Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on Tikes

on December 28, 2010
I'm a Mac user, and have been printing my own checks for years using a template I designed in Adobe InDesign on my OLD desktop because there was no good check printing software for Macs. I haven't purchased the Adobe software for my new MacBook Pro (OS 10.6.5) and needed to print some checks quickly, so decided to search again for software. I found CheckBuilderPro by Knappster and decided it was worth the extremely reasonable cost to give it a whirl. The software installed seamlessly and quickly, and it was a cinch to use. Adding a background was very easy, as well as changing the layout. The template has very professional looking options. I used the online support format to ask a question about printer paper, and got a very prompt and helpful response. In no time at all I had my checks printed, and they look better than what I'd been printing for years. I'll be printing my family's checks now, in addition to my own. Thanks, Knappster!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2011
Load n go. Check printing is made so easy. Very flexible design, add logos, add signatures, add background images, you have total control of how you information is positioned on the checks. Love the check design interface.

very limited database management, impossible to import payee address into the database. You can import Categories but there is no drop down menu for sub categories. Difficult to match to your tax records or any accounting programs. Check writing screen is cluttered with the design functions which are no longer needed once you have your check design setup.

Stunning print results. Easy setup. Perfect if you only want to write and print checks. Great for bulk check printing with signatures
on March 17, 2012
I highly recommend this as an easy program to use. It comes with very clear, helpful, instructions that are not too long or complicated. If there is any problem, the developer is responsive and helpful.

I downloaded this program about 5 days ago and ordered the recommended VersaCheck refills. When the refills arrived, I was able to fill out my information and my bank's information into the program's template immediately without any problems. I even imported a custom graphic to use next to my address information. I used the default fonts, but could have used any of my fonts to give the check a custom look. Once the information is entered, the program will save it so the next time you can just print a check. There are several options for printing checks. (1) You can print a check from scratch and it will come out ready to be filled out, looking just like a check that is normally found in a checkbook; (2) You can print out the check completely filled out with the payee name and amount of the payment as well as an optional address for a window envelope and whatever voucher information you want; or you can start with pre-printed checks from your bank and have the program fill out the payee information and amount. Checks can be printed in either business size or personal size. They are designed to be printed on standard check refills that are easily available to purchase.

In my case, initially I had a problem on my desktop computer with an error message that the MICR font was not available. I was extremely frustrated, but the developer responded right away, and sent me a fix that worked perfectly. It will be part of the next update. Thank you, Marty! Between this program and Amazon's good prices on the checks I will be saving a lot of money on checks in from now on.
on November 20, 2011
It's an excellent product. Very straight forward and simple to use. You can use it to print checks for as many different accounts as you need. It sure beats the price for checks the bank charges.

As for using magnetic ink ? We print our checks on an inkjet printer with normal stock ink and the checks seem to work fine.
on October 8, 2011
This software is very user friendly and has all the features needed to make your own checks without needless bells and whistles. I have been using another product from G7 in a windows platform and it is always nagging me to purchase supplies from them! Not this software, very straightforward and functional.
on October 25, 2011
Until I found this product, I had been maintaining an old Windows-based laptop for the sole purpose of writing checks. When I found out about Checkbuilder Pro, I had visions of being able to create and print checks without booting up the old PC. It arrived in 3 days, was a breeze to setup, creates the best looking checks I have seen, and has affordable check stock you can order in a variety of styles and formats.
on March 21, 2014
I had been looking for a program that does what CheckBuilderPo does for quite some time and it had to be compatible for use with our Mac. At first, I was skeptical of the product because of its cost - I was expecting a much higher price. Man, was I wrong! CheckBuilderPro does exactly what they say it will and it does it with incredible ease.

I installed the software, registered it and designed a very professional looking check, with our business logo, in less than 30 minutes! At that point, I was hooked... I had a question regarding the 'check register' feature. I emailed the manufacturer and received an almost immediate response. Again, I was very impressed.

In addition, we saved much more than the cost of the software by not having to purchase any more ridiculously expensive checks from our bank. And, that savings will grow over time. What a great deal!!

We operate a small retail business and CheckBuilderPro enhances our business operations. Thus far, the program and support far exceeds our expectations!
on June 13, 2014
When I first tried the CheckBuilderPro, I had what turned out to be a challenging problem involving my printer. I reported my problem to Knappster Solutions, and I was surprised by how quickly they responded. My communication with the Knappster Solutions customer service involved a series e-mail exchanges, all very helpful, and we narrowed down my problem with my printer. CheckBuilderPro was in no way at fault for the problem -- my printer just hadn't been updated in a long time. Every time I emailed the Knappster Solutions customer service, they responded very quickly and very helpfully. They even offered to call the tech support of the makers of my printer! With such excellent customer service, I highly recommend CheckBuilderPro
on May 12, 2014
This program is very easy to use. I have an older Mac Operating System (10.6.8), & a Brother Laser Printer, & Check Builder Pro works fine with this combination.

I took the recommendation given by the developer, & bought checks from Advantage Laser products (style #CP616; these are standard business-sized checks that print three to a page). For 1,000 checks, these checks cost me $64 total (6.4¢ per check), vs. $121 for only 500 checks from Intuit (24.2¢ per check), which is what I’ve done for years. This saves me 74% over the previous way. On my first order alone, I got twice as many checks as I used to get from Intuit per order (who makes the Quicken checking account program), & I've saved $57 so far, which is more than the Check Builder Pro program cost me, so it's already paid for itself.

For those of you who may need an explanation of how this works, the idea is to buy blank check stock paper (from any source you wish). The check stock is a colored piece of paper, with nothing printed on it. In effect, it is the background that you see on checks that you fill out, cash, deposit, etc. You use the Check Builder Pro program to fill in the details of what goes onto your own personal checks, like your name, address, bank name, bank number, routing number, etc. Most or all of this info can be copied by you, by looking at the checks you currently use. In Check Builder Pro, you fill this info into a on-screen form. You can print samples on blank white paper to see if you info is correct, & of course, it's very important that you make sure it IS correct before you start printing the checks for use.

After you’ve entered all your personal info into Check Builder Pro, you put the blank check stock paper into your printer, & you print the number of checks that you want. You tell Check Builder Pro what the number of the first check is to be. After you are finished printing, what will come out of the printer is simply what is called a "blank check". It will have things printed on it like "Date, Pay to the Order of, Memo, etc.", but these areas will not be filled in with specific amounts or names. Then, you either fill in the details by writing it in the appropriate spots on the checks, or by using your newly printed blank checks in your printer, with your Checking Account program. It's that simple.

Check Builder Pro prints beautifully onto the check-stock paper. Depending on your Checking Account program (I use Money Dance after giving up on Intuit's Quicken after many years of use), you may have to further adjust the spacing of your checks on the paper.

I have only one complaint about Check Builder Pro, & that is that with my eyesight (I'm 64), I wish I could make the print appear larger on the screen. It is really too small for me to comfortably read, & there is no way to make this adjustment within the program.
on July 10, 2012
I have been looking for a program similar to "VersaCheck" that would run on a Mac -- CheckBuilderPro does exactly what I need at half the cost of the Windows-based equivalent.

I run QuickBooks Pro for my home-based business accounting software, and I occasionally need to write checks for sub-contractors, vendors, etc. Quicken, and others, offer pre-printed checks, but they tend to be expensive. CheckBuilderPro lets me print all of our company and bank info onto blank check stock, in exactly the quantities I need. I can then write - and print - checks using the QuickBooks software. This is much more convenient for me and my business, and the checks look great.

If you own a Mac, and need to print checks onto blank check paper, I highly recommend CheckBuilderPro. Its a great piece of software at a great price!

CheckBuilderPro - Check Printing Software for Macintosh