5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best there is...buttocks wise.
The wife only approves of this toilet paper. I have tried several times to get her to save money by getting a different brand but she is like the Borg, resistance is futile.

I have to agree with her that it is the softest and the width of the sheet is slightly wider than most the budget brands which really DOES make a difference.

Also, does anyone...
Published 15 months ago by Nathan Brantley

1.0 out of 5 stars New Smaller Rolls: 14% Price Incease & Less Comfortable
Published 14 months ago by Lloyd R.

1.0 out of 5 stars New Smaller Rolls: 14% Price Incease & Less Comfortable, October 20, 2013
This review is from: Charmin Ultra Soft Toilet Paper (3 Packs Of 6 Mega Rolls) (Health and Beauty)
Charmin Ultra Soft Mega Rolls was a great product. We've used it for years. We ordered our last box on October 1, 2013, but found it was not the same product. In the past it was a five star product. However, it now gets one star as a means to attract the attention of people who might want to know about the change in the size, feel, and value of the newly modified product as compared to the original product.

Roll width has been reduced from 4.27 to 3.92 inches (4 inch sheet length is the same). Also, the number of sheets per roll has been reduced from 352 to 328. All in all, this means that instead of 42 square feet of paper per roll there's now 36 square feet per roll. This is 14% less product for about the same amount of money; which of course is a 14% price increase.

It's understandable that prices might need to rise from time to time. We wouldn't mind paying a reasonable amount more for the original product. Although a 14% hike seems abusive. Unfortunately, this is not the original product. Even though it's a fraction of an inch, you now might find that the product experience has changed significantly. Using the modified Charmin Ultra Soft Mega Rolls is less comfortable than the original, and now lacks that tiny hint of luxury.

Update Oct-29-2013
Didn't find an exact substitute for the original product. Surprisingly, found that 'Safeway Home OurSoftest ultra premium' came pretty close. (This is the Safeway grocery chain store brand.) It's not quite as soft, and it's debatable whether it has equivalent strength. Nevertheless, it's a worthy substitute. It's also much less expensive!

Pricing is always tricky because of the speed of changes. However, full width Oursoftest is somewhere between 30% and 50% cheaper than the new narrow Ultra Soft Mega. Amazon's best deals on Ultra Soft Mega, currently, range between $3.11 and $4.34 for one hundred square feet of paper. This compares poorly to Oursoftest at $2.13 per hundred square feet.

Update Sept-21-2014
Sometime in the last several weeks Safeway reduced the width of 'Safeway Home OurSoftest ultra premium' to less than 3.90 inches. Safeway now joins the "leaders" in being one of the stingiest bathroom tissue suppliers.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
2.0 out of 5 stars smaller rolls, October 2, 2013
This item is now about 1/2 in smaller in width than previous rolls. Basically paying same price for less product.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Oct 22, 2013 2:46:59 PM PDT
Thank you for reaching out, Debbie. While the roll has been reduced by 3/8ths of an inch, we also improved the flexibility of Charmin and added fibers from the ends back into the sheet for more fibers per square inch to get the job done. The Ultra Soft TP also has new comfort cushions - added for softness. If you have any questions, please give us a call at 1-800-777-1410, Mon-Fri 9AM-6PM EST. We'd love to discuss this further! Thank you for your feedback!

1.0 out of 5 stars ONLY 3.92 INCHES WIDE !!!, October 14, 2013
WARNING WARNING!!! DANGER DANGER!!! The above photos of this product show a version of this tissue which is ONLY 3.92 INCHES WIDE!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! I bought this same product from another seller on Amazon and it's true: I measured it here at home and confirmed that it's ONLY 3.92 INCHES WIDE!!! It's 4.5 inches wide if you shop in person at some retail stores, for example, at Costco and at some supermarkets.

2.0 out of 5 stars Significantly smaller rolls than last subscribe and save order, September 14, 2013
mochalover (United States) - See all my reviews
Love Charmin and LOVE not having to go to a big box store but everytime I get a subscribe and save shipment, the size is different and the price changes although the "description" is exactly the same. Wish Amazon would keep this consistent!

2.0 out of 5 stars More expensive!, August 28, 2013
Leigh Scott "Seaturtlelady" (Ivey, Georgia United States) - See all my reviews
Sometimes it happens...it's just too good to be true, the new price doesn't give you as good a savings as the former. Sure glad my last order came in a few days ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best there is...buttocks wise., September 18, 2013

Also, does anyone else find it awkward leaving a review for toilet paper?

1.0 out of 5 stars Change is NOT good!, September 3, 2013
I LOVE Charmin ultra soft & it's all I have bought for years. For the product, I give 5 stars. I was so happy to get it on the subscribe & save program, but like others, got the email that it was changing & so was the price. I do like the mega-rolls because they equal 4 regular rolls and last a lot longer. If I pay $1.00 per roll, I am happy. I may get this month's shipment, but the price is slightly more than I pay at Walmart or Target on sale & usually they will give you a $5.00 Target gift card if you buy 2. I don't think it is right to constantly be adjusting the prices on the items we have on this plan because I don't have time to be concerned with that. If we sign up for the program, I think the price should be locked in for a year anyway. I understand that you might not be able to do it longer than that with things fluctuating, but that would be fair. Hopefully the powers that be at Amazon will read these reviews and adjust accordingly. Otherwise, I love Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep an eye out - price does go down to the previous low! :), August 29, 2013
I agree the S&S changes can be a little frustrating, and they've come all within the past year (add on, ending items, massive increases, 5 minimum etc) But keep an eye on this one - it is indeed the same exact product as before, and the price as I type this is actually less than my last order ($15.15 now with the $1 coupon, $16.47 for my last order about 10 weeks ago) As with everything there, this one will fluctuate quite a bit.

I do wish they would streamline identical items a bit (don't need 5 different item pages for the same thing!) but I guess with so many resellers it's tough. Still well worth not having to shelp these around, and these are the largest, softest rolls we've found.

At a higher price this would definitely not be a 5 star rating, but at $15.15 for 18 rolls it is, for us :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Width is small! don't like it one bit, September 24, 2013
I thought it was a good deal when i signed up for this product through subscribe and save. but u are not really saving anything. i never write reviews, but i was really disappointed that i had to write. they call it mega roll, but they have decreased the width of the toilet paper. so its not a good deal. i feel that its also not as thick/absorbent as before. i would not recommend this product.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Bait and Switch?, September 27, 2013
I've been getting this TP from Amazon S&S for several months now. The price usually fluctuates a couple of dollars which is annoying but not a deal breaker. However, this last shipment the toilet paper has changed for the worse. The rolls are narrower, and much thinner. This is not the same TP that I subscribed to. I will give Amazon the benefit of the doubt and hope that this was an honest mistake, but if my next shipment is the same low quality paper, I will cancel my subscription.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Oct 4, 2013 10:30:21 AM PDT
I'm really sorry that you aren't happy and that quality doesn't sound right. With the new emboss, we added Comfort Cushions for softness and more fibers from the ends back into to the rest of the sheet to put them where you most need them to get the job done. We are committed to providing a high quality product at the best value so it's disheartening to hear your feedback. If there's anything we can do to offset your disappointment, please reach out to our team at 1-800-777-1410 9AM-6PM Mon-Fri.