Chase's delivers every day of the year
"I'm a big fan of Chase's Calendar of Events!"
--Al Roker, "Today"
"The bible of holidays."
--Jeffry Scott, Atlanta Journal-Constitution
"This is valuable information!"
--Ed Brice, Fort Worth Star-Telegram
"Chase's Calendar of Events is a rarity; a wonderful collection of useful, sometimes eclectic, facts that is fun to use."
--Barbara Bibel, reference librarian, Oakland Public Library
"Chase's Calendar of Events is an invaluable tool for us. Our listeners depend on us not only to bring them the news of the day but also to inform and entertain as well. Chase's makes our mornings interesting. It's like doing mental push-ups!"
--Felicia Middlebrooks, morning drive anchor, WBBM Newsradio, Chicago
For more than 45 years, Chase's Calendar of Events has been the most trusted and comprehensive reference to just what's going on today. Whether it's an important historical anniversary, the phases of the moon, a sports event, the birthday of a favorite celebrity, a festival or much, much more, Chase's has all the answers.
Chase's Calendar of Events is fully updated with 2003 dates for religious holidays, astronomical phenomena, conventions, festivals, fairs, conferences, sports events and special days. This edition contains extensive additions of international and national film festivals as well as more listings of major music, literary, theater and film awards. More celebrities are added to the "Birthdays Today" sections, including the casts of the hit TV series "CSI" and "24"; more music stars, among them Moby, Beck and Alicia Keyes; newsmakers such as illusionist David Blaine, U.S. soccer star Landon Donovan and fashion designer Stella McCartney; and new favorite film and TV stars, including Hayden Christensen, Vin Diesel, Jessica Alba and more.
And just what's special about 2003? Inside the "Spotlight" section you'll find more detailed information on significant anniversaries, including:
- The 300 th anniversary of the founding of St. Petersburg, Russia
- The 200 th anniversary of the Lewis and Clark Expedition and the numerous events nationwide that celebrate their exploration of the American West
- The 100 th anniversary of powered flight, with listings of events connected to the Wrights' great achievement
- The 100 th anniversary of the World Series
- Significant figures celebrating an important birthday: Ralph Waldo Emerson (200), Vincent Van Gogh (150), George Orwell (100) and many others
- The invention of the potato chip, James Bond's first appearance, the Corvette's 50 th birthday, the first ascent of Mount Everest, the discovery of DNA's double helix structure . . . and lots more!
2003 will also be the year of the Special Olympics World Summer Games in Dublin, Ireland, and the Women's World Cup soccer championship in China. Ford Motor Company and Harley-Davidson have special plans for their 100 th birthdays. And these are just a few examples of what's in store for readers. Packed with more than 12,000 entries, Chase's will have something for everyone.
For broadcasters, event planners, activity leaders, librarians, marketing professionals, speakers, travel agents, editors, writers or simply the curious, this is one reference you can't do without!