5.0 out of 5 stars Best Citrus Juicer I've owned
This Chef'n Juicer is the best Juicer I've owned.

I enjoy my Gin (Sapphire) and Tonics and like to press 1/2 lime into a drink (Fever-Tree Tonic Water highly recommended too), as well as fresh lime juice in a margarita. I put my presses to the test!

Published on May 20, 2010 by R. A. Moskal

1.0 out of 5 stars Plastic gear broke
The gear mechanism advertised to increase force is made of plastic. The second time I used this juicer the last tooth of the plastic gear broke. The first time I used it was on small limes, so the thinner skin probably didn't stress it as much. Such a high stress part really should have been made of something much stronger (perhaps stainless steel).
Published on April 17, 2010 by Sam

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Citrus Juicer I've owned, May 20, 2010
R. A. Moskal "R.A.M." (Cleveland, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This Chef'n Juicer is the best Juicer I've owned.

I've have owned a bunch of the green or yellow single hinged juicers which have served well but don't last very long, either pop a rivet or the hinge breaks. They also gum up with repeated use and are difficult to clean (I think maybe the wax on the fruit??).

This juicer uses a mechanical advantage for pressing which requires much less pressure and gets most juice in one press.

The press surfaces are also more durable and easier to clean.

Own this juicer and you will not be happy using the old style.

Only con I might list is it only comes in one size (big emough for a good sized lemon) but even with the smaller limes I get a good press.

1.0 out of 5 stars Plastic gear broke, April 17, 2010
Sam "Sam" (Royal Oak, MI) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars great idea, poor execution DO NOT BUY, October 5, 2010
Justin (Pittsburgh, PA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chef'n FreshForce Citrus Juicer, Lemon (Kitchen)
Looks like a great idea: use compound leverage to increase the squeezing power/make squeezing easier.
However, there are some SERIOUS problems.
First,
do to the compound leverage design, you do have to open the handles WAY up to fit a normal sized half lemon in. So for people with smaller or weak hands: you're going to have to use 2 hands starting off because the handles will be so far apart.

However, the real problem comes with the materials used in the design. A few pieces are made of glitzy looking polished metal, but the rest is made of very soft and weak plastic. The handles bend and flex and bottom out / touch each other before the fruit is even fully squeezed.
After a few weeks of use the handles where starting to flex even more and seemed to be deformed.

After about a month of use the plastic near the hindge cracked and the unit literally fell apart. Thanks to Williams Sonoma and there awesome customer service for letting me take this back and put the money towards a better made tool.

If this thing where made out of 100% metal or even use a glass reinforced plastic or carbon fiber in place of the crappy plastic, I would gladly pay 2 to 3x the price. But with the current design, it's totally worthless.

DO NOT BUY

3.0 out of 5 stars BREAKABLE, June 1, 2011
WONDERFUL design, no question.

But the CRITICAL component of this machine - the HANDLE / GEAR DRIVE - is made of plastic.

This is NOT in-and-of-itself bad. However, if you're like me and try to squeeze out every last drop of juice, it's just a matter of time before you BREAK this thing.

Buy it, and ENJOY it (you will, trust me... it works GREAT!) But do NOT overdo it! Squeeze out the bulk of the juice, and then STOP... don't be greedy: lemons and limes aren't that expensive.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you put the limes in correctly, it works great, April 9, 2011
I almost returned this item because it did not get all the juice out of the limes. But while reviewing which juicer to replace it with, I discovered I was putting the limes in upside down. Doh! The peel goes up. Sort of the opposite way that you may expect if you have never used a juicer before. Now that I have the lime facing the correct way it works fabulously. The only negative is that the handle does seem like it may break. I treat it gently and try to distribute the downward pressure along the entire handle in an effort to avoid pressure points. I would buy this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LIMES, LOVE THIS JUICER, July 6, 2010
Easeist juicer I ever used. Gets lots of juice out even with tough fiber limes. Takes little muscle power to use. Cleans up very easily. Looks and feels like it will last forever.

2.0 out of 5 stars plastic generally disappoints, February 9, 2010
This review is from: Chef'n FreshForce Citrus Juicer, Lemon (Kitchen)
when I purchased the squeezer from la sur I queeried the clerk about how well it squeezed the juice she assured me that despite most of the plastic construction
it out performed the traditional metal alternatives .It was an extremely handsome gadget and it was the most expensive and given the clerks recommendation I purchased it. Having squeezed several lemons I am extremely disappointed so much juice was left behind its so hard to understand why such a flaw wasn"t appreciated in their engineering and testing. Really sorry to report my experience its such damn nice looking product-- Terry Mirri

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Out There!, January 4, 2011
SamIam (Arlington, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this from Amazon after doing a LOT of research everywhere. This is a very well engineered squeezer and it makes what was formerly a real chore into no problem at all. The gear reduction means you don't have to have 19" biceps (like me ;-]) to get every last drop of juice quickly. It's the perfect size for limes and I just bought the larger Lemon squeezer for lemons and small oranges. I took one reviewer's bit of advice and we wash the squeezer immediately after using it so the metal doesn't corrode. I highly recommend this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Weak design, April 21, 2010
This review is from: Chef'n FreshForce Citrus Juicer, Lemon (Kitchen)
The plastic handles are a bit flabby, so I had to "choke up" on the handles, and then a weak part of the gear mechanism snapped. Avoid this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Design - Had 2 of These BOTH Broke - Don't Buy It!, August 10, 2012
This review is from: Chef'n FreshForce Citrus Juicer, Lemon (Kitchen)
I have had 2 of these lemon squeezers. The first one broke after about 2 months of use and I got it replaced, the second one just broke in exactly the same spot, after about 2 months. As other reviewers have stated the plastic teeth are not nearly strong enough and the last tooth is the one that takes the most pressure because it is the only one engaged when finishing the squeeze. If they had used metal or added another set of teeth it would be a great juicer, but no. I don't understand why they even keep manufacturing this product - it is definitely defective.

Chef'n FreshForce Citrus Juicer, Lemon