Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

83%
17%

I had this over the holiday. I was looking for something at Trader Joe's and the kid there thrust this in my hand and said try this - It's actually on hold for someone but he hasn't shown up and it's the last bottle...okay. Lucky me! This was the tastiest stuff ever. I warmed it up and added the spice it comes with (two little bags for two servings) and it was the best wine I've ever had. I am not an expert when it comes to honey mead, as this was my first, but boy, was it good. There was a little left over in the pan and it heated for a little longer than it should have and it turned into a rich, thick, warm honey syrup.

I've been trying to find this since at local stores, but apparently, it's a holiday type drink, if I had access, I'd drink it on any cold winter's night. I am considering putting an on line order for it, but haven't yet. I am sure it would be worth it as this is some very tasty, wonderful, warm and smooth mead.

Also, just to mention, you can drink it over ice, but I didn't try it that way. I warmed mine up with the spice and drank it in a mug.
on November 21, 2012
I had tried mead at a local Ren faire and wanted to purchase some. I found Chaucer's Celler online but was afraid to buy it. Luck would have it that a local wine shop/ state store has this very brand so I bit the bullet and bought it. WOW am I glad I did, if you had ren faire mead this blows it out of the water. Hints of citrus, floral and of course honey. I can't do it justice, it just tastes like June feels. Warmed and spiced it is just the thing to warm and cheer you on a cold day.
on October 8, 2012
We tries this for the first time on the request of my friend. It was wonderfully smooth with a sweet taste that wasn't cloying. It was delicious both cold and warmed with spice. I highly recommend this mead.
on October 26, 2015
My husband does not like 'wine' very much, but will have a glass now and then to humor me. He likes it sweeter, so whenever we share a bottle, it's usually a moscato, reisling or a dessert wine. This time, he requested mead. I had tried Chaucer's once before, a long time ago, and forgotten how 'yummy' it was. I didn't pause long enough to examine the 'flavor profile' but in retrospect, I would describe it as sweet - like dessert wine, but smooth and 'juicy', the flavor is bright but 'delicate' at the same time, not nearly as heavy on your tongue as a true dessert wine is. It's surprisingly easy to 'quaff' so I can see why it's popular at Renaissance Faires :-) I prefer it room temperature without the spices, but my husband loved it warm with the spices, and I am happy to drink it that way as well - either way it tastes good going down!
on July 4, 2012
I don't drink very often, but on holidays I break out the Chaucer mead. Whether you drink it warm (with spices) or chilled it still tastes great! Would highly recommend. Note: if you're sharing with friends, you might want to get a second bottle. ;)
on May 11, 2013
Chaucer's Mead is bland and lacks any subtlety flavor. Tastes as though it was made with micro filtered super heated "Sue Bee" supermarket honey.