Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on August 17, 2010
The mount arrived on time.
I bought this to hang my Toshiba 52" above the fire place.
The instructions are easy to follow and any and all hardware come with the mount.
My only complaint is the mounting bracket, It could be wider.
The stud's in the wall are wider than 18" (non load bearing wall)
If it came with some sort of "extender" bracket then this unit would be absolutly PERFECT!.

I ended up cutting the sheetrock and added more 2x4 in the wall and put the sheet rock back.(wasn't too bad)
Once it was mounted, I extended the arm and put my weight on it (210lbs) this thing did not budge!
Very sturdy unit, it suprised the heck out of me.
I will buy another one without hesitation as soon as I get another flat TV for my bedroom.

Hope this help's!!!!

Max
1212 comments257 of 276 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2010
I recently bought this Tv wallmount to hang my new 42" Toshiba clearscan 240 LCD. I was admittedly apprehensive about hanging my tv up on the wall, but after reading the reviews on the previous model by Cheetah and hearing the lone review on the newer model of wall mount, I decided to go for the upgraded model.
I am certainly glad that I did! The build quality of this beast of a mount is high, though just like the original mount it's fasteners are somewhat suspect, so I did what other recommended and went out and bought new bolts and jam nuts. (A tiny cost of 45cents for a few heavy duty nuts and bolts)

The assembly was straight forward, instructions easy to follow and it certainly holds up well under even my bodyweight when I tested the strength of it on the wall (didn't budge an inch). The fact that it's rated to hold far more then my tv's 59pounds was certainly a major plus in my mind.

The mounts movements are fluid, easily adjusted and seady when your done positioning it. I've got it hung so that it's positioned in a corner of the room, so as I move around to different area's of the room, such as my gaming desk I just turn it easily to face the desk, or the couch for movies/tv watching.
11 comment160 of 175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2014
Very easy installation. Followed all the instructions and got the TV up fairly easy with the help of 1 person.

My concern is the TV(46", 86lbs, decently below suggested limits) is tilted forward at the arm joints, probably up to 10 degrees. I'm decently worried it will snap and send my TV to oblivion. Scared to adjust the arm direction as not to cause more stress on the joints.

This would be a 5 star product if not for my inability to sleep due to fear of being woken by a crashing tv.
review image
11 comment32 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2012
I installed this cheetah with little difficulty, although the instructions are not great. I use it on a 55 LG which weights about 65LB, well below the manufacture suggested limit. The problem came when I tried to adjust the tilt mechanism. No matter how tight we made the adjustment screws when I let go the set just tilted forward. In order to get the tv straight up and down I ended up wedging two blocks of wood behind the tv against the wall. I reached out to the manufacture for help, but got no response.
I want to update my review, by saying that I was contacted by Cheetah, and they sent replacement bracket to correct my tilting problem. Unfortunately the replacement brackets did not fit on my mount. They followed up with. Phone call suggesting I adjust the height of the brackets to better accommodate my tv., but that also isn't possible. The set is fine with the modifications I made, and has been up with no problems, for several months. This product is fine but is not appropriate for larger tv's
2020 comments135 of 158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2012
The mount was well constructed of solid materials in my opinion. The movement is smooth and it fits my 40" Sony Bravia TV as other mounts did not. My TV is around 45lbs and the mount moves and holds it in place with ease.

The only issue I had with the mount is that the tilt function does not work properly. No matter how much the hardware is tightened, the TV rests at the lowest tilt angle possible. I spent a significant amount of time re-reading the directions and making sure I had followed every step. In the end I was able to rig the TV to the angle I wanted and hold it in place. This works for me as my main reason in buying the mount was for the extension and ability to swing the TV to the left and right. I was not concerned with the tilt angle and planned to find my favorite position and leave it.

If you do not mind having to rig the tilt of the TV in place (as you may have to do), than this is a wonderful, great quality mount; especially for the price. It also comes with a thick, high speed, nylon wrapped HD cable and two levels; all of which I used.

4 stars because of the tilt issue, otherwise; it would easily be a five.
0Comment48 of 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2015
We installed this mount with a 65 inch Vizio and no matter what it tilted forward. We fixed by inserting a pencil between the tv and the bottom of the bracket on each side.
review image
11 comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2010
Don't buy one of these from Best Buy for $300.

Don't pay for someone to install one of these unless you can't operate a drill.

These Cheetah mounts are great. I have one APDAM3B (newer model) & one APDAM2B. They take no more than an hour to install - and that's with finding the studs (I would not mount one of this without standard 16" studs), making sure everything is level, double checking your measurements, etc.

They are extremely versatile (should fit most TV's and most homes) and very sturdy.

My LCD TV's are 40-50 lbs, but I would have no qualms about installing a big 100 lb Plasma.

The instructions are decent, but remember they can't account for every house and every TV.
22 comments108 of 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2013
I was very happy with this purchase. I used it to mount a 46" Samsung TV. It seems plenty sturdy and it works very smoothly.

As noted by one other reviewer, the mount is just over 16" wide, so one option is to decide on your TV placement based on where your studs are. I wanted my TV centered on my wall though, which meant I was only going to hit one stud. What I did is to use the bolts at that location and then used Toggler Brand bolts (2 on each end of the mount). This may actually have been overkill,but obviously I want to ensure it is on the wall and isn't going to move. I'd HIGHLY recommend the Toggler Bolts. Way easier than other toggle or molly bolts I have used and more secure.

The bolts that connect to the actual TV only came in two lengths. For my TV, one length was too short, and one was too long. There are spacers provided for this, but the spacers were too big for even the long bolts. I actually used a hacksaw to cut these spacers in half (held them in a vice grip while I did it), which worked perfectly.

Summary: This is a great mount, but as you can see by the 'creativity' i had to use with the bolts as well as cutting the spacers down, you should be somewhat "handy" if you are going to attempt it yourself. If you can handle this, I think this is an amazing deal, considering most comparable full motion mounts are at least triple this price.
review image review image review image review image
0Comment27 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2013
Have had good luck with Cheetah mounts but very disappointed in this one. Tilt adjustment screw is useless, its unable to hold my 50lb tv at an untilted position. My tv just falls forward at max tilt. Mount is rated at much higher weight than my tv, but it appears to be struggling to hold mine. Had planned on buying same mount for another tv in house but will keep shopping.
0Comment44 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2010
First of all, I wanted to say that there is endless information on the net for mounting a TV. However, next to nothing for corner mounting. I knew I needed a articulating mount, but could not find too many reviews on these types of mounts for corner applications. So if your in the same pickle, here you go. This mount works perfectly in the corner without any tilt or lean as with some mounts. I used this mount on my 60lbs Sony 52in XBR9. In case your worried about the TV leaning due to the weight at max extension. The mount can swivel at the TV's base plate to adjust for any lean, as well as tilt. However, the mount is so sturdy that I did not experience any lean at all. If you have a heavier TV then then lean may be experienced.

I had 16 inch beams and the base plate attached perfectly to the wall. Not sure if the mount could be used for anything narrower or wider than 16in beams. The mount has solid construction and the hardware included was sufficient for installation. I will say that some of the hardware could have been better, but its not going to affect the outcome any. Like I said the hardware was sufficient, but if it makes you warm and fuzzy inside go to ACE Hardware and get some new nuts and bolts. I mounted the TV myself, but two people would make for a much easier job. Can't say enough positive things about this mount, and I can't believe I just paid $86 with shipping. This mount should easily sell for $200 or more. Great Value! Check out my uploaded pics for a better view of the mount.
review image review image review image review image
0Comment26 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse