5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mount
Published on December 22, 2008 by Me

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing Parts
Published on December 13, 2008 by imlafn

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mount, December 22, 2008
This review is from: Cheetah Mounts APTMMB Wall Mount Bracket with Universal Tilt for 32-65" Flat Panel Plasma, LED, & LCD Displays (Electronics)
Great mount. You could hang a volkwagon on the wall. Every kind of screw and bolt you can imagine included. If you don't know the difference between a lag bolt and a molley bolt, get help. If you buy a wagon, barbecue grill, or bicycle, and can't put it together, you probably shouldn't hang anybody's bracket and put your tv on it. This bracket is 30" wide. You shouldn't have trouble with 24" center studs, even if you have to drill a hole. No drill? This is not for you. Use the lag bolts on studs. You could do chin ups on this. I know they include two molleys. Two molley's are not enough on sheetrock. I know they include concrete plugs, I wouldn't use them, could be too short if you are hanging on fireplace. Use longer concrete anchors, and know what you are doing. This bracket might be too big for a 32" tv, not that you couldn't hang it, but you might be able to see the bracket from the sides. I hung a 50" Pani, and yeah they included the screws that fit the back of the tv, in two lengths too. The pocket depth on the Pani screw holes must be 1 1/2". I used the long screws. Oh yeah, there are locking screws on the bottom after you hang your tv. A tornado could take the house, but your TV will still be attached to the wall in Kansas. If none of this has scared you. Buy this bracket. It's a steal. Avoid the yo yo that is selling it for $150.

5.0 out of 5 stars High-quality mount for low price, October 6, 2008
If you buy a flat-panel TV at one of the big-box stores, they're going to try to sell you a wall-mount costing $200 or more. Don't do it. This mount is affordable, made of high-quality materials, and has a pretty good range of adjustment when it comes to tilting the screen to the right angle for your room. I hung my 46-inch Samsung LCD, and I don't worry about it a bit -- it's very secure, and was simple to install.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mount, October 1, 2008
The mount was not only very reasonable (1/3 the price of other mounts), but worked great. It was easy to install and holds my 52" Samsung perfectly. Definitely a best buy!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to assemble, perfect for my new TV., January 5, 2009
Amazon Customer (Washington State) - See all my reviews
After buying my new Sony Bravia 46z4100 I was in the mood to get the perfect mount no matter how much it cost. When I saw the 30 dollar price tag on the Cheetah I almost clicked past it but decided to read some of the positive reviews about the mount. I'm glad I did because I just finished setting it up and couldn't be happier.

The mount was extremely easy to setup. I am severely "mechanically declined" and was a little nervous when unpackaging this mount. The 1 page instruction sheet was simple (as long as you ignore the steps involving connecting the mount to a cement wall). There are at least 4 different screw sizes to use so I didn't have to buy additional hardware to connect it to the mount. I have 24" spacing between studs and because of the elongated holes in the mount there was no trouble getting the bolt into the center of the stud. The really neat thing about the mount is it clips on to the wall bracket so you can slide it to the left and right to reposition it on your wall if you want or easily unmount it. With it on the wall there is still plenty of room to get behind the tv and connect/disconnect cables and adjust the screw that moves the tilt.

Overall I'm extremely pleased with the mount and would strongly recommend this product to people mounting their new flatscreen tv's.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome product for awesome price, May 29, 2009
Steve L "lev96" (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased 2 tilting mounts at seperate times. First, I purchased the Peerless ST660 Universal Tilt Wall Mount for $80. For that item I thought I was getting a great product at a great price. It worked ok, but it was a little difficult to get tilted right, and the tilt was minimal.

Then when I needed a second for a new tv, i searched to see if anything else was available. I came across this Cheetah Mount, but I was reluctant to believe that a tilt for less than $30 could be safe. But after reading all the positive reviews, I gave it a shot. I am very glad I did. This product installed more easily, gives more access space behind the tv to get to the inputs, and is easier to adjust the tilt. It is absolutely just as strong as the Peerless, if not more so. Given all the ridiculously high prices of tilt mounts, I can't believe that Cheetah can do it for so little. This is a 10 star product on a 5 star scale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mount, April 18, 2008
I found Cheetah Mounts at Amazon a while back. The mounts are great. I am an installer and have installed tons of differnet mounts. Since I found Cheetah, I don't use anything else. This tilt mount is great for an easy flush or tilt set up. Installs sturdy, clean and the tilt is easily adjusted during or after install. I love it - my customers love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy install - includes hardware, December 7, 2008
First, I was surprised to find that the box contained all the mounting hardware I needed. I had read a review that said it didn't come with any screws. In fact, it comes with everything you need.

It also came with a variety of mounting screws to secure the arms to the back of your TV. In my case, I had purchased the Samsung LN46A650 and the mounting screws that came with the TV were not long enough for me to use. So I ended up using the screws that came with this wall mount.

Installation was easy, even though its not pictured here, the one I received came with a built in level which made drilling the holes much more precise.

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing Parts, December 13, 2008
imlafn (Orlando, FL) - See all my reviews
I ordered 2 of this mount and started to set up the first one. When I realized there were missing parts, I left a voicemail and email, and received zero response. This leaves one wall mount virtually useless because it's the hooks holding up the tv that are missing. I can't believe I spent double the money for only one wall mount that works. I'd gladly take some follow-up contact and the missing parts!

The mount that was usable was perfectly fine and is holding up a 40" Sony Bravia TV. It seems sturdy enough, but to tilt the tv out to reach the plugs in the back, you basically have to unscrew these bigs screws on the bottom and ask someone to hold the tv away from the wall. So to me, the tilt feature is not really a realistic feature. Again, it's worth it because I just want it to hang on the wall.

As for the mount I received with missing parts, I would gladly go down to the local hardware store and try to rig the mount to work, but I was planning on hanging a 50" plasma Panasonic tv with it, so I would prefer having the original hooks I need.

You definitely need to figure out the size of the screws you'll need for the back of the tv, but buy the same screws at least one size smaller and one size bigger, just in case. You can always take them back, but when I tried to hang it with what I thought was the correct size screw, I had trouble getting it through the holes on the mount. The directions suggest using a hammer, but I'm not going to hammer anything into the back of my flat-screen LCD tv-- sorry. In other words, putting the mount up is probably going to be a little frustrating, but for the price, it's worth it. If you don't get all the parts, add one point to the seller for getting rid of a useless mount, but if it all works out, you'll be happy.

I would have given it four stars had both mounts work, and only taking off one star for not really being able to tilt. But since only one of the mounts had all the parts, I took off two more stars, bringing it down to two stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Value, January 14, 2009
I have to admit I was very skeptical about this wall mount after reading some of the less than positive reviews. I'm pleased to report that after receiving the mount (which arrived at my door only two days after ordering) I am more than delighted with what I found. The mount is more than sturdy enough to support my 37" Sharp Aquos LCD and the supplied hardware fit the tv's preexisting mounting holes perfectly. In addition to the bubble level installed on the mounting bracket the manufacturer now includes a 6" multiangle bubble level. It's plastic but it does the job. The remaining hardware includes the necessary lag bolts, spacers, washers and molly bolts for just about any type of installation. Actually placing the tv on the mount is really best done with two people but after that angle adjustments are a snap. All in all I'm very pleased with this mount.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome Wall Mount, January 30, 2008
This is an awsome bracket I bought 2 of them they fit my 37 inch lcd and 42 inch plasma with no problem at all. Very easy to put up less then a half hour. Very sturdy product. Recommend to every one. When buying a mount make sure you measure the screw holes in the back of the tv. Make sure the inches are the same for the tv and the bracket. All universal mount do not fit all tv's

Rate and Discover Movies