Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

We drink a lot of water in our house and we entertain quite a bit. It's always nice to have a pitcher of water on the table to easily fill the water glasses during a meal rather than having to get up and run to the kitchen to refill. We also happen to like to infuse our water and up until getting this pitcher, we used to slice a piece of lemon or lime and just drop it into the glass before adding the water.

Now we have a better way. This plastic pitcher (shatterproof and dishwasher safe) has a compartment for ice so it cools your water. And here is something else to consider... lots of the time the ice coming out of our freezer has a freezer burn kind of taste to it... well when you put the ice in the plastic cooling rod, it does not mingle with the water so it eliminates that taste. Perfect.

The other great feature of this pitcher is the infuser compartment at the bottom. A simple twist and it comes apart allowing you to put in whatever you'd like to flavor the water with. We like to use sliced lemons, limes or oranges. But we often use peppermint leaves too. It gently infused the water with a light, refreshing and palate cleansing flavor.

This is a great pitcher and of course it can be used without the cooling rod/infuser if you wish. Just unscrew it and remove it.

I was provided a sample for review.
44 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 100 REVIEWERon January 17, 2014
I was provided a Chef's Star Fruit Infused Pitcher with Cooling Rod for testing and review and was asked only to give my honest review, so this is what I found.

What You Should Know Before You Buy:
♦ Nice design with locking cooling/infusion rod that attaches to the lid.
♦ Does a good job of infusing water with flavors.
♦ Looks great and pours nicely.
♦ Will not cool a warm beverage much, but will keep an already cold beverage cold longer.
♦ Lid will float and pop out with only ice in the cooling rod, but adding some water will weigh it down.

Conclusion:
Overall, this is a very nice pitcher. It did a good job of infusing water with lemon flavor when inserting lemons into the infusion pod. I also added ice to the center cooling rod and locked it into the lid. When I put in the rod and lid, the lid would float because of the air still in the center cooling rod. To fix that, I just added some water in with the ice in the cooling rod to weigh down the lid. The ice did a good job of keeping already cold water cool a little longer, but it isn't enough ice to cool a warm pitcher of water. The pitcher poured nicely and looked great. If you are looking for a pitcher that offers options for infusing flavors into water and helping keep a drink cool, this pitcher is worth consideration.
I just recently gave up my diet caffeine-free sodas for water. I didn't want juice for all the Calories, but I longed for some flavor. Enter this Fruit Infusing Pitcher. I am so happy to have this. I put in some cut up raspberries and out came lightly flavored like just like the waters we can buy in the stores. Yum.

When done, I just take it apart and put it in the dishwasher. I love kitchen gadgets that are dishwasher safe.

The one thing that doesn't work that well is the tube that holds ice. It does make the water cold, but it's not as cold as if the ice was actually in the water. If we have water in the pitcher, there's no reason not to put ice directly in the water. If it's some other drink, putting ice in the tube will help prevent the drink from getting watered down. It is removable if you don't want the tube and infuser. If you want to use the infuser, the tube is attached to it. You don't have much choice.

I don't mind the tube at all, if it means I get the infuser. It's great to always have flavored water around whenever I want. It's inexpensive, healthy, and tastes great.

This product was provided for review by Dakota Trading.

______________________

ADDENDUM: I would like to add that when the tube is used, ice or water needs to be in it to weigh it down or else the tube will float the lid off.

UPDATE 1/13/14: Although the box did say this pitcher is dishwasher safe and I have washed it a number of times in the dishwasher, it is beginning to develop cracks. It does not yet leak. I will be hand washing it from now on. It is not truly dishwasher safe.
on February 2, 2014
After years of having "Drink more water" on my goal list I am finally doing it. Trouble is that I don't like water. I do like sugary drinks but wanted to be healthy so I would try to gag down water. I bought this with the idea that I would add a little sugar to the infusion and it would still be better for me than soda. BUT I discovered lemon infused water is something I do like! Finally, success.

This is working for my husband as well. I also immediately ordered a pitcher for my Mom and she loves it as well.

About the core floating: Just fill the column with water when you change out the fruit. The lid floats because it contains a sealed column of air. I like to fill it with warm water. That increases the amount the fluid circulates which makes the infusion stronger more quickly.

I selected thus pitcher because it can also do iced coffee although I haven't tried that yet.
on June 29, 2014
This is a pretty simple product. You put the fruit in the ball at the bottom of the cooling rod and then put the ice in the rod. Simple enough and it works.

HOWEVER if you don't put any ice in the buoyancy of the fruit pushes the entire lid ("fruit ball", cooling rod, and top) right off. You can play with it and sometimes find a way to get it to stay, but any small bump, even just setting it down, and the thing will shoot right back up.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 15, 2013
I like water, but sometimes I need a little bit of flavor diversity. This is a good option for infusing your water with flavor.

EASE OF USE: While a person could slice some individual pieces of lemon or lime in a glass, this pitcher permits the user to have a greater quantity of infused water waiting and ready. To use the pitcher, the user removes the lid that is attached to a cylinder. Only a portion of the cylinder is utilized for the infusion process and it is a little ball that itself screws off of the cylinder portion. The ball portion can be filled will fruit and/or herbs and then screwed back onto the cylinder. The cylinder itself can be filled with ice for those that desire a colder beverage; ice is not necessary for a good infusion. The cylinder cannot be filled with fruit or herbs because it has no slits, so it would contribute nothing to the infusion process. There are many combinations that I personally used for infusions, including lime and basil, strawberry and lemon, strawberry and mint. Frozen fruits or fresh fruits can be used in the infuser. At 2.8 liters, it provides about 96 ounces of beverage.

INFUSER ATTRIBUTES: The slits on the round infuser are relatively large. Therefore, if you do not want pieces of herbs floating in your infused beverage, the herb pieces will need to be fairly large. Mint leaves and basil leaves will need to be relatively whole. (Granted, herb leaves in your water will not harm you.) As you might imagine, given that the slits would allow finely chopped herbs to escape, the infuser would be inadequate for loose leaf tea infusions. The ball portion of the inner cylinder cannot be used alone and left to float around in the pitcher to allow for more liquid to be infused, as it is attached to the aforementioned long cylinder that can be filled with ice.

PITCHER QUALITY: The product is described as shatter proof. While I did not drop my pitcher to test this claim, I did use it over the course of several weeks and it didn't develop any cracks on the bottoms or sides. While it may be shatter proof, it is not scratch proof. Removing the lid of the unit, lead to tiny scratches around the rim where the side of the pitcher meets the lid. The pitcher top does not have a locking mechanism. It is therefore important to keep a finger on the pitcher's top to prevent mass spillage when pouring.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: I think this is product to consider if you want to drink more water. Selecting your own flavor combinations can be fun, and some work is removed from the process if you infuse the equivalence of several glasses of water as opposed to one at a single time. The capacity of the product is not huge. I wish that the ball portion of the infuser could be fully detached from the cylinder to allow the user to infuse more liquid, as it is a fairly small pitcher.

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: The product's origin was not noted on packaging or on the product itself.

I received a Chef's Star Pitcher from the seller for review.
I enjoy iced tea throughout the year, but some of my favorites come in the "to go" type packets rather than in a canister. The pitcher in and of itself is not attractive, but once I added my tea to the water it took on a look of its own. The center portion has a cylinder in which ice can be put in to keep whatever liquids that are in the pitcher cool without watering them down. I made sure that my water had already been refrigerated so I could immediately serve it up.

There is an infuser at the bottom of the cylinder that will hold a cut up lemon, small orange or other fruit. If you like lemon water, simply squeeze the lemons into the water, put the rest of the lemons in the infuser, and leave overnight. I've got an orange in mine and some floating in my tea, a nice combo.

FEATURES:

☼ Enjoy refreshing lemon water, raspberry iced tea and more
☼ BPA-free Pitcher has a removable rod that can be easily filled with ice, and the bottom portion with cut lemons, limes, raspberries, citrus wedges, or any fresh fruit
☼ Open slots in the bottom rod allow liquids and fruit to mix naturally
☼ Do you hate when the ice cubes melt, and the melted ice water gets diluted with your drink, thereby altering the taste of your drink ? The Upper Rod is perfect for placing ice cubes to keep your beverage chilled, while avoiding the melted ice water from mixing with your drink
☼ This clear pitcher looks very attractive in any setting, and can be filled with fruit that match color theme of any event

The only thing I found problematic with the pitcher is the tendency of the cylinder to float up. I simply turned the top of it to hold it down. I did want a lot of tea in the pitcher, but if you put in less the problem goes away. The capacity is 2.8 liters, enough to make a good amount of any beverage you want. The infuser can be removed and set aside if you don't care to use it. BPA-free I like and will be using this pitcher a lot. I love it that I can infuse any beverage with fruit or whatever I like. This would be a perfect container for making sun tea on a hot summer's day.

Sample provided for review.
on April 8, 2016
I am a huge water drinker especially when you infuse it with my favorite fruits. This is how I keep my soda consumption down. I love mint cucumber water. It is refreshing and cooling. I love this pitcher cause the mint stays in the pitcher rather than in my drinking glass.

Product Description:
Enjoy refreshing lemon water, raspberry iced tea and more
• BPA-free Pitcher has a removable rod that can be easily filled with ice, and the bottom portion with cut lemons, limes, raspberries, citrus wedges, or any fresh fruit
• Open slots in the bottom rod allow liquids and fruit to mix naturally
• Do you hate when the ice cubes melt, and the melted ice water gets diluted with your drink, thereby altering the taste of your drink ? The Upper Rod is perfect for placing ice cubes to keep your beverage chilled, while avoiding the melted ice water from mixing with your drink
• This clear pitcher looks very attractive in any setting, and can be filled with fruit that match color theme of any event

I received this product for free or at a discounted rate in exchange of a UNBIASED AND HONEST review.
on May 12, 2014
Not practical as a fruit "infuser" as the ball is too small to hold much (barely holds 2 very small lemons)but if you just want to add some lemon to ice tea for some flavor, it would be suitable for that. I tipped the ice holder over on my counter as I was filling it and it broke, not very good plastic either.
on November 24, 2014
This infusion pitcher is functional, and does a decent job. The infusion section is very small, and the insertion for Ice is nice. I find this product neither bad, nor great but satisfactory for the price point.