Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on November 26, 1999
This book provides concrete tools into getting out of and staying out of debt. Two years after purchasing this book and implementing the steps, I am not only out of debt completely but my financial base is more secure than I ever thought it would be. Now if Mary would only write a book on weight control...
on April 7, 2003
Has worrying about money or paying your bills ever kept you up at night?
Me, too. Until I found this book.
About 7 years ago, our family was suffering from unbelievable money problems. Depressed and confused, I decided to stop by the bookstore and browse the personal finance section. There was only one problem. I didn't have twenty or thirty dollars to buy money management advice. I decided to get Mary's book and could not believe how many great examples and strategies she gave for reducing debt.
By following Mary's instructions, our family quickly began reducing our debt and wiped out almost $ 20,000 of credit card bills within a few years.
Her book is my money "Bible" and like scriptures in a holy work, I have highlighted paragraphs on almost every page that give insights into a subject that had always been beyond my control.
This book saved my marriage and brought me peace.
I highly recommend it. . . to everyone.
on January 31, 1999
Mary Hunt teaches us, with the wisdom of her personal experience, how to turn our financial nightmare into financial ease.Her writing style is concise, educational and entertaining. She teaches how to save, give, plan and rapidly repay debt. And even after we're done with the book and on the path to fiancial ease, she helps us stay there through her monthly newsletter (on-line or in print).This book brought me peace of mind, which positively affected every single area of my life! Thanks, Mary!
on January 19, 2005
This is a good, solid, book covering the "basics" of money management. It can be said that Mary Hunt is just reiterating philosophies of money management that have been preached over the decades, if not centuries. Better, more comprehensive, readings include "The Millionaire Next Door", "Your Money Or Your Life", "The Complete Tightwad Gazette", and "The Richest Man In Babylon."

That being said, this book did introduce me to one innovative idea of which I have incorporated into my financial arsenol. It's what called the "Freedom Account". The Freedom Account is a fantastic tool devised by Hunt to manage payment of irregular,

non-monthly bills. The concept is not new, but Hunt's system is definitely the best I've ever come across.

My philosophy on reading books has always been that if I can get just one great new idea, then the investment in time and money is worth it. I can assure you that if you decide to buy this book, the "Freedom Account" system alone is well worth the investment.
on May 18, 1998
Having experienced a consumer-debt nightmare of my own, the author's story of overcoming $100,000 in personal debt was inspiring! I wish I'd found this resource before our family wound up deeply in debt. The burden of financial problems can cause havoc with even the best of marriages--financial problems can adversely effect nearly every area of your life. If you're struggling to stay ahead of the collection agencies and their not-so-nice phone calls; if you're becoming an expert at juggling past-due bills; and if your family relationships are starting to suffer from the stress and strain of your financial situation..... PLEASE READ THIS BOOK! It not only can save your financial future, but it can also restore your peace-of-mind and possibly heal your marriage, as well...
on July 24, 2002
I subscribe to Mary's CheapskateMonthly.... and highly recommend both her website and most of her books. I have read and reread the books of hers that I own, of which this is one. If you're having finacial difficulties, get this book and subscribe to her newsletter - you can do this online or through the mail. I swear it's been the best money I've ever spent. And I have actually started to see a difference in my finances.
on February 21, 2001
Mary Hunt's book is great. I read it quickly. I understood all the concepts and have been able to actually apply them. The thing I loved most is that is she was once like the rest of us - working, creating debt and figuring out how to manage it. She made her mistakes and learned from them and I admire that too. SHe lays her experiences on the line for us to learn from and hopefully not to repeat them. I am still using the concepts today.
on December 26, 2001
I had purchased a book (The Financially Confident Woman) by Mary Hunt, and HATED it!! If I had realized this book was by the same author, I would never have bought it - luckily, I didn't. It is a comprehensive, well-written, and most of all - non-"preachy" book which has been a huge help to me in controlling my debt. I recommend it highly. Read it once, read it twice, things will begin to click and you will realize it CAN be done. Thanks, Mary Hunt.
on July 29, 1999
This book was a quick read with lots of helpful & easy to implement suggestions. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to better control their finances.
on August 2, 2001
Struggling with debts? Can't figure out why or how on earth to get out from under the mountain? I thoroughly recommend Mary Hunt's publication. Based on experience, it has a tone of authenticity that is most appealing and her suggestions & practical advice are equalled only by the remarkable Jerrold Mundis. I look for Mary's publications as I enjoy her easy style and the sheer commonsense of her advice. I've never been in her situation and thanks to her ideas, I don't ever expect to be. When I am tempted I just think to myself "What would Mary do?" Works a treat every time, although it does mean I have to occasionally restrain my passion for books!