4.0 out of 5 stars A Promising New Dragon Saga, January 21, 2012
wbentrim (Bucks County, PA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Chasing Dragons:Vengeance by Barbara Farquharson Scott

The hope of Dragon protectors are gone from the works along with the dragons. A dismal future of capricious tyranny shackles the known world. Only the dragons and their riders have the courage and fortitude to challenge the evil that abounds but they are all dead, or are they?

Jenabel and her family dominate the story that starts with Deagon dealing with his legacy. Deagon's only companion is an amusing ghost who with a magic book makes Deagon question his own sanity. I particularly enjoyed Jenabel's interaction with her brothers, Oliver and Seth. Ms. Scott either closely researched sibling interaction or has an extended family as the family interaction oozed authenticity.

I think the story line and plot could be a bit more polished but as the first book in the series, it is quite good. It wraps up in a logical and satisfying manner and yet teases you with future books to complete the quest.

I recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dragons, Fantasy & Romance!, November 29, 2011
Wow. This book is awesome! If you love dragons, fantasy, romance or all three this is the book for you. I found this book action packed, funny, sweet and most of all a fast, fun read. I've been reading a lot of fantasy lately and let me tell you this one is great. I love Jenabel she's the perfect female heroine. The only complaint I had was some of the sequences seemed rushed. I would love to have known more Dragon history. I think with some more world & history building, this novel would be the perfect dragon fantasy story. I did like the splash of romance through out the story, it made the story that much more enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enter a world filled with dragons and loads of adventure!, October 23, 2011
Enter a world filled with dragons and loads of adventure!
This book really had me hooked and I hope to read more books from this author. The imagery and detail was wonderful and I felt like I was really there with everyone. This book was jammed pack with action and even had some romance which I loved.
I liked Deagon because he was really a nice guy and I could sympathize with how he felt like he didn't belong. He has really great friends though who let him know that he isn't alone. My favorite characters were Anhanan and Jenabel. I loved this pairing because their relationship was so sweet and you could really tell they cared for one another. I hope to see more of them in future books.
I highly recommend this book to lovers of fantasy, dragons, or to anyone who likes romance mixed with a lot of action.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good..., September 2, 2012
This review is from: Chasing Dragons: Vengeance (Chasing Dragons Saga, Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book... I finished it in a day..could not put down...only wish amazon carried the rest of the series.