Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$2.99

on February 28, 2012
What to say? I just finished this excellent book and have to note that it does not read at all like a first novel. The characterisation was outstanding and far far better than that found in Current SF majors. I have always finished Asher books, for example, with exasperation at the total lack of characterisation. This book shows you how it should be done. Not perhaps as developed on the scope of the world building but excellent in that it dealt with the world it developed from such a personal point of view. Particularly good fight/battle scenes because they are described from the unusua,l and much more real, first person perspective where confusion and lack of information reign. Also excellent was the treatment of how the 4 th estate ( called 5th in the book?!) - clearly some in-depth knowledge there. top marks to the author. I am waiting for your next book and recommending this one to my friends.
on July 17, 2013
Except the author's gamble to share it with us. Many don't know or understand the feelings that go through a writer's mind as he sends his manuscript for publication. Afraid it isn't good, afraid it isn't really finished. Ecstatic that it is finished. Tad need not have worried. Chasing Vegas is finished, it is good and any mystery, sci-fi or human interest fan will love it.

Chasing Vegas begins in a strange way. Not unheard of, but unusual in form. Each of the main characters tells the story from their point of view.  Occasionally you have to back up a bit to see who is speaking. Its OK. It keeps the story of an excon trying to get back into society after having served for five years for what he feels were false charges. The rest of the story brings things to a final culmination that you might never expect.
His science is good, his fiction is better.

The mystery is that Tad hasn't given us more, sooner than this. He says it took time over several years and jobs. I understand. I look forward to seeing more of his work.
on February 17, 2012
So,
this thing is pretty tight. Well developed characters, this could be a series. Being a military man, I found this intriguing and entertaining. If the author has the next one in the chute I hope it comes out soon. Getting these young authors a forum through whispernet is awesome. Vegas is real in this. Thanks author - well done. Fun!
on September 9, 2013
This book has it all. Nail biting suspense, fully drawn characters. The story is told through the eyes of two likable protagonists, one on either side of the law. This is science fiction but in the tradition of the best of its genre the futuristic aspects of the story are just icing on the cake. Whether you are a fan of mystery, action or scifi you will be highly entertained by this novel.
on March 4, 2012
I really enjoyed this book and found it hard to put down. Vezner has created a realistic and interesting future world, and his characters are believable and sympathetic. The basic story is not that original but the characters are fun and there is enough mystery to keep you hooked. It left me wanting to read more about Mr. Sink and his cases. I recommend it!
on March 7, 2013
A worthwhile read for those who enjoy detective/action/adventure/sci-fi.

Really enjoyed the plot construction, characters were pretty well developed. Just enough surprise along the way to keep my attention.

The constructive criticism part:
The author used too many onomatopoetic spelling variants trying to "sound" authentic to whatever dialects he wanted his characters to have. Just distracting for me.

Really could have used more world building. The author used a lot of real place names, but didn't do enough to create the distinction between the real world and his, particularly in the first part of the book.
on May 10, 2015
I'd really rate this more at 4 1/2 Stars, very close to 5. Loved the story, the science fiction element, the military/police element, the mystery, the ex-con/underworld element, the supernatural like element, etc. Great job with all three main characters and how they told their part of the story. I got totally involved with all three, and that's unusual for me. The only reason it didn't get 5 Stars is that I hit a couple of slow places during reading, and I got confused with a couple of the actions - what exactly was happening?

Those two issues aside, I heartily recommend this story. Very good effort by a first-time author; I'll be looking for more from this guy.
on February 22, 2012
For the author's first attempt this is really good. After a slow start it really picked up steam and kept you on edge until the end. The ending was a little quick as I would have liked more information but I guess that is for another book.
on January 12, 2014
I read for fun and escape. This book was both. I won't lie an tell you that I fully understood everything, but it was easy enough to keep up (either I missed the explanation of "kinetics" or it wasn't there). I found missing words, or perhaps that was a futuristic slang. Overall, it was a good story.
on January 14, 2014
I was so confused while reading this book. Then once I got to 80% It picked up and I got excited. However then it ended and I was more confused then ever. Was not what I expected. Was very disappointed