5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a double griddle for my new GE Profile cooktop!
Published on July 6, 2000 by Donna M Wilkinson

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice! ....but does have one major flaw...
When I first got this, I absolutely loved everything about it, such as:
1) Solid, heavy griddle that does not warp
2) Fits perfectly over our gas cooktop
3) Heats evenly
4) Large enough to cook 8 pancakes at once (or 6 large ones)
5) Food does not stick at all with a light coating of oil
6) No large handles poking into your stomach as you are...
Published 18 months ago by Hummingbirds

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a double griddle for my new GE Profile cooktop!, July 6, 2000
Donna M Wilkinson (Duncanville, Texas (south Dallas)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chef's Design 11-by-19-1/2-Inch Ultimate Griddle (Kitchen)
My family enjoys a large breakfast on Sunday mornings. That means a lot of pancakes! My old double griddle warped on my new GE Profile Cooktop and I went in search of a griddle that would work on a smooth surface. As soon as it arrived from Amazon.com, I started cooking! The surface was evenly heated and the pancakes were as light and fluffy as ever. What a great product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Griddle, May 30, 2000
This review is from: Chef's Design 11-by-19-1/2-Inch Ultimate Griddle (Kitchen)
I purchased this griddle for making breakfasts (pancakes, eggs, bacon, etc.). It works great. For fitting over two burners the griddle heats very evenly. I can get eight pancakes at a time on the griddle, which is great when I'm cooking for more than my wife and I. Clean up so far has been a breeze. Haven't tried out it's claimed thawing properties.

5.0 out of 5 stars This really is good enough for a Chef!, March 27, 2001
Mike (Bloomington, In USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chef's Design 11-by-19-1/2-Inch Ultimate Griddle (Kitchen)
I have been a professional chef for 15 years, with training at the CIA in Hyde Park, NY, and just received my griddle yesterday. We have company over and I was really looking forward to cooking a big breakfast on my new griddle. Was it ever great! Medium heat is all you need, it heated evenly and I was able to cook bacon, sausage and eggs over easy all at the same time. With a family of 5, we used to eat in shifts, but not any more! It also seems that the non stick surface is better than any other non stick pan sets that I've owned. Tomorrow its pancakes on the menu!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Griddle, October 7, 2000
This review is from: Chef's Design 11-by-19-1/2-Inch Ultimate Griddle (Kitchen)
I use this griddle for EVERYTHING. It is so versatile, and very easy to clean. Nothing sticks to it hardly. I use it for Eggs, Pancakes, Grilled Cheese, Hashbrowns, Bacon, Sausage, Hamburgers, Steaks. It is so wonderful. I threw about 5 other pans I have away, there is no need for them. I have a family of four, and it works great at every meal. The heavy aluminum feels just like cast iron, but being aluminum spreads the heat very quickly throughout the entire pan causing cooking to be very even everywhere on the pan. Its a godsend. I love it. It's worth every penny spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars ang, September 11, 2011
This review is from: Chef's Design 11-by-19-1/2-Inch Ultimate Griddle (Kitchen)
This is the best griddle I have come across! I took me a year and I tried two others before finding this one. This one disperses the heat evenly, I don't think I have made better bacon before this griddle without having to watch it carefully and move it around so it would cook evenly. I usually have left over bacon after breakfast, but not since I got this. I can even cook other stuff while the bacon fries and not worry about moving it to cook evenly. This griddle ROCKS! Seriously I tried the Chef King 10 Gauge Steel griddle first and it only got hot where the gas burners were. I then turned to the Cuisinart Green Gourmet and it did the same thing. I donated them to Salvation Army. This is the best griddle ever! LOVE IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, April 8, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Chef's Design 11-by-19-1/2-Inch Ultimate Griddle (Kitchen)
We bought this griddle to replace our ancient electric non-stick griddle. The non-stick on this product works great - we don't even need to use Pam spray for pancakes. Would definitely recommend it

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Griddle, Good Warranty, May 25, 2001
JW (Simpsonville, SC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chef's Design 11-by-19-1/2-Inch Ultimate Griddle (Kitchen)
I've enjoyed using this item, but it does produce hot spots despite its claim to the contrary. I cook over a medium heat as suggested and have found that the portion of the griddle over the largest element cooks quickly while other portions cook much more slowly. I must cook pancakes over the hot spot in order to get them to brown. I do have an older stovetop so please bear that in mind. All-in-all, however, it met my expectations and I still enjoy cooking with it. The surface is very good as long as you clean it properly and avoid abuse. It is truly non-stick and quite large.
As long as you don't expect perfection and are prepared to use it per instructions, you should be happy with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't wait to get it !!, June 22, 2003
This review is from: Chef's Design 11-by-19-1/2-Inch Ultimate Griddle (Kitchen)
Now that I have it, I am just as thrilled as I hoped I would be. This is a great griddle, fits my stove perfect, and is so easy to clean. It is heavy and needs short time to heat up, but wouldn't do such a great job if it wasn't. I did link sausage on it after parboiling slightly and they browned beautifully. Also did home fries, and eggs over easy the next morning. Works like a dream. I am very impressed with the nonstick coating, and plan on getting alot of use out of my new griddle.
Just want to add, I have had it 2 months now and wouldn't want to be without it. I use it for anything I want "grilled" fried, or just browned. It is much more useful than a "ribbed" grill. It browns beautifully, I have done everything from pancakes & eggs to burgers, pork chops chicken or breaded ham cutlets. I strongly recommend this grill to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars SO FAR, SO GOOD..., December 24, 2012
This review is from: Chef's Design 11-by-19-1/2-Inch Ultimate Griddle (Kitchen)
Well, I have to say we like this griddle. It is the second one we have purchased made by Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry in Manitowoc, WI. We also have the double sided grill/griddle. We like both for different uses. This griddle is great for frying up potato pancakes, which require a little more oil for crispness, due to it's raised sides. The raised sides also make it easier to get the spatula under the pancakes for flipping. No sliding off the griddle with this one! It heats fairly evenly and is still very no-stick after several uses. It washes up easily, the major problem being it is large, so hopefully you have a bigger sink basin. It could be just a tad shorter for my liking, as it does hang over the edge of the burners on my gas range. It just barely fits on the (Kenmore) range top, but fit it does. We can fit 8 larger pancakes on it at a time. The price is very reasonable for this very heavy-weight, sturdy flat-bottomed griddle. We would purchase again and if we encounter future problems, I will update this review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well on flattop range, April 30, 2012
This review is from: Chef's Design 11-by-19-1/2-Inch Ultimate Griddle (Kitchen)
We bought this after visiting some people with one. We replaced an aluminum (non-cast) griddle that would never sit flat on our flat surface range. The Chef's Design for the flattop range really does sit flat providing wonderfully even heating across the surface. The non stick coating used on this appears to be far superior to the normal brown teflon and cleans up easily.
And it really does thaw things out quickly!
The only flaw (and a minor one at that) is that there is not a specific fat drain off spout on any corner.

Chef's Design 11-by-19-1/2-Inch Ultimate Griddle