4.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy unit- shelves, nice design
Published on January 2, 2010 by Kevin Rillo

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheetah Mounts 2 Component Shelf
The shelves themselves are great, they look amazing, I love the style, the ease of assembly and mounting, everything.

Published on July 21, 2010 by Christopher

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy unit- shelves, nice design, January 2, 2010
Kevin Rillo (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cheetah Mounts AS3B Three (3) Shelf TV Component Wall Mount Shelving Bracket with 18x16" Shelf, 15' Twisted Veins HDMI Cable and Cable Management for Cable or Satellite Box, DVD Player, Game Station, Receiver, etc., and Compatible with all LCD LED Plasma Flat Screen TVs and Displays (Electronics)
I just put up this unit and installation was easy (came with instructions unlike other poster's experience). The unit is well made, strong, and has ample room for running cables through the center channel and access holes. The only drawback is the depth of the shelves are somewhat short for components that are deep and/or require additional depth due to larger cable plugs (like HDMI cables).

I plan to make some wooden covers (to sit on top of the glass shelves) to provide the extra depth I need.

I would recommend that you simply measure the depth of your components first, including the length of your longest cable plug to ensure this unit will work for you. Otherwise, you will have the front feet of your audio/video components dangling off the front edge of the shelves.

EDITED REVIEW - After converting to another services provider, the shelfs are just fine in terms of depth. So I didn't have to modify anything. This is a quality unit and we have had no issues with it at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very attractive and functional Component Shelf, May 14, 2010
If your trying to figure out what component shelf to buy look no further my friends. Before I purchase anything I usually click on Amazon.com to get individuals reviews/opinions. Let me tell you, if you are in the market for a Component shelf for your lcd look no further. This is a beautiful, attractive 3 tray shelf which I put my Bose Stereo and Xbox 360 on.

Both components have plenty of room to set on their individual tray and wire management is not difficult at all. When sitting away from my stand I do not see any wires which is very important to me. The other thing I would recommend to anyone that is in the market for something like this. Do 'NOT' place it under your flat screen tv! Why you might ask? The reason for this is when I'm watching a movie on my flat screen tv all I want to see in my 'field of view' is the tv and not a 3 tray shelf with electronic components!

I've seen so many customer images with their component shelfs under their beautiful flat screen tvs and under their tvs they have this big, honking shelf!

Trust me, you will enjoy the movie that you are watching more if all that is in front of you is the movie and not anything else that is going to distract you.
This shelf stands in the corner of my room and looks very attractive I must add. All my friends and family also complement this stand when they first enter my room.

So, there you have it. Just buy it instead of pulling your hair out trying to figure out which one to buy...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great solution for getting your stuff off the floor!, December 23, 2012
M. Devlin (Austin, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This is now my 3rd purchase of this same item. That in itself should tell you something.
What I will tell you is that this has been a great solution for getting stuff off the floor: Xbox (including Kinect!), Cablebox, PS3, Wii, Bluray, etc. It is worth noting that it is NOT ideal for the home theater system to set on, however, as this, like most wall mount shelves, is simply not deep enough. Note that you lose about an inch off the depth with the cable management. I ended up building a wooden shelf customized for my home theater receiver, painted it glossy black, and mounted right under this unit. Looks great!

PROs:
- Very sturdy
- Looks fantastic
- Fits most devices
- Clever mounting design makes this extremely easy to position and mount.
- Can be installed by a single person
- Cable management well-designed - on thick items, you can even lean the bottom of the shelf unit out away from the wall for more room!

CONs:
- Will not accommodate most home theater receivers
- Can be a little tricky to put together - if you have someone to help, it will be a lot easier. Here's some tips I learned after my 3rd one yesterday: 1. Lay all the bracket pieces out in the order they will be put together. 2. Put the end caps inside the cable management brackets ahead of time. 3. Prescrew one end of the long metal rods about a 1/4 inch - no more. You need to leave enough sticking out on the other end to work with, then you can tighten as needed. 4. Natural tendency is to put this together with the back of the unit laying flat - this makes it a lot harder as the shelves keep wanting to fall over on you! Instead, after you add the second glass shelf, turn the unit on its side - it will be MUCH easier to work with!

I would highly recommend this unit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent edition for anyone's HDTV set-up, October 5, 2011
caged_beagle (U.P. of Michigan) - See all my reviews
We bought this shelving unit after upgrading to a flatscreen HDTV that was mounted on the wall via a VideoSecu Longarm articulating arm mount. The two units look excellent together and above all the Cheetah Componet Shelf Wall Mount is a quality built unit with above average fit and finish. Shipping was fast and easy through FedEx. It shipped in the original box with no extra padding or wrap but was delivered undamaged and remarkable.

Body of unit consists of appropriate thick aluminum that is black with a light metallic sparkle. The glass shelves are colored gloss black on one side and matte black on the other and you can mount either side up. Overall height of this unit is 27" with the shelves being 8 3/4" apart and measuring 17 1/2" wide by 14" deep. The three sections of the unit each have a 2" hole avaiable for routing your wires through and also comes with black plastic covers to go in the holes if you are not using them. I found that the 2" hole was more than an adequate size for fitting wires through I have 8 cables running through one hole) and that the covers fit tightly in the holes that are not being utilized.

Installation was straight forward and the directions were simple and easy to read. You could put this together by yourself probably but as with most things an extra set of hands was helpful. I mounted the bracket that the shelves attach to directly to a stud because that was easiest for me. Drywall anchors and screws also come with the unit if you need to mount it to drywall. The unit is attached to the wall bracket with two screws and "pops" into place with a little elbow grease but after securing with the screws it is steady and straight. None of the shelves lean or tilt under the weight as some other reviewers have complained about. I have a DTV box and google TV box on one shelf and a WII, XBOX, PS2 on another with the top shelf being the 'docking station' for the GTV keyboard/mouse along with all the remotes and gaming paddles. I imagine if you follow the directions, are somewhat handy with a level and drill and start with a level/straight wall you will have superior luck with installing this unit.

Overall I am completely impressed with the unit and being priced at less than half of comparable shelves at some big box outlets this is an awesome deal.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheetah Mounts 2 Component Shelf, July 21, 2010

One major problem, the shelves are nowhere near large enough to hold anything substantial, neither my cable box, nor my stereo receiver fit on the shelves. These are specifically outined in the description of the item. Should I have measured before purchasing, of course I should have, but I don;t see how the description can be seen as accurate in this regard.

1.0 out of 5 stars DIfficult assembly, low quality nuts and bolts, heavy, January 11, 2014
Had I successfully assembled the shelves I'm not sure I would have trusted my equipment on it. everything is hanging from the anchor on the wall from the top of the vertical piece. The vertical piece is actually 3 separate blocks with two thin rods (halves of rods actually, screwed together in the middle) which would have been supporting all the weight on them.

Each shelf is two halfs, with a clip in the front and the two rods mentioned earlier run through the back so it takes at least 3 hands or two hands and a foot and maybe a shoe to prop stuff up on, to assemble it.

It builds from the bottom up, I got to the part where I put the second shelf on the first set of rods and then you are suppose to screw the top half of the rods on to the bottom so you can add the next layer of vertical support and then shelf. When I tried screwing these together i found that one of the rods didn't fit the threads of the top half. I could slide the screw up and down without having to turn it. The other one fit but didn't feel secure.

Boxed it up and submitted my return request about 45 minutes after it was dropped on my doorstep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the Negative Reviews Regarding Assembly - Great Media Shelf for the Price, December 19, 2013
I was a bit apprehensive to purchase this shelf judging by the countless reviews knocking that the assembly was too difficult, needed two people to build, was junk, etc. However, I just recently purchased the Cheetah brand flat panel TV mount and was completely satisfied with the product given the price, so I decided to take a chance with this shelf seeing as all other options were far more expensive, and not what I was looking for.

For starters, the shelves are perforated metal. This for me was a must over all other glass counterparts. The high tech equipment hooked up to my TV like my Xbox and PS4 require air too keep them running cool. Perforated shelves to me are a must in a media cabinet or wall shelves like this one.

Assembly can be a little tricky until you get all the pieces together and begin to tighten the top bolts. If you try to read the instructions you will certainly be confused/overwhelmed. I simply laid out the parts, looked at the assembly pictures and it went together really easy.

I mounted my shelves to a stud so I can't speak to how study the wall anchors are, but with two lag bolts in the stud, this shelf isn't going anywhere. The shelves do flex slightly, and aren't completely ridged, but unless I mount this in my RV I have no concerns about my gear going anywhere. That being said I wouldn't recommend this shelf system for anyone looking to place a full sized receiver on it. It's going to be way to big, and possibly cause the shelf to sag. This is just my opinion though as I don't have first hand experience.

All in all this is a GREAT shelf for the money. It's currently holding my Directv Genie, Xbox One, and PS4 and it looks really nice. The perforated shelves also allowed me to zip tie a surge protector under the bottom shelf for a super clean, cord free install.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible., January 21, 2014
It was a pain in the ..... To put together. Then to realize the coupler that the two long bolts are supposed to screw into is too large for one of the screws. I called the company and they said they'd have to simply reimburse me BC they don't have the part. Huh? Sure I guess. It's too bad, it would have been a cool piece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy do it yourselfer, November 8, 2010
C. McDonell (Foster City, CA) - See all my reviews
I'm a recently separated woman, and with elbow tendonitis, and arthritis in my hands, I was in the market for a great looking, easy set-up for my new 40" tv components.
While the set-up instructions are minimal, I have enough know-how, and tools to do the job. Also, I am under 5' tall. With my 14 year old daughter helping me to get it on the wall, it mounted in a jiffy, and it looks great! (Yes, we mounted the tv by ourselves, too).
As far as the cable management goes, I find that, since it is only attached at the top, if I pull it slightly away from the wall at the bottom, it's easy enough to get cables through without having to thread them. There seems to be plenty of room for everything I have: 2 HDMI, 2 optical, numerous power, several speaker cords...you get the idea.
I am considering it, or the 2 shelf unit for the livingroom tv. That's a 47".
This is the information I was looking for when I searched for the right shelves. I hope this helps! :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Shelf is nice, hardware is crap, October 9, 2011
the shelf itself is nice and heavy, The mounting hardware is trash the anchors all spun out and the lags are cheap crap. So the shelf is good enough but plan on spending more money on a home depot run for proper install.