Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 24, 2012 9:56:22 PM PST
For PS3 newcomers or those who just don't pay enough attention. If you own a PS3 you owe it to yourself to at least look at MLB The Show rather than 2K's baseball game. The Show tends to be a little more difficult but that is because they are sticklers for realism. Every aspect of the game surpasses 2K...graphics, career mode, franchise mode. I won't say you HAVE to choose The Show, but at least check it out and make your own decision. I just don't want anyone new to the PS3 to think 2K is the only option for baseball that there is....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 8:31:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 24, 2012 8:32:50 AM PST
@Brian R. Gieseke,

Please don't be THAT guy that believes MLBtheShow comes without flaws. Commentary is one area where MLB2k baseball completely demolishes MLBtheShow. The overall atmosphere, sounds of the game, TV broadcast experience is more immersing with 2k baseball.

Pitchers' demeanor, signature animation, gestures, subtle movements, and body language on the mound replicates their real life counterparts better in 2k baseball. MLBtheShow pitchers are much more robotic, almost soulless to be honest. Pitchers' delivery (e.g. arm velocity as the pitch is thrown, leg kick velocity, body language, etc.) is better replicated in 2k baseball.

Turning a double play in 2k baseball is a thing of beauty as well.

I have a PS3 and bought both MLBtheShow11 and MLB2k11 baseball. TheShow still pales in comparison to the 2k baseball in the above listed points. Do not discount the above listed points as they are absolutely IMPORTANT to recreating immersing broadcast baseball. As of this moment, I am heavily in favor of getting MLB2k12 and completely bypassing MLBtheShow12.

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 9:41:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 29, 2012 9:31:57 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
2K is getting closer and closer this game deserves a chance, demo out today.

I am a die hard basketball lover so I prefer NBA 2K over NBA Live, 2K is a simiulation game vs. Live which is arcade, but I just don't know baseball like I know basketball, so I want to have fun and not have such a huge learning curve like you'll likely have with MLB the show. Everytime I play the Show it's so difficult to hit and score. I don't feel like having to master a baseball game to enjoy it, because I don't want to put the man hours in that I do with NBA 2K.That's my reasoning for considering 2K over the show.

If you are a die hard sim baseball player get the MLB Show, and expect a huge learning curve and plenty of frustration (extrmemly difficult to hit), otherwise consider 2K.

Again Show is a great game it's just extrememly frustrating, unless you are willing to put the time in.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 9:36:13 AM PST
Dave says:
Tried the 2k12 demo on ps3, good lord it's awful. I know the Show has it's yearly flaws but I was stunned at how little progress 2k has made since 2006.

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 9:12:22 AM PST
Bob A. Booey says:
2K baseball looks and plays like a PS2 game compared to The Show. Not even close. Just an honest assessment.

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 10:47:28 AM PST
Sars says:
have all of you bought this game and played it to be making these assumptions.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jan 24, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about