5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for all Cher fans !, August 5, 2003
Karen Brown (Tunkhannock, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cher Scrapbook (Paperback)
I admit that I was a bit skeptical when I bought this book but to my surprise this was a fantastic book. It is filled with tons of pictures and information about Cher's life and career. I have been a fan since the Sonny and Cher show, collecting all kinds of memorbelia and this had information in it that I never knew before. It is a true must have for any Cher fan !

5.0 out of 5 stars "Cant Put It Down" !!!, March 31, 2003
E. Fagan "Classic Movie Buff" (Deerfield Beach,Florida USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cher Scrapbook (Paperback)
Finally die hard Cher fans can now own a book with all the answers to the questions that have always been on your mind.Each page is filled with interesting info on the Diva herself.The pictures(and there are many of them) are beautiful,and some can even be removed and framed for display! The book is easy reading...but interesting reading.It touches on everything from Chers personal life to her life as a celebrity.The stories themselves are very detailed,and not vague as would be in rag magazines.The info is from Cher herself.I recomend this book to all.It promises to be informative and extremely enjoyable!

5.0 out of 5 stars The "Living Proof" Directory of Cher, November 11, 2005
This review is from: The Cher Scrapbook (Paperback)
The Cher Scrapbook was an item on my Amazon Wishlist until my friend Chellie bought it for me for my Birthday. I'm forever grateful to her, for doing this. That's what I love about Amazon Wishlists! And, this book is a gift that keeps on giving, because it's packed with oodles of Photos of Cher & loads of information I never knew about. I've been a Cher fan since 1980 and haven't learned so much about Cher until 2005! Seriously, Mary Anne Cassata talks about Cher's wigs, collectible toys, Cher impersonators, fan clubs, rare & out of print music and all kinds of interesting stuff, including Cher's most personal quotes & info on her romances. There's just so much to learn about Cher, it's not even funny. And, many times, the fans & media turn a deaf ear to the real woman behind Cher, stalking her for publicity photos & tabloid trash. If they only knew the real woman behind the face...

This is the List of Contents (Chapter-Wise):
04- The Seventies: Cher-Superstar
05- The Eighties: Unmasked on the Big Screen
06- The Unmistakeable Cher Style
07- The Nineties: Turning Back Time
08- The Top Ten Cher Myths: Truth Or Hype?
09- Do You Believe In Love? The Men in Cher's Life
10- Cher on Film
11- The Top Ten Cher Scandals
12- What People Say About Cher
13- Cher Speaks Out
14- Cher Trivia - Including the Ultimate Quiz
15- Millenium Cher: Do You Believe?
16- Cher: Astrologically Speaking
Appendix 4: Sonny & Cher: The Albums
Appendix 5: Cher Guest Vocals on Other Artists' Albums and Movie Soundtracks
Acknowledgements
About the Author

When my package arrived in the mail, I wasn't ready for such a thick carton. And the book itself is quite big, measuring at 8.5" X 10.75" and exactly .5" thick. That's quite good for the price! Due to the weight of the book and the glossy cover, it's easy to drop the item while reading it, which can crease the cover or pages. I haven't dropped mine, but I'm saying it as a precaution. The Cher Scrapbook is a unique conversation piece or coffee table book, because it will certainly win over the reader with one look. Let me get one thing straight. I'm not one for tabloid trash & being a paparazzi toward a celeb, but I did enjoy the much "lesser-seen" photos of Cher without her wigs and makeup. She's a normal woman like anyone else, with a 40 year career to back up her life-story. Mary Anne Cassata knows Cher personally, so I don't mind reading the info from a 2nd party.

There are minor errors in the book (you find them yourself). I don't want to be a spoiler. The photos alone make this book worth owning...and it's a great gift for any Cher fan, old & young alike. The book has 207 pages with writing or images on them. I recommend you buy the book brand new, rather than 2nd hand. It's a high-gloss and looks pretty impressive. Order it for yourself and you'll agree, this book is a fantastic addition to any Cher fan's Memorabilia or book collection. I also recommend Cher's Autobiography "The First Time", in hard or softcover.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Photos Alone Make This an Excellent Book to Own!, December 28, 2003
This review is from: The Cher Scrapbook (Paperback)
Mary Anne Cassata has compiled a true fan's book about one of America's most interesting and endearing popular culture icon: Cher. It contains more than 200 pages of Cher images over the years and that in itself is a trip down memory lane. From the early days to the release of "Living Proof" the book is a plethora of information and fun tidbits. My only gripe is the factual errors, or opinions stated as fact that appear in the book. However, let's not quibble. All is well-intentioned, and overall it is a Cher fan MUST HAVE!
Kudos to a job well done and now everyone should rush to order it.
- Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Photos, Great Stories, and CHER GREAT OVERALL, May 16, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Cher Scrapbook (Paperback)
This book was great. Going over the life of one of world's favorite people...CHER. The collection of photos and stories of the icon was awesome. I love the book and I can't put it down, cause it's so good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cher, the Celebrity, January 29, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Cher Scrapbook (Paperback)
This is a great overview of Cher's Celebrity Career. Lots and lots of great photos. Answers to all the gossipy questions that have been floating around for years! I also purchased the Elton John Scrapbook, and it is much better only because there was a section on his music, describing the songs and circumstances with each of his albums. The Cher Scrapbook could have benefited with a musical section similar to that. Overall, very entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT NOW!!!!!!, February 4, 2005
This review is from: The Cher Scrapbook (Paperback)
If you're a Cher Lover you should already have this collection of pictures, info and facts about the greatest Diva of all time. It's really cheap for having tons & tons of pictures inside. I highly 100% recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Testamony, July 25, 2003
John Mccarthy "John J McCarthy" (TINLEY PARK, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cher Scrapbook (Paperback)
A Great Testamony to Chers Awesome Career! A must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything and more you have always wanted to know about CHER, The photos are very rare and the writing is knowledgable..., August 16, 2013
This review is from: The Cher Scrapbook (Paperback)
I have loved anything CHER does because she always bounces back from a crsis and comes back in better and more talented each time, my friends used to call her a joke and I always said she will come back better than either, just wait, well I have won that bet over and over..

In the "If I could turn back time" concert audiences throw sailor hats at her and she continues to sing the song w/o losing her place in the song. She is also a very generous person who gives a lot to charity and even was invited into a surgery on a patient she helped paid for her education,etc., to the craniofacial organization for children..

I am proud to be the one who sold the CHER wardrobe on ebay with dolls and a lot of doll Cher memorabilia to a fan who gave to Cher's charity, I often wonder who has it now..

I have met her once at a book singing herein L.A., CA,and she stayed until every fan had her signature or cd signed, that was in the Believe part in her life, she is truly an amazing and honest woman

then her movies came along.

Fans I spoke to, want the CHER and the Sonny and Cher shows to be released, but Cher has the
rights to some of her cds and shows, so it it really all up to her.

I had to email Jimmy Webb to get that info..on her STARS and I PARALYZE cds, I can't believe she wouldn't want ALL HER CDS to
be released, maybe in a boxed set so all her fans, children and adults,so all who have never heard her voice on her old and new cds could hear all her music.

Merci,
Toni N.
A gay man I spoke to about this wants them all to be released, as for me I'd love the Diectors cut of all her movies or blu-rays
as soon as possible, a fantasy would be Tina T. and CHER giving a concert together..

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read but some misinformation, October 4, 2003
warren Simeon (Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cher Scrapbook (Paperback)
I have been a cher fan for 31 years and was happy to get this book due to some rare pics of her, but reading thru this book I couldnt help notice quite alot of misinformation about her, especially items that I have heard cher talk about and deny but this book still states it as fact. Although this person maybe a cher fan as well who wrote it I think some of the information was taken from the tabloids due to inaccuracy. I think any PURE cher fan will understand what I mean when reading this book. Other than that I LOVE the pics

The Cher Scrapbook
The Cher Scrapbook by Mary Anne Cassata (Paperback - November 1, 2002)
Used & New from: $25.47