Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Chef's Choice 834 Pizzelle Pro Express Bake
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Color: Silver|Change

on January 2, 2011
So, I have been making pizzelles since I was a small girl....My mom owns a villa machine which I have used since, but she felt that it was time for me to have my VERY OWN :) I was one happy italian for Christmas :) This machine makes super thin cookies and is extremely quick (on my Mom's villa we usually do 30 seconds....this one on the other hand had a cookie done is about 15-17 seconds EXTREMELY QUICK). We were impressed by how thin the cookies were, which was something that my mother's machine did not do very well.....I recommend this product highly....extremely easy clean up too b/c of the nonstick and no seasoning of the iron :) ALSO this machine makes some pretty perfect shaped cookies once you figure out the amount of dough to put on....way prettier than the ones on my moms (needless to say, she is pretty jealous)!!
0Comment| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2011
As with just about every purchase I make, I did a LOT of research. This was the best of the bunch, and had a decent price. It was delivered quickly and in good shape. The machine heats quickly and evenly, and the light is a big help. Nothing sticks to this, and cleanup was easy. Each batch takes EXACTLY 30 seconds, and there was no delay in waiting for it to heat up. I have no complaints, and am very happy with the purchase.
on February 26, 2013
I did not buy my pizzelle maker from Amazon, but used up a department store credit from my local ****. I did base my purchase on the uniformly positive reviews listed on Amazon. I'm a sucker for kitchen tools and appliances and am generally disappointed by them. I was delighted with how well this one worked. The pizelles were ready in 20-30 seconds and released from the molds with amazing ease. If you want perfect thicknesses, shape, and color, you have to experiment with the amount of batter to use, placement on the plates and timing. I found using a slighly rounded tablespoon of dough, placed overlapping the center of the plates toward the hinges gave best results for shape. The design of the hinges pushes the dough towards the front of the pizelle maker. You can always cut any overflow off the edges to get a perfect round, but generally a slight overflow gives the pizzelles an "artisan" look. I had never made pizelles before, but this was easy and quick. I would think a non-electric pizelle maker would be time consuming and frustrating. One note - the instruction booklet does not tell you to use an electric mixer to prepare the dough, but you need one if you use its recipe - because of the large quantity of ingredients.
on November 18, 2011
Absolutely the best Pizzelle iron we have ever owned. We make hundreds at a time and they are always perfect. My daughter owns a small bakery and I make them for her also. Easy to use, easy to clean...just wipe with a damp cloth. We love it!!!!
on January 15, 2011
Absolutely love this iron. It makes wonderful cookies. So very easy to use and cooks extremely fast. I would recommend it to anyone. I tried both recipes that were recommended and liked both. It takes a little practice to figure out the amount for each cookies, but once mastered, it is great.
on December 28, 2010
Short and to the point - this is an excellent item and fun to work with. And the finished product tastes great!
on December 22, 2010
I thought this was a notch below the Villa Ware machines that I have purchased in the past....I've been making pizzelles for over 40 years and this machine is almost too fast with the baking....(normally 45 seconds)....my first few were burnt since I wasn't fast enough!
on December 27, 2010
ITEM WAS USED FOR THE HOLIDAYS
IT PERFORMED GREAT EVEN THE THIN THIN ONES
WE WOULD RECOMMEND' THIS ITEM
I have wanted a pizzelle iron for years and years and the only reason why I didn't purchase one before now is for the fact that I am a vegan with Celiac Disease. This means I cannot consume pizzelles (or any Italian cookie that I love so much) made with eggs, dairy products and gluten-containing flours.

As it turns out it was more challenging for me to come up with the best gluten free vegan pizzelle recipe than it was for me to find the best pizzelle iron.

This past Christmas a very dear friend gave me a generous gift card for Amazon, so I decided it was time to get myself that pizzelle iron. I researched Amazon for all the pizzelle irons available. I then read all the reviews. Furthermore I even Googled a search for the highest rated pizzelle iron and discovered it is this Chef'sChoice PizzellePro Express Bake 834 that is always at the top with the highest marks.

I was hoping to buy a model that was made in the USA but unfortunately the American made one I was considering costs twice as much as the Chef'sChoice and isn't rated as highly either. The Chef'sChoice is engineered in USA and made in China for the EdgeCraft Corporation. It comes with a one year warranty. So based upon the consistently high ratings and favorable reviews I decided to buy the Chef'sChoice. I am familiar with the brand and have always been impressed with the professional quality of its products. In fact I have a Chef'sChoice knife sharpener that I have been using since the 80s and it still performs perfectly.

So just yesterday I received my new PizzellePro Express Bake 834 and this morning I took my test drive. I found a good gluten free vegan pizzelle recipe and went to town. The results? Fantastic, even for the very first time! This pizzelle iron is perfect. It is just my gluten free vegan recipe that needs the tweaking.

PizzellePro is a solidly made, attractive looking pizzelle iron with a non-stick surface that really is non-stick. The cookies take about 30 seconds to bake and then they release very easily. The heat is consistent and even and the iron has an instant temperature recovery that makes it always ready to bake. I was able to bang out my first batch in mere minutes. I experimented with thin pizzelles and thicker pizzelles and both thicknesses were uniform thanks to the locking latch. The traditional Italian pattern is nicely detailed too. I don't have a single complaint about this wonderful little baker!

A wooden cannoli rolling form is also included with this pizzelle iron and I am looking forward to making some gluten free vegan cannoli. I also bought separately a wooden rolling cone so that I can make ice cream cones from my pizzelles as well.

I really couldn't be happier with this PizzellePro. Chef'sChoice is indeed my choice and I am so thrilled to at long last have that perfect pizzelle iron (and the anise pizzelles) I have wanted for so long.
on May 10, 2013
This is my second purchase of the same machine - we really like it and wore out the first one making waffle cones for a small ice cream business! This is best design and option out there for home use, that's why we're buying the same machine the second time around! It has a hotter iron, so it makes the cookies faster (60-90 seconds vs. 2-3+ minutes of other machines). The downside is that the plastic latch on all of these machines (whatever brand) always breaks. This one did too. (I'm not sure why they bother to Have a latch if the rising (from steam and the batter) always breaks it off.) Don't bother with the latch - it will just break. But use a hot pad to press down on the cover for the first 10 seconds of cooking - that's the secret to making the cookies thin. We make waffle cones and waffle bowls with this as well as cannoli. The cannoli keeps for months in the freezer (just the shells). Crisp them in the oven before you use them, pipe them with filling and they as crispy as ever. We love this kitchen tool! (4.5 stars instead of 5 just for that latch issue.)