4.0 out of 5 stars Really good except for one issue
I just finished installing this mount and my 50" Panasonic plasma. I bought the articulating mount so I could position the TV in the corner. This means I mounted it towards the corner of one wall and used the articulation to move it to a diagonal position where the edges are flush against adjacent walls.

This mount was very easy to install. Instructions were...
Published on January 10, 2009 by W. D. Robinson

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, but I'm disappointed with the end result
Published on December 12, 2008 by C. A. Paleos

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, but I'm disappointed with the end result, December 12, 2008
C. A. Paleos (Brooklyn, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cheetah Mounts APSAMB 32-65" LCD TV Wall Mount Bracket with Full Motion Swing Out Tilt & Swivel Articulating Arm for Flat Screen Flat Panel LCD LED Plasma TV and Monitor Displays Includes Free 10' Braided High Speed HDMI Cable With Ethernet (Electronics)
I just installed this wall mount for use with a 42" Philips plasma screen TV. As you can see from the picture, the mount basically consists of two plates connected by an articulating arm, which provides the swivel action. The TV is secured to the larger of the two plates via the supplied brackets, which provide the tilt action. The mount itself comes pre-assembled and thus requires only installation onto the wall; similarly, the brackets are also pre-assembled (with the exception of a pair of adjustment knobs for the tilt mechanism which for some reason are not mentioned at all in the installation instructions), and need only be screwed into the back of the TV.

Despite some headaches presented by the construction of my wall (I rent an apartment in an old building in Brooklyn where there is apparently an inch-and-a-half of plaster overlying drywall and studs), I was able to install the smaller plate into the wall using some cheap-but-sturdy toggler anchors from the local hardware store, without a problem.

Where I did run into a problem was when I mounted the TV to the larger of the two plates. Basically, though the mount seems solidly constructed and holds up just fine, it seems as though the articulating arm isn't strong enough at the joint, which causes a distinct and noticeable (about 3-5 degrees or so) right-sided droop to the TV; this despite the fact that the smaller plate affixed to the wall is perfectly level. Now, given that the mount is rated for TVs up to 55", I don't think my 42" TV is outside of its reported weight range. So, given that the wall plate is level, and eliminating the weight of the TV as the source of the problem, I can only chalk it up to a design or manufacturing defect.

Now, the droop makes the whole thing look kind of sloppy, though in truth it doesn't really affect the viewing experience all that much; it's slight enough so that you don't notice it at all once you're engrossed in whatever it is you're watching. And this is definitely the cheapest tilt-and-swivel mount I've been able to find, which offsets a little bit of my disappointment. In sum, I'd say I'm satisfied enough that I won't bother to go through the hassle of trying to return it, but if I were to do it all over again I might have saved up for a slightly more expensive model from a different manufacturer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good except for one issue, January 10, 2009

This mount was very easy to install. Instructions were great. I really liked the built-in level. It was easy to get the plasma on the mount with two people.

The one issue I had was with the tv actually being level. The tv is level when it's flat against the wall. When I articulate it out a bit and to the right, the right edge dips. It's obvious enough to bother me. What I did was adjust one of the brackets that bolt to the tv. I purposely had one bracket one position different (higher) than the other. This resulted in leveling the tv when articulated. However, when I put the tv back against one wall, it's grossly off level. That's ok for me because the permanent spot is in the corner which is level. I think the problem is due to the weight pressing down on the arm. Not much you can do about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not easy to install, but worth the money if you know what you're doing, December 25, 2010
Although I'm not a "Professional" installer, this installation makes the 8th Plasma/LCD wall mount installation I've done over the years. I've often spent over $250+ on previous wall kits and thought after reading the previous customer feedbacks; I would save some money and try something new.

In the past I've almost always bought OmniMount wall mounts, primarily due their ease of installation. This product was NOT easy to install, and had I not had prior experience hanging TV's, this COULD HAVE proven to be a disaster.

For starters, there is no "Template" to assist with hole drilling, not even a listed measurement to show how much space to drill the upper and lower holes. This is something that is standard with OmniMount and something I missed having. Holding the mount on the wall to Pencil or mark the holes can be a chore unless you know EXACTLY where the studs are and you have more than one set of hands. If you have some carpenter skills, you'll be able to measure and mark your spots easier than someone who doesn't.

Second, don't buy this mount if you DON'T have a "specific" place where you want to mount your TV. The main bracket is just over 16" wide and HEAVY. I wouldn't count on this holding a TV unless you're drilled into two studs and using all 4 Lag Bolts. Seeing that most studs are 16" on center, there is no wiggle room to install the bracket left or right. Other mounts I've worked with are about 20" wide to allow for a greater range of installation.

Third, the mounting bolts that came with the kit are only 1.5" long. In my opinion, to properly hold the mount AND TV, I wouldn't go with anything less than 3" bolts, anything less could be a risk.

Forth, the bolts used to mount the brackets to the back of the TV were way to short, especially if you have to use the included spacers. Finding longer bolts was NOT an easy chore as both the size and type of thread are not common. I was fortunate to have extra bolts left over from prior installations, however I still wish I had longer bolts. Neither Home Depot nor Lowes had the right thread type.

Fifth, the brackets that mount to the back of the TV have "pre-drilled" holes on the top, and "oval" type holes in the bottom. The PRO: It's very easy to make sure that the right and left brackets will be installed evenly and there is no need to run a level to make sure the TV will hang correctly. The CON: Because of the design and where cross brackets are installed on the mount, you may have to settle for your TV hanging higher or lower than you originally wanted. I would HIGHLY suggest installing the TV brackets FIRST, so you can find a true center for mounting BEFORE you mark and drill anything on the wall. This is completely opposite of the installation directions that come with the mount. Installers beware for sure.....

Overall this is a very solid product and for the most part I'm happy with the quality. The TV is hung, and with my past install experience, this install went fairly smoothly. I'm quite confident that had this been my first install, I would've had many errors and A LOT of holes to patch. If you're good with a tape measure, know how to find the studs in your wall and have an extra set of hands, this mount will be a good value for the money.

If you've never attempted this type of install before and you think a stud finder is a cougar in a bar, get a professional to help you with this or spend more on a name brand mount.

Suggestions on having a smoother install (some were already listed above)

- Install the left and right TV brackets FIRST. 1) To make sure the brackets will fit your TV. 2) To make sure the bolts are long enough (won't be if you have to use the spacers). 3) To find the true center so you know just how high or low you need to hang the TV. Had I not followed this step, I would have ended up 3" off center and I would've had to patch four rather large holes in the wall.

- When installing the mounts to the back of the TV, make sure you have AT LEAST a half inch screws into the back of the TV. Make sure your thread size matches the bolt that DOES work with your TV to avoid stripping the thread on the inside of the TV.
- Purchase longer Lag Bolts to mount the main mount to the wall (wait till your mount arrives to match the right diameter).

- Remove the bracket that the TV hangs on from the wall mount (four screws covered by black plastic caps) prior to marking and mounting the wall mount. This will reduce some of the weight and will make your install go a little smoother. CAUTION: There are clear NYLON washers that sandwich the plate so be careful when removing the bolts so as not to lose them. Remember the order of the washers as it's designed to allow the TV to swivel along its horizon. When reinstalling these nuts and bolts, it should be tight but not OVER tight. The TV may be level when pushed up against the wall, but due to weight, will become un-level when pulled out... This is common physics and NOT a flaw of the mount and why you will need to tilt the TV to the left or right to maintain a level reading. Over tightening these four bolts won't give you the ability to adjust the balance.

I wish everyone that buys this mount well and I hope that my information will help with your decision as well as to provide a smoother installation!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps the best purchase I've ever made!, November 13, 2010
I purchased this mount for my 47" Sharp Aquos LCD TV. After visiting Best Buy, and seeing that the cheapest feasible option for a swivel-mount for a TV of my size was upwards of $200, I came to Amazon and found this Cheetah Mount. I am a VERY picky shopper, and make pro/con & side-by-side comparison lists for almost all of my "important" purchases. After doing the same for TV mounts, I decided on this mount. For the price I paid (around $60 all said & done), I feel that I absolutely STOLE this mount!

When arriving, I was very surprised at how heavy this mount is. Taking the parts out, they are all of very sturdy construction. Still, I doubted if they would be able to hold my 88lbs TV out from the wall without breaking.

Installation was about an hour long process if you understand the instructions. The printed instructions were perhaps the only weakness of this mount. They are not really worded correctly, and rather difficult to understand. Simply look at the pictures to learn how to install, then just do it. Use a laser level to drill the holes into the studs. The most difficult aspect of mounting, in my opinion, was lifting my 88lbs TV up to 7' tall to hang on the mount by myself. Highly recommend having someone help you with the install, as the parts themselves are very heavy as well.

I don't see how folks are having problems with their TV's appearing cock-eyed on the wall after mount. Even if the holes are not drilled perfect, the TV can be adjusted for right & left tilt on the mount itself afterwards with sliding allen screws. They thought of everything with this design. The TV fit well.

The function of this mount is incredible! It pulls out almost 3' from the wall, swivels far enough to view the TV perfectly from any area in my living room, and the tilt function is awesome as well for those of us having to mount the TV rather high. After a month on my wall, there is no signs of any stress to my studs, wall, mount, or TV itself.

I could not be happier with this mount. If you are looking for a strong, sturdy, and highly functional way to mount your TV on the wall, this is for sure the answer. It has held my 90lbs TV up with absolutely no problems at all. For $60, you would seriously be crazy not to purchase this mount. I can assure you that you will be satisfied with the mount.

5.0 out of 5 stars Look No Further...., December 28, 2010
TV: Panasonic Viera 42" 720p plasma (52.9 lbs. without stand)

This was my first TV wall mount that I've purchased. Upon my initial search, I was shocked by the prices of wall mounts, especially ones that not only pivot up and down but swivel out and side-to-side. When I came across this model by Cheetah Mounts, I thought this had to be cheap and I'd be regretting my purchase. I read the reviews and even though many had issues with the TV drooping to one side slightly when extended, I basically just had to bite the bullet and accept that if I want to save money, this product was my best option. Boy, was I wrong.

I unpacked the box and immediately could tell by the weight of the product that this was not cheaply made. The components were tight/solid and the design was simple. There was nothing cheap-feeling about the mount, including the supplied nuts, bolts, washers, etc.

I will admit that the directions were not exactly clear, but if you just take your time and read through completely (a few times) before actually performing a step, it will all come together.

In my particular setup, I was installing onto 2x4 studs 16" on center (standard wall stud configuration). I can't imagine installing into a concrete wall as described in the directions, if you needed to. This seemed much more complicated.

The one place for improvement I could see in the instructions was the placement on the wall and how to decide how high to hang the mount and how to go about making sure your 4 holes you pre-drilled in the wall line up properly to keep the wall mount level once hung. If you have a stud-finder, a level (supplied with the mount) and common sense, you will have no trouble. If you get this part right, the rest will fall into place.

As described in the directions, it's recommended that you use two people to hang the TV once you've attached the part of the mount that goes on the TV. The wife and I had no troubles getting the TV up and mounted together. We've been known to bicker back and forth on projects and I think the only thing we bickered about was how high the mount should be hung! Amazing!

After installation was complete, we gave the unit some test runs by swinging out the arm in different directions and angles. The mount maintained it's center level through-out the complete range of motion... even fully extended. Again, I owe this to patience in the beginning to ensure the lag bolts that were screwed into the 2x4 studs were level. I experienced zero-droop fully extended and turned to either side. I was very impressed. I'm still not sure what other product reviewers had trouble with.

I am VERY pleased with this product and will buy it again when ever I get my next TV that I want to mount.
[UPDATE: I bought another smaller Cheetah Mount for 32" LCD. Works great! See my review!]

I know usually you get what you pay for. In this case, I feel like I got a great deal for the money. Maybe if I could compare this product to a higher priced product that can perform the same motion, I'd have more negative comments, but I don't plan on ever looking for a different product/model again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this product!, February 26, 2012
I have Cheetah mounts on 2 other TV's and they are great. The problem with this one is that it only has one arm. It says it will work with 32"-55"...no way. It might work for a 32" only because its weight. When I installed this particular mount everything was perfectly level on the wall. I attached my 42" and it was still level when the arm was closed and flat against the wall. However, when I extended the arm to the position where I want the TV it was not even close to being level. It was off a good 10 degrees. This item clearly can not handle heavier/larger flat screens. If you have a larger TV (42 & up) and you are looking for a full motion mount get the ones that have "Dual Arm". If you already bought this and are having the same problem I actually rigged it so it looks ok. I just adjusted the brackets on the back of the TV so the would compensate for the uneven TV. When you spend money on a good mount you should not have to do any "rigging".

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Panasonic Viera 42, October 12, 2008
This mount is sturdy and well built. It was easy to install into my traditional TV cabinet.

The mount adjusts in several different ways, allowing for easy mounting of my Panasonic Viera, which I was told would not be easy to find a mount for as it does not have standard mount holes.

The only trouble I have has was my error, where I did not attach the mount to the cabinet perfectly vertical. Now when the arm is completely extended and the TV is turned its not level. Not really a big deal as I only have it in that position when fiddling with cables.

Overall I'm very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price for an excellent item!, May 10, 2010
I had my initial doubts when ordering this product. However, the price of TV mounts at chain electronic stores swayed me to go into the direction of the Cheetah mount. I mounted a 40" Samsung on the mount which weighs around 40lbs. The cheetah mount itself is very well built and weighs in at around 28lbs. I have no doubt this mount would easily support 80-100lb's.

The Cheetah mount comes with all of the options needed to install the product quickly. The product comes with 4 screws to mount into wooden studs and optional hardware for concrete installation as well. There are also 3 sets of (4 screws) included which are used to attach the TV screen to the swiveling mount included. So, you assured that one of the screw sets will be the proper size to secure your TV to the mount.

The mounting plate fits perfectly to the standard 16" stud distance that most homes have. Again with this standard installation distance of 16 inches I have no doubt this stand would support 80-100lbs easily. If the distance between studs is further then the standard 16" distance there is hardware included for this type of installation. However, I'm not sure I would trust the mount to support a TV of much weight using this option.

The built in level works really well. Before tightening down the anchoring bolts completely to the wall make sure the mount sits level. Extend the swivel portion of the mount inward and outward and double check to see if the mount is level throughout the entire range of motion. If the mount becomes slightly "out of level" upon extension or retraction adjust the base plate slightly and use a pencil to mark this leveled location on the wall. Once the TV is in the proper location to remain level throughout its length of travel tighten your anchoring bolts down completely. If you skip this process the TV may slightly dip or angle slightly when extended.

There are cutouts also on the back of the mount. The advantage of this is that your TV can still sit closely to the wall but these holes provide a little extra gap to run wires through while also providing some distance between the wall and cords. So, there shouldn't be any issues with the cables coming into contact with the wall or mount.

The angling portion of the mount is very easy to use as well. Make sure when installing the brackets to the TV that your tightening arms are positioned towards the outer edges of the TV. Otherwise you will not be able to get to these tightening arms once the TV is installed. If the brackets are installed properly you can easily reach them to adjust the angle.

I paid $39.69 + shipping ($18) for this mount. For that price point at the local chain stores I would've come home empty handed. Local shops were charging $99.99 + taxes for a basic wall mount with no swiveling/extending option. So, for $40 less I received a product that was of equal or better quality and had the options of swiveling and extending.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to install!, March 13, 2009
This was much easier to install than I had feared, having read lots of reviews of wall mount products being difficult to install. Two of us installed in less than 1/2 hour. It even has a level built into the product so you can see immediately if the mount is level or not as you screw it into the wall.
It holds my TV perfectly level and is easy to move about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great customer service, August 24, 2009
I originally bought this mount and had to return it due to issues with my wall studs... I contacted them via their cusomter service line and was helped immediately by someone who gave me clear instructions for returning the unit and choosing the correct one. They even shipped out the new unit early (when I sent them the tracking number) and refunded the difference in orders promptly. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

PS - New mount is awesome!Cheetah Mounts APTMMB Tilt Wall Mount for 32"-55" Plasma and LCD Displays

Rate and Discover Movies