Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on December 27, 2011
"Cherry Blossom Capers" is a Christian fiction {romance/suspense} book - part of the "Romancing America" series. I absolutely LOVED this book! It was a really great read! The book was a four-in-one type book, but all four of the "mini-books" were related, which I really liked! The book is based on four women neighbors (who are friends...and share "movie nights" together), with each woman being featured in her own story. In each of the four stories within the book, one of the four women ends up being in the middle of a dangerous situation. And, while trying to figure out what is going on...they each end up falling in love! This book had everything I love to read combined - drama/suspense {reminded me of Nancy Drew} mixed in with a little romance {but not too sappy}! (After reading this book, I am definitely interested in reading other books from the series.) I thought the entire book was well-written, easy-to-read, and hard to put down!! I would HIGHLY recommend this book! 5 out of 5 stars!!!!!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received an e-book edition of this book free from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
on February 4, 2012
Set in Washington, D.C., Cherry Blossom Capers tells the story of four women in four stories that are connected, but separate. The four women live in condominiums that allow them to keep friendly track of each other. Tara Whitley is an assistant chef at the White House who runs into an old friend searching for a breach in the security there. Ciara Turner is an attorney fighting for women and children in divorces when she and another attorney become prime witnesses in the murder of their old employer. Samantha Steele a budding archeologist is caught up in a forgery scheme at Mount Vernon. Susan Holland stumbles into danger when she inherits a mansion from her uncle. All four women depend on each other and God to see them through to safety, encountering love interests along the way.

Christian fiction is often bland and uninteresting. Cherry Blossom Capers has interesting characters, and interesting action to keep the reader involved. All the characters suffer trials and stumbles in their day-to-day lives as they attempt to live according to their beliefs. Possibly the four different authors lend the characters such separate personalities that they it gives the story more depth and perhaps one author might achieve. Interesting book, written with an interesting format. I really enjoyed it.

Received Galley from NetGalley.com
on January 6, 2012
In Cherry Blossom Capers, you will meet four women with unexpected stories. My favorite is the third story, Buried Deception, with its twists and archaeological spin. I am an anthropology major who always loves a good read concerning the field I am interested in. Each story is created with a unique plot and wonderful characters. They were easy and pleasant reads, and I recommend this collection of sweet love stories to anyone!
on January 5, 2012
Four delightful tales set in the Washington DC area. All four of the authors have woven their stories together and have there heroines live in the same condo area of Cherry Blossom Estates. Love how their lives are interacted in all four stories.
The first story is State Secrets by Lynette Sowell, and is Tara Whitley and Jack Courtland's romance mystery. The setting...the White House. Tara is a Chef, and Jack is an FBI agent. They have a past, and haven't seen each other since they were both living in Paris. Now there is a noted threat at the White House and Jack is assigned. When you think you have it all figured out...guess again!
The second story is Dying for Love by Cara C. Putman, and is the story of two opposing attorneys Ciara Turner and Daniel Evans. They discover the body of their mentor Judge together, and now want justice. You wonder if they can trust each other enough to work through their problems. A real sweet story!
The third story is Buried Deception by Gina Conroy, and is Samantha Steele's and her two children Alex and Callie story. There are a couple of suitors and the setting is Mount Vernon Estates...wow!! There are some missing artifacts and forgeries added to the mystery here. You wonder if she will end up with Nick Porter or Cody Sparks, there is also murder, kidnappings and break ins.
The fourth story is called Coffee, Tea and Danger by Frances Devine and is Susan Holland and Vince Martinelli romance, if they will accept it. This story is quite a mystery, when Susan's Uncle dies and leaves her the family mansion, it seems someone want to do her in? Vince lost is beloved wife several years ago, and even though he is attracted to Susan, isn't sure he wants to find romance again. Very short, but delightful story!
Throughout all of these tales, there is one strong love of God that comes through and trusting to follow his will!!

I was provided with a copy of this book through First Wild Card Tours, the Publisher Barbour, and Netgalley, and was not required to give a positive review.
VINE VOICEon March 17, 2012
Writing a novel is hard enough work for one person. Writing a novel with four authors I can imagine would be a challenge, but one that every single one of these authors pulled off with finesse.

Every single one of the novellas in this collection was a great read. With characters that cross over into every one of the other books, the authors stayed true to the characters their co-writers had also created.

"Lovers and Lawbreakers" is the tagline for the novel and its a great description of Cherry Blossom Capers. It includes great setting, good characters and talented authors that put it all together. My favorite stories though would have to be by Cara Putman and Gina Conroy (debut author). It's a quick read, one novella can be read in about a short amount of time, but the authors didn't scrimp on characterization or the importance of story.

A fun and well-written collection!
on June 30, 2012
In Cherry Blossom Capers, four authors share the novellas of four different women who find themselves in the middle of a mystery and love.

State Secrets by Lynette Sowell: Tara Whitley, chef at the White House, can't believe when her old boyfriend Jack Courtland shows up at the White House to work a case. Not only does he want to take her out to dinner, but he also wants her to help him on his case.
I like the FBI aspect of the story and the character of Jack. However, Tara was a pushover. Jack walked away from her, but she the one to keep trying to make it work, telling him she loves him (and he has to take time to think about it). I found that annoying, which made this my least favorite of the four novellas.

Dying for Love by Cara. C. Putnam: There was a time when Ciara Turner thought she had a future with Daniel Evans, the guy she clerked with in law school. After a few years of being on opposite sides of the courtroom, Ciara sees they have no future. When the two discover the body of a judge, they are forced to work together instead of against each other. Will they find they still have sparks?
I liked this story, but it felt like Daniel and Ciara's chemistry was a little bland until the end. Still, overall good read.

Buried Deception by Gina Conroy: Samantha Steel, archaeology intern and widow, is desperate to survive and support her children on her own. When her rambunctious son breaks an artifact in a museum on the first day of internship, Samantha has to deal with Nick Porter, the reserved and cold security guard who lost his own family. When they discover the broken artifact is a forgery and the thief begins trying to kill Samantha, they must work together to find the one responsible.
This one may have been my favorite, particularly because Samantha is such a strong character. I liked her spunk and felt she was the best developed heroine in the collection.

Coffee, Tea, and Danger by Frances Devine: Susan Holland loves owning a small coffee and dessert shop, but when she becomes the owner of a mansion, her dreams start to expand. Vince Martini is in charge of renovating the house and becomes Susan's protector as her life is in danger from someone who wants secrets hidden in the house.
I loved that the author gave us a heroine who is older. Most Christian fiction stories deal with women in their 20s or maybe 30s. We need more independent women in their 40s as lead characters.

I read this collection a plane ride, and the short, fast-paced stories made the time fly by. (Pun intended.) I liked the added mystery to the romances.
Fans of Christian fiction who are looking for a beach or plane read, this is the book for you.
I received this book in exchange for my review. My thoughts are my own.
on August 19, 2012
Cherry Blosson Capers
Cara Putman, Gina Conroy, Frances Devine, and Lynette Sowell
Book Summary: Four women encounter love, danger, and mystery beyond their neighborhood near Washington, DC. Tara Whitley, assistant chef at the White House, helps FBI agent Jack Courtland unmask a state-dinner saboteur. Attorney Ciara Turner and her nemesis Daniel Evans investigate a judge's murder. Archeologist intern Samantha Steele almost loses her nerve and children when she and security guard Nick Porter investigate a forgery at Mount Vernon. Coffee-shop owner Susan Holland and builder Vince Martini encounter danger in her late uncle's mansion. Can these couples trust God with their lives and love as they track down killers and culprits?
Review: These were page turners. I enjoyed the characters and how they intertwined with one another. I enjoyed the mysteries along with the relationships between the characters. It was like stepping into the world of these women and how easy it was to feel like a part of the stories while everything is happening so quickly in the start of the stories. I really like the first story the best and that really helped to make the others enjoyable.
I would like to thank Net Galley and Barbour Publishing for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone.
on January 5, 2012
I absolutely LOVED this entire collection. While it's a collection of 4 books in 1, the stories were extremely well written and highly captivating, so this was a fast paced read. I would turn each page to each story, and find myself thrown into a completely new twist or turn and there were times I thought I things figured out and then one of the authors would hit me with a new puzzle piece, and I'd have to start the guessing game all over again. That was awesome!

But, today, I'll focus on one story....<em>Buried Deception </em>by Gina Conroy. This story was a novella that really gripped me. I was tossed around with the amazingly created characters and I never knew where I would land. As a single mom, I could relate to the struggles that Samantha had for wanting to be independent and care for her children. BUT, at the same time, hunk ex-cop Nick has trust issues. I totally can relate to him, too. Watching Nick and Samantha try to find the clues to the missing artifact while trying to keep their lives, was intense. So, between Nick and Samantha, I felt every issue, every emotion, every adrenaline rush as if it were my own. I LOVE that in a mystery. Mixed among the mystery is just the right amount of romance between Nick and Samantha, and the perfect amount of inspirational message for relying on God and trusting in Him to lead the way, no matter what situation your in.

I definitely recommend this 4-in-1 novella collection by some fantastic Christian authors. It's a high 5 Book worthy, two thumbs up collection that will keep you guessing, and leave you feeling like you've made some fantastic new friends! These authors are talented and their work is sure to be on my future reading list now!

This review originated at Reviews By Molly in part with a blog tour.*This review is based on a complimentary copy which was provided for an honest review*
on January 16, 2012
My Thoughts on this book!

This book is 4 short stories written by for wonderful authors, all new to me. So I am really thrilled to read and review this book. I enjoyed all four of these stories, and want to do a short review of each, since they were written by different authors.

State Secrets by Lynette Sowell

Old flames FBI agent Jack and White House Chef Tara meet again at a State dinner at the White House. Jack asks Tara for inside help trying to discover who wants to cause trouble at the dinner, which causes them to spend too much time together. Old feelings begin to spark, but can Tara trust Jack again after walking out on here years before? Can they trust God for their future?

Dying for Love by Cara C. Putman

Morning routine in court places Ciara in the wrong place at the wrong time, discovering the Judges' body. Daniel Evans, a man she once clerked with wants Ciara's help in tracking down the killer. The only thing, Ciara and Daniel's world clashes because they do not see eye to eye on work ethics. And having once being attracted to Daniel, can Ciara ignore her feelings for Daniel if she works so closely with him on the case? Daniel knew he must trust God with his future, because his mentor, the Judge was a strong Christian and taught him to rely on the Lord.

Buried Deception by Gina Conroy

Archaeology intern Samantha Steele and Security guard Nick Porter's first meeting just didn't start too well. Finding a broken artifact in a museum is a fake, they had to rely on each other to find out what was going on, or it could be deadly. But Samantha just seemed to get on his nerves, as did her two children. Will they turn to the Lord for safety and guidance with the case, and with their lives?

Coffee, Tea and Danger by Frances Devine

Coffee shop owner Susan Holland loves running her little shop, and likes her calm lifestyle. That is until her uncle leaves her his run down mansion, turning her life into an uphill spend, and dangerous at that. With help from Vince Martini, she survives her difficulties but could she gain a husband in the process?

Living in the Cherry Blossom Estates, neighbors Tara, Susan, Samantha and Ciara are best friends and keep an eye on each other. You will enjoy reading each ladies story as you journey through this book. I enjoyed the romance and suspense as I followed these four ladies in their jobs and social lives with the men in their lives.

This is a great book if you want a fast quick read. Even though they stories have some of the same characters, they are completely different so you can read them separate. I encourage you to grab a copy for a nice and wonderful journey of romance, love and suspense.
on January 21, 2012
This book contains 4 novella's that tell the story of 4 neighbor ladies who live in a townhouse complex in the Washington D.C area.

What I liked: I enjoyed this book of 4 stories quite a lot. Even though each story was short I felt the authors did a good job developing the characters and plot in the short time frame of the story they told.

What I did not like: Not much actually. The hard part of reading short stories for me is rating them a little different then normal novels. The romances have to be fast. In the back of my mind I am thinking the characters have only known each other for a few weeks but then I remind myself it's a shorter story.

I am not going to rate each story for this book because I liked them all equally. This is a great book for a quick fun read. I thought the mystery along with the romance was great and again even though each story was short they where well told. I also liked how the characters over flowed into the other stories which make it fun. I highly recommend this book!