1,955 Reviews
 (1,050)

4.0 out of 5 stars great item
The mount arrived on time.
I bought this to hang my Toshiba 52" above the fire place.
The instructions are easy to follow and any and all hardware come with the mount.
My only complaint is the mounting bracket, It could be wider.
The stud's in the wall are wider than 18" (non load bearing wall)
If it came with some sort of "extender" bracket then...
Published on August 17, 2010 by Max S Wilson

3.0 out of 5 stars diasppointing
Published on April 26, 2012 by mark weiss

4.0 out of 5 stars great item, August 17, 2010
This review is from: Cheetah Mounts APDAM3B Dual Articulating Arm (13.5" Extension) TV Wall Mount Bracket for 20-55 inch LCD, LED and Plasma Flat Screen TVs up to VESA 400x400 and 115lbs, with Tilt, Swivel, and Rotation Adjustment, Including a Twisted Veins 10' Braided High Speed with Ethernet HDMI Cable and a 6" 3-Axis Magnetic Bubble Level (Accessory)
The mount arrived on time.
I bought this to hang my Toshiba 52" above the fire place.
My only complaint is the mounting bracket, It could be wider.
The stud's in the wall are wider than 18" (non load bearing wall)
If it came with some sort of "extender" bracket then this unit would be absolutly PERFECT!.

I ended up cutting the sheetrock and added more 2x4 in the wall and put the sheet rock back.(wasn't too bad)
Once it was mounted, I extended the arm and put my weight on it (210lbs) this thing did not budge!
Very sturdy unit, it suprised the heck out of me.
I will buy another one without hesitation as soon as I get another flat TV for my bedroom.

Hope this help's!!!!

Max

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product!, January 16, 2010
I recently bought this Tv wallmount to hang my new 42" Toshiba clearscan 240 LCD. I was admittedly apprehensive about hanging my tv up on the wall, but after reading the reviews on the previous model by Cheetah and hearing the lone review on the newer model of wall mount, I decided to go for the upgraded model.
I am certainly glad that I did! The build quality of this beast of a mount is high, though just like the original mount it's fasteners are somewhat suspect, so I did what other recommended and went out and bought new bolts and jam nuts. (A tiny cost of 45cents for a few heavy duty nuts and bolts)

The assembly was straight forward, instructions easy to follow and it certainly holds up well under even my bodyweight when I tested the strength of it on the wall (didn't budge an inch). The fact that it's rated to hold far more then my tv's 59pounds was certainly a major plus in my mind.

The mounts movements are fluid, easily adjusted and seady when your done positioning it. I've got it hung so that it's positioned in a corner of the room, so as I move around to different area's of the room, such as my gaming desk I just turn it easily to face the desk, or the couch for movies/tv watching.

3.0 out of 5 stars diasppointing, April 26, 2012
mark weiss "Mark W." (Chesterr Springs, PA ,USA) - See all my reviews
I installed this cheetah with little difficulty, although the instructions are not great. I use it on a 55 LG which weights about 65LB, well below the manufacture suggested limit. The problem came when I tried to adjust the tilt mechanism. No matter how tight we made the adjustment screws when I let go the set just tilted forward. In order to get the tv straight up and down I ended up wedging two blocks of wood behind the tv against the wall. I reached out to the manufacture for help, but got no response.
I want to update my review, by saying that I was contacted by Cheetah, and they sent replacement bracket to correct my tilting problem. Unfortunately the replacement brackets did not fit on my mount. They followed up with. Phone call suggesting I adjust the height of the brackets to better accommodate my tv., but that also isn't possible. The set is fine with the modifications I made, and has been up with no problems, for several months. This product is fine but is not appropriate for larger tv's

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value - SOLID for mounting 40-50" LCD's, January 26, 2010
Don't buy one of these from Best Buy for $300.

Don't pay for someone to install one of these unless you can't operate a drill.

These Cheetah mounts are great. I have one APDAM3B (newer model) & one APDAM2B. They take no more than an hour to install - and that's with finding the studs (I would not mount one of this without standard 16" studs), making sure everything is level, double checking your measurements, etc.

They are extremely versatile (should fit most TV's and most homes) and very sturdy.

My LCD TV's are 40-50 lbs, but I would have no qualms about installing a big 100 lb Plasma.

The instructions are decent, but remember they can't account for every house and every TV.

1.0 out of 5 stars Weak mount....disppointed, November 3, 2013
Have had good luck with Cheetah mounts but very disappointed in this one. Tilt adjustment screw is useless, its unable to hold my 50lb tv at an untilted position. My tv just falls forward at max tilt. Mount is rated at much higher weight than my tv, but it appears to be struggling to hold mine. Had planned on buying same mount for another tv in house but will keep shopping.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid construction, Tilt not usable, May 3, 2012
The mount was well constructed of solid materials in my opinion. The movement is smooth and it fits my 40" Sony Bravia TV as other mounts did not. My TV is around 45lbs and the mount moves and holds it in place with ease.

The only issue I had with the mount is that the tilt function does not work properly. No matter how much the hardware is tightened, the TV rests at the lowest tilt angle possible. I spent a significant amount of time re-reading the directions and making sure I had followed every step. In the end I was able to rig the TV to the angle I wanted and hold it in place. This works for me as my main reason in buying the mount was for the extension and ability to swing the TV to the left and right. I was not concerned with the tilt angle and planned to find my favorite position and leave it.

If you do not mind having to rig the tilt of the TV in place (as you may have to do), than this is a wonderful, great quality mount; especially for the price. It also comes with a thick, high speed, nylon wrapped HD cable and two levels; all of which I used.

4 stars because of the tilt issue, otherwise; it would easily be a five.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money., November 16, 2013
This item was crappy. It took over five hours with many modifications to even make it work. TV kept "floating" away from the wall and tilting down no matter how tight the screws were tightened. In addition, it was difficult to tighten the screws with the tv mounted and taking the tv on and off to try and tighten it was not very fun. To top it off the screws were flimsiy and bent. It said it was rated for up to 115lbs and my tv was 80lbs so it's not like it was too heavy. I would NOT recommend this mount to anyone unless their tv was less than 18". If it weren't for the fact that I'd already drilled holes in my wall and I was in a remote location I would definitely return it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't support my TV properly., November 26, 2013
My tv only weighs 42 pounds and when mounted on the Cheetah, the bracket sags and the TV points at my feet.

Returned.

1.0 out of 5 stars Will Not Support a 52" TV, June 26, 2012
In this case you get what you pay for. I should have returned it when I saw the size of the box. Tried to mount a 52" Sony LCD (about 5 years old)weighing about 100 lbs. Weight of the LCD bent the vertical supports. OK for lighter TV.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tilt doesn't work, November 1, 2013
Easy to install, but there is no adjusting the tilt. No matter what you do or how you tighten the tilt screws, the TV continued to lean forward. Examining the tilt mechanism and comparing it to the new mount I bought, you can see why it doesn't work.

This was used for a 42 Panasonic Plasma