About the Author
Robert Surles, aka Chef Bobo, has held many distinguished cooking positions including:
- Chef instructor at the French Culinary Institute in New York City;
- Corporate chef at IMG, a sports marketing and management company;
- Official chef at the Krewe of Orpheus in New Orleans, a Mardi Gras parade group founded by jazz musician and entertainer Harry Connick Jr.;
- Personal chef for baseball star Derek Jeter;
- School chef for the Calhoun School in Manhattan, NY.
Chef Bobo believes the best way to ensure that adults eat well is to develop an appetite for healthy foods early in life. His recipes feature nutritious food with bold flavor. At Calhoun School, where he also teaches at an after-school cooking club for students, his culinary skills are transforming the way kids think about and eat food. Some the most popular items at Calhoun School are steamed broccoli and rutabaga fries. Kids want their parents to serve them the same food they get at school so Chef Bobo often sends recipes home.