Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Gifts Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now Tikes

Size: KrumkakeColor: SilverChange

on November 6, 2006
The Chef's Choice Pizzelle Pro Express Bake is fast, and very easy to use and clean. The measuring spoon and ready light take the guess work out of making perfect three cookies at a time. The thickness of each cookie is consistent, because of the fastener clip. I have used two other manufacturer pizzelle grills and found the Chef's Choice is far superior and reasonably priced.
on March 28, 2004
This pizzelle maker is as great as you would hope it would be, and then some. Super fast, and it keeps itself so clean, you don't have to worry about clean up. This 3 inch size is perfect for snacking on, and they're easier to keep whole. Try it, you'll love it!
on September 19, 2001
I thought I couldn't live without my Cuisinart or Kitchen Aide - this product goes on the same list!!! This was the easiest, best performing kitchen "gizmo" I have ever had. A must for entertaining and holiday baking - simple, easy - no mess! Gone are the days with the "one at a time" with the gas burner!! Love it, love it!!!
on January 18, 2007
We received the Chef's Choice 835 Pizzelle Pro Express Bake appliance a few days before Christmas. Instructions are easily followed, and we were making pizzelles within 15 minutes. We made pizzelles on 2 consecutive nights for a total of 15 dozen, in a total of about 4 hours. The appliance produces excellent pizzelles reliably, it's simple to operate, and it's easily cleaned. It stores vertically with its own cord storage well, taking up little storage space. Just remember to avoid touching its metal surfaces while using it.
on February 17, 2007
This pizelle maker is quite easy to use. It regains heat quickly, so there is very little time needed between making each "batch" of cookies. This pizelle grill makes three pizelles at a time, which is a nice feature. The pizelles come off of the grill easily, which is a concern that I had when originally deciding which brand to purchase. The recipe to make the pizelles is also quite simple. I made the first pizelles with my Mom, who is in a wheelchair. The following week, she called me to tell me that she had made them herself. She was very happy about that! The Chef's Choice pizelle maker is also easy to clean, after use. Another good feature - the pizelle grill stores in an upright position, so that it takes less cabinet space.

I originally selected this brand because I also own a Chef's Choice Electric teakettle, which is well made and heats water very quickly.

FH, Marietta, Georgia
on May 30, 2010
We love the Chef's Choice 835 Pizzelle Pro because it's easy to use, and the recipe is quite adaptable. So far in the two months I've owned it, I have made over 30 dozen cookies! The pizzelle recipe is already only approx. 20 calories per cookie for the 3" size this unit produces. I prefer to use non-GM oil such as safflower or peanut, no Crisco or canola or corn, as these products are GM (genetically modified). I have used crushed pineapple and its own juice for flavoring, as well as all natural peanut butter (1/3 cup for batch of fifty). Add a little vanilla in the peanut butter batch. With only six ingredients, it doesn't take long to experiment and come up with the right batter consistency. This unit does just fine if you follow the initial instructions and try different settings to get the results you personally like. My husband likes his on 2, I like 4! About 45-50 minutes once a week supplies us with all the cookies we can eat and share, healthier ingredients, and far less fat and calories than storebought, all without using the 220 oven to boot! This has been a great investment all the way around to satisfy the sweet tooth, natural ingredients, electricity use and time!
Diabetics can substitute Splenda and the only sodium in the recipe (inc. all natural Peanut Butter!) comes from the 1 tsp. of baking powder, so they're great for low salt diets. Haven't experimented with Stevia as a sweetener yet, but I will!
on November 3, 2006
I bought this to make pizzelles for a travel program I was doing on Italy. The pizzelles came out nicely and were good. I used one of the recipes that came with the baker. Be sure to use the small measuring spoon that comes with it--it does give you the right amount for each pizzelle--even so, some of mine were ragged--but that just confirmed that they were homemade. Cooks fast and evenly. You are warned in the accompanying literature to be careful that the top of the baker will get hot--it does! Guess how I know that? I would buy this maker again--I'm pleased with it.
on July 8, 2007
I ordered this after reading many reviews. This is a great pizzelle maker, the smaller size was just what I was looking for. I am able to make multiples at one time, that's great!! These make great ice cream sandwiches. They also make nice gifts by putting a stack in cellophane bags tied with a ribbon. VERY NICE...HIGHLY RECOMEND.
on February 6, 2010
This Pizelle Maker is great for a quick and easy cookie dessert. I had read many reviews of all the different types and brands. This one I like, as you can store it easy, there is no long handle which takes space away.
Although used to the swiss pizelle iron which is a great material quality (and they cost here in the US around $300.00), this iron is just as good for once in a while pizelle baking. I used a swiss pizelle recipe which makes a thicker dough, you roll little balls and then just bake. I had abit a hard time with the timing, when exactly the cookies were done, so I just lifted the lid and checked. All in all I am happy with this pizelle maker. I am baking this year Valentines pizelles, Vanilla, Chocolate and Pink!
on January 10, 2013
In March 2010 I did a search and decided upon the Villaware Pizzele baker. Went to do my usual 3 large double (6 egg) batches of pizzele cookies for Christmas (2012), and after throwing away three slightly different recipe batches, thinking I had changed my recipe from the previous year, I decided it was probably something wrong with the appliance, itself. Further research proved that the results were consistent with the appliance not heating up to a high enough temperature. So, on to another search for the elusive 'perfect' pizzele baker appliance. I narrowed it down to two: the Chef's Choice 835 Pizzelle Pro Express Bake and the Cuisanart WM-PZ2 Pizzele press. After reading the reviews of both, and finding out the Cuisanart has a plastic latch that breaks, and that the latch is not a replaceable part, I called Cuisanart. No, they have not fixed the problem, yet. So, I went with the Chef's Choice 835 Pizzelle Pro Express Bake, instead. Yes, the pizzelle are 3 inches instead of 4.5 or 5 inches, but that's ok. Smaller cookies, and smaller Cannoli, is ok, too. I like this baker. It does take about 1 minute 10-15 seconds for each batch, but that is the same as for my previous ill-fated Villaware pizzele baker. I received it in the mail, yesterday, and last night I made a small (3 egg) batch. With it, I made 9 Cannoli wrapppers, and with the rest of the batter, I made flat Pizzele cookies. The baker comes with one wooden dowel for making cannoli. I already had three 7/8 wooden dowels that I purchased from Art Supply store and cut to 5.5 inches which I had used for 5 inch cannoli wrappers with my previous ill-fated Villaware Pizzele baker. So, I will just purchase a smaller diameter wooden dowell rod to make more cannoli forms for the 3 inch pizzeli this baker makes. The recipe in the book is nearly identical to the one I use, except that we like the cookies crisper, and so I leave out the baking powder, unless I am making all cannoli, then I'll use the baking powder to have slightly less crsp cannoli wrappers. They do crisp up some with baking powder, it just takes a bit longer, overnight.
I am very pleased with this baker. Hopefully this brand/model will last more than a few large batches a couple of times per year. P.S. The Villaware, if it lasted, was a good model, while it worked. BUT, Villaware, now owned by Jarden Consumer products, no longer make a Pizzele baker. There are only 4 Villaware products left in that line since Jarden purchased Villaware. They did offer 20% discount on another Villaware item, since my Villaware was out of warranty, but with only 4 items in line and nothing i needed, and they weren't willing to extend the 20% discount across their brand offerings ....
My next pizzele cookie batch will be my gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-fee version that I made and gave away last Christmas (2011), and were a big hit! Esp. (and surprisingly) with the older Italian ladies in our church ...