Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

I've been using this for about 4 months. It replaced an old Nordic Ware Egg Cooker. Truth is you could probably do eggs in the microwave without this device or a similar product, but it can be messy and the eggs dry out very quickly unless they are covered.
I normally take an egg, mix a tablespoon of milk in the mix, toss in some herbs or coarsely ground pepper and then whisk until blended.
Depending on what I feel like eating, I may add finely diced ham or Canadian bacon, precooked bacon, chopped veggies or cheese into the mix. I close the lid on the cooker and nuke it for a minute or less. It slides out with no effort and I put it on a toasted English muffin or when I feel fancy I go all out and put it on a warm croissant. Makes an absolutely great breakfast by itself or with fresh fruit.
I normally wash the cooker by hand, but I have tossed it in the dishwasher with no adverse results. Either way is a snap since it cleans easily.
I like the cooker and nothing is better than quick gratification and easy clean-up. My only negative observation is that it seems overpriced for what it is. I paid less for this at the big box store.
on September 6, 2014
This is a poor knock-off of the Nordic Ware egg cooker. I now have one of each. The plastic is too flimsy compared to Nordic Ware and there is a Prop 65 hazard warning (cancer causing) for the plastic material. They even copied the Nordic Ware lettering and font but eliminated the trademark name to make it a less obvious rip-off. Get the Nordic Ware version also on Amazon for the same price.

Nordic Ware
* BPA-free and Melamine Free Plastic
* 5-Year Warranty
* Made in the USA
Comes in real Nordic Ware retail cardboard packaging with barcode.

Chef Buddy knock-off:
Made in Taiwan
No warranty
Made using a cheap injection mold copy of the nordic ware original and removed the name only. A certain rip-off.
Unhealthy plastic not suitable for cooking food is used. Known carcinogen warning label included for CA residents. No retail packing, simply in a lousy plastic bag with cancer warning label.
66 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2012
I scramble an egg, pour it over a slice of Canadian bacon, microwave for 45 seconds, turn it onto an English muffin and voila, I have a great breakfast. This is truly a fast and efficient way to have a very tasty breakfast.
on September 30, 2012
My husband LOVES this little egg cooker. He uses it almost every day to cook his breakfast eggs. Spray it with a little cooking spray, add eggs and anything else you'd like, cook in the microwave about two minutes and voila, breakfast is ready. Clean up is easy, too. Quick wash and it's ready for the next day. Good product and price.
on December 30, 2012
Opened the package and washed the egg cooker but dropped it on the floor (carpet) and the top broke off from the bottom so it no longer has a hinge. I used a spray put the egg in and beat it then just laid the lid on top and cooked 20 seconds, not done so cooked another 30 seconds and it came out perfect. The second try was 40 + 10 seconds so it looks like 50 is the magic number. My oven is only 1000 Watts and most are now 1100 so it may be more like 40 for most people. I'll be eating "Breakfast Jacks" quite often from now on. Want to try one without beating it just to see how it comes out. Product is fine but if you could find the right sized bowl and put a plate on top i'm sure it would work as well.Chef Buddy Microwave Egg Cooker
on July 4, 2014
works exactly as described, I watched a video on it before I used it. The only problem is that you can only cook one egg at a time, scrambled. Not sure how it would do for an egg made I the sunny side up style. In my 1200 watt microwave it takes 55 seconds for an egg that will still be moist but completely cooked. I do spray with the Pam first and that makes it easy to clean and the egg slides right out.
on August 6, 2015
Scrambled eggs in the microwave? Yes, it does it.
But, buy the Nordic-ware one instead, because it is cheaper than this copy.
Perfect size and shape for egg sandwiches. One large egg takes about 45 seconds. Room for two eggs, or cheese, splash of milk and ham on one egg. It is plastic and seems a bit flimsy, but it works great. True, it is not really scrambled egg; you do not stir during cooking. I have had better, and worse, scrambled eggs in restaurants. It fills with steam while cooking. Let it sit for a minute after cooking or else you may get HOT runny egg on the bottom. Another way around that is I wrap a ham slice in a paper towel, and place under the cooker, in the microwave. Adjust the time for both to cook. I tried cooking ham in with the egg. But I think it works better outside, cooked at the same time, inside a folded paper towel, underneath the egg cooker. Never sticks. I open it after cooking and put a whole slice of toast over the egg and flip it. I also like to add a swiss cheese slice, after cooking, hot toast, hot egg, and melting swiss cheese. I have also stirred grated cheese into the egg. That makes something like quiche with no crust. I suppose it poaches too, but I only do scrambled: crack the egg into the cooker and stir with a fork.
This is a copy of the similar Nordic-ware product. The Nordic-ware one is actually cheaper today ($3.50 versus $6). I did not notice a warning label as others have mentioned. I am ordering the NW one, too. Recommendation: Skip this one and buy the Nordic-ware one instead!
on October 12, 2015
This is a great little product! We used to get breakfast sandwiches at the corner store, but they went out of business. Picked up two of these so we could make out own. So incredibly easy! It only takes 36 seconds to cook an egg perfectly (my husband did a couple tests to come up with the correct time). People have written that it's flimsy, but I think it's actually quite heavy and well-made. They clean super easily.
on March 3, 2016
I purchase this to use in our Airstream trailer. Works great " IF" you do the following. 1. Use one egg only stirred with a drop or two of water mixed it. Do not be tempted to use two eggs. Over flow and a mess will result. 2. What works great is to also stir in a touch of pre-cooked crumbled sausage. Now available in small bags in your market. I have even added a few fresh mushrooms along with sausage at the same time.. Cook on high in the Mirco for 1 min with top on. Remove from miro and top with a small slice of cheddar cheese putting the top back down and let sit to melt on your counter as you cook your second Chef Buddy egg dish ( I ordered two) cook same way in the mico . Fabulous delicious fast breakfast. Serve right in the container. A snap to clean as well.. A honest tried winner! There are no cooking instructions sent with this product. So follow my suggestions on use or you may be disappointed on how to get the most from this product.:
on April 24, 2016
Bought this so my husband could make breakfast sandwiches at work and have something warm to eat. The product is great and I love it is dish washer safe. The eggs cook better with out the yolk. Very pleased over all. Easy to use and easy to get the egg in and out off.