Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Chef Works CHAT Chef Hat, White
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Color: White|Change
Price:$7.49+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on March 1, 2010
We needed a chef's hat for a school play. We had a cheap paper one and realized it wouldn't make it through practices and performances so I bought this one. I ended up throwing it into the washer every night because the actors had to wear makeup. It came out beautifully and since my son likes to cook he has a great hat to use at home. It is also velcro adjustable so can be made to fit. Did I mention it had to go back and forth to school in a backpack for a month?!
22 comments|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2015
Not as advertised in the photo--total misrepresentation. Not as advertised in the product description. In the photo, the band is deep, stiff, and free standing. Not so. It's a mere 1-1/2 inches, poorly sewn with no interfacing, and needs ironed. The top part with the neat folds is also misrepresented. It's more like a beanie and definitely not a chef's hat. The product description claims it has a velcro closure. Not so. It has a couple of inches of elastic. And it arrived soiled. This product is a zero.
review image
VINE VOICEon March 26, 2010
My wife and I take turns cooking, so I thought I'd surprise her with a chef hat and apron. This hat is the real thing, looks great, and adjusts easily to my giant head. I'm very pleased with it. (And my wife loves it.)
11 comment|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2014
The darned hat didn't fit my head at all - and on top of that, it's impossible to get it poofy like in the picture. Instead it was just sort of sloppy and wrinkled no matter what I did. Since I was getting this chef hat for a professional baking job, it was beyond useless for me.
on August 20, 2013
The hat I received was nothing like the advertised picture. The description says velcro closure but this one just has a little bit of elastic in the back.
on October 1, 2010
This is a great hat, fits my husband's head and is very nice in general, great fabric. It also came quickly which was nice. I would certainly buy from this place again.
on August 14, 2012
I would have given this five stars, but adding the hat to my head did not improve my cooking at all. My wife assured me that it made me look "dashing" and "handsome" like a suaver Molto Mario, and on that I will give it the rest of the four stars. I might still be a terrible cook, but at least I'm sexy now.
44 comments|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2015
I never review stuff, but I had to take a shot at this one. It is not at all as advertised - the whole thing is much smaller/shorter, with virtually no base. It doesn't look anything like the picture. Oh, yeah, and there's no velcro. Not to mention that it took weeks to show up, being shipped from China.
review image
on August 3, 2013
I have two little chef's in training in my kitchen, and both love their new chef's hats! Even though this is the real thing, made for restaurant professionals, the size adjusts just right for my children. These also wash well and stain remove easily. So much better than some overpriced kids-dress-up-toy version! They feel extra special helping me in the kitchen now, and for six bucks we couldn't be more pleased!
on November 7, 2015
I was not to happy with these. Thankfully they were cheap so I am not out to much. My children enjoy playing diner and I wanted to get them some "real" looking stuff to use as props. These are a super soft material that feel great but are VERY VERY floppy. It is hard to get them to stand up right. Thank fully my kids are young and could care less. I would be careful though if you need them for school or work as these may not be what is required. The color was a nice crisp bright white and they were comfy to wear.
review image review image review image review image