Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Color: Lime|Change

on May 20, 2010
This Chef'n Juicer is the best Juicer I've owned.

I enjoy my Gin (Sapphire) and Tonics and like to press 1/2 lime into a drink (Fever-Tree Tonic Water highly recommended too), as well as fresh lime juice in a margarita. I put my presses to the test!

I've have owned a bunch of the green or yellow single hinged juicers which have served well but don't last very long, either pop a rivet or the hinge breaks. They also gum up with repeated use and are difficult to clean (I think maybe the wax on the fruit??).

This juicer uses a mechanical advantage for pressing which requires much less pressure and gets most juice in one press.

The press surfaces are also more durable and easier to clean.

Own this juicer and you will not be happy using the old style.

Only con I might list is it only comes in one size (big emough for a good sized lemon) but even with the smaller limes I get a good press.
11 comment|123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2010
The gear mechanism advertised to increase force is made of plastic. The second time I used this juicer the last tooth of the plastic gear broke. The first time I used it was on small limes, so the thinner skin probably didn't stress it as much. Such a high stress part really should have been made of something much stronger (perhaps stainless steel).
22 comments|116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2010
Looks like a great idea: use compound leverage to increase the squeezing power/make squeezing easier.
However, there are some SERIOUS problems.
First,
do to the compound leverage design, you do have to open the handles WAY up to fit a normal sized half lemon in. So for people with smaller or weak hands: you're going to have to use 2 hands starting off because the handles will be so far apart.

However, the real problem comes with the materials used in the design. A few pieces are made of glitzy looking polished metal, but the rest is made of very soft and weak plastic. The handles bend and flex and bottom out / touch each other before the fruit is even fully squeezed.
After a few weeks of use the handles where starting to flex even more and seemed to be deformed.

After about a month of use the plastic near the hindge cracked and the unit literally fell apart. Thanks to Williams Sonoma and there awesome customer service for letting me take this back and put the money towards a better made tool.

If this thing where made out of 100% metal or even use a glass reinforced plastic or carbon fiber in place of the crappy plastic, I would gladly pay 2 to 3x the price. But with the current design, it's totally worthless.

DO NOT BUY
1414 comments|147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2015
This is a great product. I have a couple of the lemon juicers already but sometimes I have oranges that are too large for that one. I had some trouble determining if this one really is larger than the lemon juicer. Yep...it is. I'll include a photo for comparison. As for durability, one of my lemon juicers did split at the hinge after a couple of years of pretty vigorous use. But the kind folks at Chef'n happily replaced it for me. The other lemon juicer (also a couple of years old) is chugging along with no problems.
review image
on April 9, 2011
I almost returned this item because it did not get all the juice out of the limes. But while reviewing which juicer to replace it with, I discovered I was putting the limes in upside down. Doh! The peel goes up. Sort of the opposite way that you may expect if you have never used a juicer before. Now that I have the lime facing the correct way it works fabulously. The only negative is that the handle does seem like it may break. I treat it gently and try to distribute the downward pressure along the entire handle in an effort to avoid pressure points. I would buy this again.
on July 6, 2010
Easeist juicer I ever used. Gets lots of juice out even with tough fiber limes. Takes little muscle power to use. Cleans up very easily. Looks and feels like it will last forever.
on January 23, 2015
Have been using a citrus reamer at home for lemons & limes for cocktails & amped up water.
Was looking for a more efficient upgrade to hand cranking on the reamer and found this product.
Trusted the amount of great reviews & went for it.
Here is my review: Using a large/ lemon-sized lime with thin skin, I found that this FreshForce Citrus Juicer leaves behind exactly 1tsp of juice per lime half squeezed. It's possible I'm doing something wrong but for me, that's a bit too much waste.

I've read that using a reamer makes a slightly more bitter juice because of the pith but that's not something I've ever had an issue with as a simple home cocktail maker. I'd prefer to have more juice
review image review image
VINE VOICEon June 1, 2011
WONDERFUL design, no question.

But the CRITICAL component of this machine - the HANDLE / GEAR DRIVE - is made of plastic.

This is NOT in-and-of-itself bad. However, if you're like me and try to squeeze out every last drop of juice, it's just a matter of time before you BREAK this thing.

Buy it, and ENJOY it (you will, trust me... it works GREAT!) But do NOT overdo it! Squeeze out the bulk of the juice, and then STOP... don't be greedy: lemons and limes aren't that expensive.
44 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2010
when I purchased the squeezer from la sur I queeried the clerk about how well it squeezed the juice she assured me that despite most of the plastic construction
it out performed the traditional metal alternatives .It was an extremely handsome gadget and it was the most expensive and given the clerks recommendation I purchased it. Having squeezed several lemons I am extremely disappointed so much juice was left behind its so hard to understand why such a flaw wasn"t appreciated in their engineering and testing. Really sorry to report my experience its such damn nice looking product-- Terry Mirri
33 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2012
I was actually looking for something similar that has, unfortunately, been discontinued. I have tried a few of the other ones out there that claim to be perfect and easy to use. I almost gave up until I saw this one. Some of the reviews weren't too good, saying the plastic gear looks like it could break and that may be true. However, I have had no problems and I have juiced a lot of oranges already with it. It is bulky but I knew that it was before I purchased it. I do love it and would recommend it.