Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on January 4, 2010
We just mounted a 26" LCD and this mount worked perfectly. Well constructed and super easy to install. Before purchasing I called the company to verify the TV would work with this mount, I was only on hold for a few seconds before speaking with a rep who was more than helpful. I highly recommend, especially at this sale price.
0Comment|119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2012
After reading some of the bad reviews, I almost decided against buying this mount. But, for $25, I took a chance and I'm glad I did. I have none of the problems mentioned in the negative reviews. There is almost no sag - even at full extension. Out of the box, the joints seemed stiff, but, once the TV was mounted, they were perfect. Installation was straightforward, but the instructions don't mention a very helpful feature. In addition to the two main holes for mounting the unit to the wall, there is a third keyhole-shaped hole in the middle. Drilling a hole to align with the top of the keyhole and installing a lag screw (there are 3 with the unit)and tightening it almost all the way in allows the unit to hang on the wall while you align the mount and tighten the other 2 screws. You can tighten this screw all the way after tightening the other two, but it really isn't necessary. I highly recommend this product.
review image
on December 6, 2011
The negative reviews on this concerned me, but the extension length was needed for a corner installation.
After installing, I wonder that the bad reviews were misplaced - or written by incompetents. It is exactly what was needed, is stable, strong and competent.

Any problems with installation, positioning and motion would probably be attributed to misuse of the television, not any defect of this mount. (How many times will you be mounting the TV? Did you expect it to follow you as you walk about the house?) The poor reviews did nothing but contribute to pre-installation angst. Thanks for nothing. This is the perfect mount.

P.S. - Invaluable tip: Use the bolts that secure the stand/base on the TV to attach the mount. They will be the right size/strength (and you won't be using the stand on the wall, right?)
33 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2013
My mount was easy to install and similar to the pictures, but the joints that allow it to swivel and tilt should not be rated for a tv over 40". I was mounting a 3-4 yrs old toshiba 42", and I am worried the joints will fail allowing the tv to fall. The mount at the wall level is fine as the 2 lag bolts are securely mounted in a stud- but the swing out arm and ball socket should not be used for a tv this size. It is sagging when extended and you can see the stress on bolt that holds the single arm (essentially the 'elbow' of the mount.
on February 22, 2014
I purchased this to mount a 40-inch TV. Everything worked perfectly except the ball joint. This ball joint which is supposed to allow the TV spin or to tilt up or down. For some reason one of the three adjustment screws for the ball joint was defective on my mount. Consequently,the TV tilted down at a very steep angle and could not be adjusted. I returned it and was given a refund. I can't recommend this mount.
on February 7, 2013
This could be a decent mount except that it has one flaw that makes it essentially unusable. The ball mount that allows the tv to be tilted up/down right/left is too weak to support even a relatively light weight tv. As a result the tv stays tilted down and won't stay up when you try to adjust it. It's really a ridiculous design flaw for an essential part of the mount.
on April 22, 2012
We had our doubts when we bought this Cheetah mount. We had just purchased an HDTV for my 94 year-old Mother-in-Law and it had to be mounted closer to her eyeballs than furniture placement would permit. We decided to give it a try because the product could be returned if defective.

It turned out to be an extremely sturdy product that is well-made, well-designed, and really excellent. It comes with all the necessary mounting hardware including a whole lot of different bolts to attach various brands of television to it. It also comes with most of the tools you need to mount it, including a nice bubble level and a flat wrench. In addition to all that, it also comes with an excellent HDMI cable (one that appears to be like ones that cost as much in stores as this entire item cost).

It mounts with three large bolts, which can either be sunk into a stud or mounted with anchors onto masonry. Once mounted properly it seems extremely secure, and (kids, don't try this at home) capable of supporting twice the weight of any modern flat-screen TVs of the advertised 25"-37" size.

Its advantages include a full 180 degrees of swivel and more than two feet of extension from the wall (although you can position the mounted TV within an inch or so of appearing to be flush-mounted if you wish). It attaches relatively easily to the wall and the mounting holes on the TV backplate were well-aligned for the two different brands of TV we tested (Sony and Westinghouse). It is really extraordinarly sturdy with the heft of solid cast iron.

Its disadvantages are minor. Because of its location right below the articulating arm, the center bolt hole in the wall attachment plate does not permit the use of a washer near the bolt head as the instructions seem to direct, but it mounts fine without the washer. The TV backplate is pre-attached to the articulating arm and cannot really be detached, so a second person has to actually hold the TV up against the mount after the mount has already been attached to the wall to screw in the four screws -- this is harder than you might think because the alignment in three dimensions is so critical. Lots of cussing there, but you get it done eventually. The tilt adjustment for the TV is difficult, a bolt requiring a flat wrench, and it must be tightened VERY tightly to hold the TV in place. The clearance above that bolt is too small to permit the use of a ratchet wrench, complicating the matter.

But these are generally ordeals that you go through only the once, and the product performs very well in actual use, with an ease of repositioning the TV that is really nice, particularly for rooms that are unusually shaped and where different positions are required for whenever you entertain guests and whatnot.

We liked it, particularly for the price which is less than half of what we'd expected, so much that we bought another.
on January 11, 2013
Mount is nice and cheap. However the TV is attached to the mount by a ball joint. The ball joint has 3 allen screws that may be tightened to hold the TV in place. Well the 3 screws are not enough. Our TV weighs 14lbs and it will not stay in place. It angles down and tilts to the side with no way to correct it.
on July 24, 2015
Very sturdy. Great value for the price. Extremely pleased, easy to install, and not chintzy. Also goes well with the Cheetah one-level shelf. Took me about an hour to install both the mount and the shelf. They give you every screw you would ever need for just about any TV brand. I'm going to buy another mount and single shelf for the other bedroom.
review image
on January 24, 2015
Super easy installation with only two mounting holes from the mount to the wall and good extension and movement range are the major pro's of this mount. There are two small gripes though. 1. The tension on the ball and socket joint was not set right out of the box. It seemed okay before the tv was mounted, but once the TV was on, it was way too easy to ROTATE the TV. Also, the bracket sucks up very close to the TV making it pinch some of my cables and also blocking several of my TV's inputs. I made a fix for it though...

Now for the TIP. Since my mounting bracket was so close to the input ports on the back and was pinching my power cable, I decided to remove it and put in some wood spacers between the bracket and the TV mounting holes. I used 1" thick piece that was about 1.5" square and drilled holes through the middle. I had to go to the hardware store and get some longer metric machine bolts (I think they were #6 size and were 1.5" long. Yours may be different so take your stock mounting bolt to the hardware store to get the perfect match), but when it came together, I had enough space for my power cord and to get access to my inputs on the back panel of the TV once I bought some 90* HDMI connectors.

UPDATE
Seller contacted me and offered to send a newly designed replacement. I accepted and the new model does address the issue. Seller went above and beyond to rectify my subpar original experience.
review image review image review image