Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mary Carpenter Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

on December 22, 2011
Wanted to do a "beach in a ball" for a Christmas gift. The globe was wrapped wonderfully as to prevent any scratches or breaks...
The two halves snap together nicely, and are large enough for my craft needs. If I had a complaint, it wouldn't be on the product, rather
the slow shipping from the company...no biggee.
review image
on August 18, 2011
Got the product it was 4 inches like described but the one I got actually is two halves that come apart. Worked perfect for me, but if your looking for one solid globe this isn't it
on July 16, 2015
The photo doesn't show the seam, or the part that sticks out for the hanger. (I've posted photos of those, so you can see better.)

The construction is fairly sturdy. I filled it with water, and dropped it on a desk (by accident!) from about 3 inches, and it didn't split apart (to my amazement), nor crack or anything.

The shipping method... may be cause for concern. Mine arrived in excellent condition, but it was packaged in a plastic bag, with some tissue paper between the two nested halves. This little plastic bag was just tossed in loose with the other contents of my box. If there had been any major shifting, the plastic could have been damaged.
review image review image
on November 26, 2012
Works perfectly for Deadmau5 helmet eyes. You only need to buy one since it comes in two halves that you can pinch together into a globe.
on October 21, 2012
Ordered this for the eyes to a Deadmau5 helmet, and they worked well. One item was enough to do both eyes. They were nice and clear, perfect for what I used them for.
on July 3, 2015
If you need this for a craft project that will be on display, I would look elsewhere. Mine arrived with a superficial crack in the dome, meaning - you can't feel it but you can see it.

I bought it for making bath bombs. It might be too big for that though.. I will only try it on really special ones, perhaps. You definitely want a smaller mold for regular bombs, I think. I have not actually tried it yet. I'm a bit worried because it is very stiff to get apart. Order with cation... with I would of gotten something else!
on May 11, 2012
I ordered two of these and I am pleased with them as I am going to heavily modify them for a craft project. HOWEVER, one of the globes came with two of the same sides and thus cannot fit together as shown in the pictures. It's not a problem for me as I will be taking off this feature anyway, but be aware when ordering you might get parts that won't fit together. I don't know how the seller handles things like this since I didn't contact them because, like I said, I don't be need them to be able to fit. But be aware that you might not get the proper fitting pairs if you order more than one.

There was also a small crack in one of the halves, but it's small and I will be painting over it anyway.
on June 9, 2012
I didn't buy this sphere for crafting, I bought it to practice drawing from. Spheres are something I have tremendous difficulty drawing, and visualizing through them as though they were made of glass. This clear plastic ball is in 2 pieces that tightly fit into each other which I knew from the preview pictures. This functions as a perfect ellipse to study from, which works wonderful with the transparency of this ball.

Like Preston blair would do to eggs, I drew with erasable marker, cartoon eyes along the ellipse, which thanks again to the transparency of this sphere makes for some good study of what goes on beyond the see-able edge of the form.

The ball also has a small part coming out from the ellipse which you can fit a string through which I didn't notice in the pictures.... I use this as the nose of the character, which conveniently points which way the face is pointing.

Better then I hoped for my purposes, but I can also see this would be good for it's intended purpose of crafting too.

5 out of 5.
on September 19, 2013
I have never seen such a simple order go so terribly wrong. What a piece of crap. It will literally cost me more time and money to return this garbage than it was even originally worth. I saw someone else had a similar experience. I have no idea how such a stupid mistake could occur twice...probably more as I am sure not everyone reviews the items purchased. I would not recommend purchasing this or any product from this company(as anything else would be more difficult an order than a 4 inch plastic ball).
on July 9, 2013
I was looking for an acrylic globe for a small project that I was working on and this product was perfect for the job. The photos and description describes the product exactly so if you are unsure that the product might turn out different, no worries. However, when i first ordered the globe, it was cracked, but the seller managed to send me a replacement. Over all, this is a good product and I do recommend this to those who need it.