3,007 Reviews

Published on January 18, 2010 by Jason A. Cates

2.0 out of 5 stars Not too well thought out
Published on February 18, 2011 by Colo3

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, Less Expensive Mount, January 18, 2010
This review is from: Cheetah Mounts ALAMLB Articulating Arm (20" Extension) TV Wall Mount Bracket for 23-55 inch LCD, LED and Plasma Flat Screen TVs up to VESA 400x400 and 66lbs, with full Ballhead Tilt, Swivel, and Rotation Motion, Including a Twisted Veins 10' Braided High Speed with Ethernet HDMI Cable and a 6" 3-Axis Magnetic Bubble Level (Electronics)
We have installed (2) of these mounts. (1) on a 26" LCD and (1) on a 32" LCD. Both installations were easy, with the product meeting expectations. The second mount we installed was missing a couple of minor parts so I sent a quick e-mail to Cheetah mounts. An hour later, I had the 2nd day air tracking number for the remaining parts. While it was frustrating to be missing the parts, I was amazed by the quick response.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, but check your TV connection type before purchase!, December 3, 2010
I bought this to mount a 26" TV. It is a flawless mount, with strong mechanical parts, a complete set of mounting hardware that even includes the needed parts to mount to masonry, clear, detailed, and well laid out instructions, and a set of features that you would expect would be more expensive. However, one detail to be aware of: if you use this mount on a TV with a 100 x 100 VESA mount like mine, the protruding edges of the mount may cover some of your inputs--this is the case with my TV. The mount covers one of my HDMI inputs. I don't count this as a flaw in the mount--I should have checked this out before I purchased it. If you're working with a smaller TV, it's probably worth getting a wall mount with a 100 X 100 VESA mount rather than this one which supports many different size VESA mounts.

Installation was easy once I found a wall stud to secure it to with the provided lag bolts. I have no worries of this mount falling--when properly installed this arm probably would be rated for 75lbs or more. I know a thing or two about wall mounting display boards using various mounting methods (I used to be a furniture installer) and can tell you with certainty that two 5/8ths lag bolts into a stud will easily support your TV and then some. I would NOT recommend installing this to anything but a stud or to a masonry wall.

The instructions are simply fantastic. I'm used to either getting Engrish instructions that are indecipherable, or instructions in size 6 font that require a microscope to read. These are clear, large, and well laid out.

The hardware package provided is likewise excellent and includes all screws needed to mount a large variety of TVS, and a complete set of wall mounting hardware with extras of everything, all sealed in a nice plastic bag. If you've ever bought anything from IKEA, you know how frustrating it is to be missing parts. These Cheetah people know what they're doing. I wish every hardware package was this good.

Once installed, the mount functions and looks fantastic. The 15" tilt adjustment will be impossible to use unless you have a wrench on hand, so keep that in mind.

This is a great product, and very reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value!, August 2, 2011
KB (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
I'm one of those nerds that do two weeks worth of research before buying a ballpoint pen and buying a TV mount was no exception. I scoured through dozens and dozens of wall mounts and finally settled on this Cheetah mount. I read all of the negative and positive reviews and decided that for the price it was worth a try (I paid $30.33). I was pleasantly surprised at how sturdy the mount was. This wall mount was so solid that I believe it could have easily supported a much larger and heavier TV set. Yes, it was a bit tough to move at first as some reviewers noted but I would much rather it be too tough to move than too loose. In any case, it did quickly loosen up to where it was easy enough for my wife to move, yet it still stayed 'firm' enough to hold the desired position. I did not find the construction flimsy at all as some noted, quite the contrary it was durable and heavy.

Installation was really easy and while I am pretty handy the directions were simple enough for anyone to follow; in fact I found it so easy that I installed the mount and TV by myself (of course the TV only weighed about 25 lbs). Once a stud was located the mount was rock solid. It was nice to be able to move our older 32 inch Olevia in any direction (up, down, side to side, in, out). I really wanted an articulating arm and this did the trick. The bolt pattern on the back matched up to the obscure pattern on our TV just fine. The HDMI cable and the level made it an even better value. One reviewer noted this his TV dipped to one side. My TV dipped also, but it was easily fixed when I slightly tightened the silver nut on the back of the up/down swivel. It has held a perfect level ever since.

I ordered the Hol-E-Cap wall cover kit to give a really clean look to hide the wires behind our drywall (this also was a great value and easy to install). I waited for six months before writing this review and I have moved the TV all over in various directions and it has held great every time. Not a single issue since installation. If you are looking for a great TV wall mount and do not want to pay hundreds of dollars than this wall mount is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch! Ignore the negative reviews., December 11, 2010
Bob (Bellingham, WA) - See all my reviews
I can't imagine why anyone would rate this poorly. Those that do, are doing everyone else a disservice. I almost passed this one up because the poor reviews and low price made me apprehensive. This mount is well built, well packaged, attractive, easy to install, and how can you beat the price? I can only imagine that those who rated it poorly don't know what they're doing with tools and/or can't or won't follow instructions. For those that complained of insecure and sagging mounts, they probably know nothing about wall construction and didn't bother reading the instructions. YOU MUST INSTALL TO A WALL STUD OR MASONRY!!! For the other mounting complaints, I can only repeat, these people either failed to read the instructions or with no offense intended, are not mechanically inclined. You only have yourself to blame, not the manufacturer. If I ever need another, I will definitely buy this one again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not too well thought out, February 18, 2011
The construction quality of this TV mount is pretty good, and it mounts to the wall easily, but if you want to move the TV around, I don't recommend it. Here's why: The two main joints pivot on threaded bolts. As received, the joints are too tight to allow to you to swing the TV around (i.e.: out from the wall to watch; back to the wall to keep it out of the way.) So, you must loosen the bolts (with allen wrenches that are provided)before you can swing the TV. But loosening the bolts enough causes the mount and TV to sag alarmingly.

Since the whole assembly winds up sagging down, swinging the TV to the left causes the TV to tilt one direction. Swing it to the right, and the TV tilts the other way.Very awkward.

It's just not very secure feeling; with the arm extended most of the way out, I can move the TV up and down nearly two inches. Re-tightening those two bolts makes things more secure, but, of course, the TV can't be swung around then.

One other point, some other mounts allow you to run the electrical cables through the arms to hide them somewhat. You can't do that with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Mount, January 4, 2010
We just mounted a 26" LCD and this mount worked perfectly. Well constructed and super easy to install. Before purchasing I called the company to verify the TV would work with this mount, I was only on hold for a few seconds before speaking with a rep who was more than helpful. I highly recommend, especially at this sale price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid like a rock--this could hold a 100 pound TV, December 16, 2011
After checking out all the high priced garbage at the big box stores, I ordered this. Got it in a few days. Mine weighed only 4 1/2 pounds but was exactly as pictured. It was a fraction of the cost of similar mounts. This one is capable of extending over 20 inches from the wall and can tilt sideways 180 degrees and can be adjusted up or down by about 15 degrees which is very important for LED/LCD TVs because of viewing angle problems.

After taking it out of the box, I made sure it came with everything. It had enough hardware to do the entire job and then some with a lot of screws and such leftover. The unit is basically one part & the instructions are actually written in proper English (instead of poorly translated to English) and are easy to follow. Here is the trick. YOU MUST FIND THE STUD IN THE WALL!!!!! I always used a one dollar magnetic stud finder in my house over the last 20 years and it never failed yet. Hint: find a wall outlet and measure every 16 inches or so. That usually gets you close to a stud. After a few seconds of playing with the magnetic stud finder, you are in stud central. After finding stud, use 2 of the included bolts to attach unit to wall (then put included plastic caps on so you don't see the bolt heads). Then use 4 of the many different sized included screws to mount your TV to the unit. For this part, you need a second pair of hands.

My mounted TV was a 26 inch Sharp LED which I wanted to hover above my 51 inch Samsung Plasma in the corner of the living room. The 26 inch TV is only 17 pounds so the Cheetah mount was probably a bit overkill for this baby TV but most importantly it allowed the TV to come about 20 inches out from the corner of the room so I could adjust it to hover directly over the big TV set and then adjust the angle down to get that perfect viewing angle. As an added bonus, no connections were blocked in the back of the TV by the mount itself in my case. I can understand that certain TV sets may have the connections too close to the back center of the TV which can cause an obvious problem. But in my case, I got lucky.

I don't understand most of the poor reviews here. This is great product that is really simple to install if you find the stud and can read simple instructions. I'm not the most handy guy around and the whole project took less than 30 minutes and it would have been even easier if I properly moved the big TV set out of the way first which I was too lazy to do. I would not hesitate to mount a 42 inch 60 pound TV to this mount which is built like a rock especially considering the down right cheap price of this thing. This is simply a great product and fit my situation perfectly. Don't be afraid to order this thing which works like a charm.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, particularly for the price, April 22, 2012
G. Smith "Time Traveler" (Arlington, Virginia, USA) - See all my reviews
We had our doubts when we bought this Cheetah mount. We had just purchased an HDTV for my 94 year-old Mother-in-Law and it had to be mounted closer to her eyeballs than furniture placement would permit. We decided to give it a try because the product could be returned if defective.

It turned out to be an extremely sturdy product that is well-made, well-designed, and really excellent. It comes with all the necessary mounting hardware including a whole lot of different bolts to attach various brands of television to it. It also comes with most of the tools you need to mount it, including a nice bubble level and a flat wrench. In addition to all that, it also comes with an excellent HDMI cable (one that appears to be like ones that cost as much in stores as this entire item cost).

It mounts with three large bolts, which can either be sunk into a stud or mounted with anchors onto masonry. Once mounted properly it seems extremely secure, and (kids, don't try this at home) capable of supporting twice the weight of any modern flat-screen TVs of the advertised 25"-37" size.

Its advantages include a full 180 degrees of swivel and more than two feet of extension from the wall (although you can position the mounted TV within an inch or so of appearing to be flush-mounted if you wish). It attaches relatively easily to the wall and the mounting holes on the TV backplate were well-aligned for the two different brands of TV we tested (Sony and Westinghouse). It is really extraordinarly sturdy with the heft of solid cast iron.

Its disadvantages are minor. Because of its location right below the articulating arm, the center bolt hole in the wall attachment plate does not permit the use of a washer near the bolt head as the instructions seem to direct, but it mounts fine without the washer. The TV backplate is pre-attached to the articulating arm and cannot really be detached, so a second person has to actually hold the TV up against the mount after the mount has already been attached to the wall to screw in the four screws -- this is harder than you might think because the alignment in three dimensions is so critical. Lots of cussing there, but you get it done eventually. The tilt adjustment for the TV is difficult, a bolt requiring a flat wrench, and it must be tightened VERY tightly to hold the TV in place. The clearance above that bolt is too small to permit the use of a ratchet wrench, complicating the matter.

But these are generally ordeals that you go through only the once, and the product performs very well in actual use, with an ease of repositioning the TV that is really nice, particularly for rooms that are unusually shaped and where different positions are required for whenever you entertain guests and whatnot.

We liked it, particularly for the price which is less than half of what we'd expected, so much that we bought another.

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of junk, December 3, 2012
I attempted to use this mount with an LCD TV that has a shipping weight of 34 pounds (the description states that it will hold up to 65 pounds). The tilting mechanism couldn't handle the weight and wouldn't hold the TV in one position no matter how much the screws were tightened down. The whole mount was sagging despite the fact that the TV weighs about half of the supposed weight limit is. I wouldn't trust this mount with any TV weighing more than 15 pounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars What's the problem?, December 6, 2011
Edouardo Dundas "XMNR" (Key West, Conch Republic) - See all my reviews
The negative reviews on this concerned me, but the extension length was needed for a corner installation.
After installing, I wonder that the bad reviews were misplaced - or written by incompetents. It is exactly what was needed, is stable, strong and competent.

Any problems with installation, positioning and motion would probably be attributed to misuse of the television, not any defect of this mount. (How many times will you be mounting the TV? Did you expect it to follow you as you walk about the house?) The poor reviews did nothing but contribute to pre-installation angst. Thanks for nothing. This is the perfect mount.

P.S. - Invaluable tip: Use the bolts that secure the stand/base on the TV to attach the mount. They will be the right size/strength (and you won't be using the stand on the wall, right?)

Rate and Discover Movies