Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Design: 6 PCS|Change

on January 7, 2012
Ok, they came they were small, my fault should have read the reviews first. I read and came to one conclusion, send them back before they broke.

Someone posted to get clamps at home depot, but no more information. Well
SKU# 573682 Internet # 100027346 Model # 80002 will cost you $0.99 each. search the home depot web site for 573682, take the printout to your local store and hopefully they will be in stock like they were for me. They are metal and look like they will outlast me. I have some from B & H that cost me $2.99 and I was going to order more, but I saw the post and went to the home depot web site and stopped by the store when I was going by.
44 comments|84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2010
These clamps are sturdy and handle heavy volume with no problems. Ignore any other comments claiming that these are cheap or poorly made. I am a portrait photographer and am constantly taking backdrops down and putting them up before and during a shoot. These clamps have never slipped or broken even though I usually attach and reattach them quickly during shoots. They ARE plastic, but it is a strong and rugged type of plastic that won't break if used correctly. In addition, the orange "teeth" do an excellent job of assuring grip.
The price is right as well. Buy them already and worry about more important things.
22 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2010
I'm ordering my second batch because they are so handy! I'm a photographer and I don't really use them to hold up muslin, but I have a lot of paper backdrops and I use them to keep the rolls tight for storage, they don't ruin the paper. Also, I use the clamps to hold these backdrops to foam boards and my backdrop stand. Normal metal clams indent the foam board and ruin these drops. I use them all the time to clamp anything, shears to a curtain rod...again, they are very, very handy to have around!
on May 1, 2011
I ordered this about a month ago, the description says it comes with 6 clamps. I got ONE clamp in the mail. ONE! Also within hours of gettin the clamp, I dropped it & the cheap plastic clip broke. Terrible. the very same day I emailed the seller & explained that I only received 1/6 clamps. They never sent the rest of the clamps, in fact they never even RESPONDED to the email. I'll never purchase from these guys again, ridiculous. If I could rate 0 stars, I would.
on January 11, 2016
Do not under ANY circumstance; flush one of these down the toilet. It will defiantly clog and nothing I do will get this out. If its job was to clog toilets, I would give it 5 stars for sure.

I also used it to hold a reflector once, it did ok.
on May 11, 2010
I am returning this item for two reasons.

First, the spring in each clamp is too weak to hold the muslin, which immediately slips out of the clamp when you take your hand away.

Second, I am using a background frame that has three telescoping tubes. These clamps fit around the topmost (skinniest) tube, but they do not fit around the others.

Do yourself a favor. Spend a little more and buy a set of heavy-duty professional clamps, also available through Amazon.
on September 30, 2009
They work well and are priced accordingly. Compact. Strong grip. Recommended for grasping pipe sizes from 3/4 inch to 1 1/4 inches in diameter. Tips of clamp adapt to create nice a grip on flat object. Cheap enough that if you lose them you just buy another pack. I ordered 6 packs just because I'm always losing these things.
on September 1, 2010
These clamps are too fragile to use on a regular basis. I purchased them to go with a backdrop kit and one broke, but it still works and I have hardly used the backdrop. I will continue to use them, but have already ordered metal replacements. Pay the extra money and go with the more durable choice.
In purchased this set to hang a banner from a Background Stand Backdrop Support System Kit 8ft by 10ft wide By Fancier Studio TB30. These work, but the tips are separated a full inch with I am clamping the banner to the cross member bar on the backdrop support system. I worked around that by rolling about two inches of the top part of the banner, and these clamps hold it perfectly in place.

The actual clamps are about 3.75 inches end-to-end, and will open a full 2.5 inches. If you want the actual tips to be the clamping surface you will need a cross member 3/8 of an inch of less. For anything larger, you can do as I and roll a portion of the top of a banner or backdrop over the cross member bar and these will work well.

For my purposes these are relatively sturdy, and the tips are actually self-adjusting, which is a nice feature. Moreover, the tips are made of a softer material than the clamp, so they are less likely to mar a surface while the textured faces provide a positive grip.
on July 15, 2013
Poor quality disposable Product that does not last. While some may excuse its low quality for the price point I will not. The product was described as a quality product online that worked... Not as described by seller. I was able to find a much better quality (similar) product at my local hardware store that have lasted for .57 cents more now that's quality. I will not recommend this product or the seller to anyone. After righting my review I was contacted via email by the seller belittling me & "asking me what I expected for this cheep price point" I could go on to describe his hostile treatment of me because I gave this product a less than favorable review, but I think you can see how I was poorly and inexcusably treated. Is feedback not intended to alert buyers of products that do or do not work? Is feedback not intended to alert buyers of products that are "not as described" or "better than described" on line? Is feedback good or bad from buyers not intended to honestly let other buyers know how they were treated buy the seller? I would not recommend this product or the seller to anyone.

See 1 answered question