Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Can't a Girl Get a Little Privacy? Mandy Moore stars as 18-year-old Anna Foster, bright beautiful--and the only child of the President of the United States. Every detail of her very public life is monitored by the media, her parents and her Secret Service detail. But like any 18-year-old, Anna yearns for a life of her own ... just Chasing Liberty. Anna's chance comes on a diplomatic trip to Europe when she manages to elude her security detail. Now, alone, incognito and on an adventure, Anna meets charming Ben Calder (Matthew Goode), and the two take the continent by storm. But even as Anna dreads the inevitable end of her freedom--and having to tell Ben who she really is--Ben has a secret of his own...]]>
Top Customer Reviews
Storyline could have been better.
There are many excellent scenes of Europe, which make me want to trek thru
many places (Washington, Prague, Venice, Austria, Berlin, Harvard U, London).
An excellent collection of great music is in the movie, in the same order:
- American Girl, by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
- The Seed, by The Roots
- If You Won't, by Jesse Harris
- Vivi Davvero, by Giorgia -- amazing Italian tune !
- If I'm not in love (with you), from Faith Hill's Breathe album
- Life will go on, from Chris Issak's Always Got Tonight album
- Puccini's Nessun Dorma, by Amici Forever -- always great !!
- To be with you, by Caroline Lost -- WoW !!!
----- For those who enjoy the music in the movie, here's the complete list (from IMDB) -----
(all original music in the film is by Christian Henson)
01. Goo Goo Dolls - Big Machine (trailer)
02. Michelle Branch - Find Your Way Back (trailer)
03. Tom Petty - American Girl (Washington DC - opening)
04. Rooney - Stay Away (Wahington DC - first date)
05. 7th Sun - Melody (Prague - walking to concert)
06. The Roots - The Seed 2.0 (Prague - concert)
07. Frantisek Cerny - Deja Vu (Prague - Marquis de Sade bar)
08. Jesse Harris - If you won't (Prague - walking down the alley)
09. Offenbach - La Belle Helen (Prague - the opera playing on the screen)
10. Jason Mraz - Who Needs Shelter (Prague - waking up on the rooftop)
11. Apollo 440 - Can't Stop the Rock (Prague - train station)
12. Sean Paul - Get Busy (McGruff on the train)
13. Giorgia - Vivi Davvero (exploring Venice)
14.Read more ›
Chasing Liberty and Mandy Moore have been unfairly savaged by the "critics". It is a beautifully shot, nice, fluffy and fun movie and should be seen by those who want to escape from real life for a couple of hours. If you do not, there are plenty of alternatives.
Such is the backdrop of this charming & refreshing Romantic Comedy. It displays the frustration of a young girl (Mandy Moore) who is fed up with being followed everywhere she goes. Her rebellious stage is juxtaposed with her dad's overbearing but loving concern for her safety.
One of the nice things about this film is the subtle way in which it shows how both father & daughter are right....and how both father & daughter are wrong in their assumptions about the world. The movie never takes a "preachy" tone, and to do so would have ruined the charm of the story.
Mandy Moore is, in a word, adorable. She has a warm and radiant camera presence and her charisma is what really puts this DVD over the top. Had any other actress played her role I doubt if this would have scored more than 3 or maybe 4 stars. Moore's persona by itself is worth the price of this DVD.
So, if you're looking for a different kind of Romantic Comedy, this one might be worth a shot. Instead of a regular girl turning into a princess we're shown the life of a virtual princess - who wants nothing more than to be a normal girl. Very entertaining & feel good stuff!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This movie is one of my favorite when I was a teen. Loved it so much I had to buy it now!Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Mine arrived and was broken and not able to play on my x box DVD player. I like the movie but just this deal with the seller is not OK. ***warning***. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Dave Meldrim
This is easily one of my favorite movies. I've been watching this movie since I was nine years old and every time we go somewhere or on a road trip I always bring it with me.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Romance
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Drama