay clear of this one, January 13, 2014
I have to second what all the other reviewers have said. I am a many-years buyer of charmin ultrasoft toilet paper. double vs single vs mega roll scam aside, the first time my wife and I each put this subscribe and save to our bottoms, we both said the exact same thing: this is not charmin ultrasoft. it is neither ultra nor soft. much harder, thinner, just does not feel premium. any long-time charmin ultrasoft user will note this immediately.

I do not know if charmin has changed their overall formula. the last pack I bought from retail within the last six months was the good stuff; this stuff is not. I suspect it is just this subscribe and save that is faulty for some reason. however, if I go back to retail and it has magically changed to this stuff, I will be heading back to Cottonelle, which we used before, and was a close second to charmin ultrasoft.

bought once via subscribe and save; will not buy again. back to buying from retail. shame on you amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Teeny Tiny Toilet Paper, April 23, 2014
Deceptive product. Charman has (for cost reasons? for conservation reasons?) trimmed the width of these rolls by a good half inch. Make a difference? You bet it does. Do they warn you by indicating these are, in essence, smaller rolls? No. They measure by yardage - I am cancelling this from my subscribe and save products.

Rate and Discover Movies