4.0 out of 5 stars Birds love 'em but they break easily
Published on February 8, 2011 by GL

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but ineffective
Published on July 23, 2011 by trbrocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Birds love 'em but they break easily, February 8, 2011
This review is from: Cherry Valley Feeder Garden Gem Hummingbird Feeder 3 piece multi-pack (Lawn & Patio)
The birds love these, especially the red one. I would prefer to buy all red ones. The purple one broke before I could hang it - the plastic they're made of is very fragile. I've found it's best to fill them fuller to reduce wobble when hanging. They are very easy to wash. Their washability and their popularity with the birds is why they have a high rating. Otherwise, I'd give them a 1 or 2 star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable & Functional, August 30, 2011
A friend ordered these for me after seeing a message I posted on Facebook about wanting to get a feeder because of hummingbirds visiting me on the front porch while I was having my coffee that week.

Yes, they're plastic, but, like another review said, if you don't plan on using them as a pinata, then there shouldn't be a problem. (If they're broken when you get the, call Amazon for an exchange.) I have discovered that you can't actually let them go "empty" because after the liquid level gets about an inch down, they can't reach the liquid as well. But it's not good to leave the sugar water our for too long without changing it anyway because bacteria can make the birds sick.

I have a steady stream of hummingbirds on my front porch & back deck now & it's hilarious to watch these territorial little creatures run one another off!

Here are some pictures I've taken the last few days of the hummingbirds at my [...](You'll have to copy & paste the whole link.)

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but ineffective, July 23, 2011
At first glance these appear to be the perfect hummingbird feeder. Small, light weight, brilliantly colored......but that's as good as it gets. Upon arrival I found two of the three feeders broken (they're made of a brittle plastic that fractures easily). It's very difficult to pre-fill them because they do not have a flat surface and slide around when perched in the top of a glass for filling. Also if prefilled, they tend to spill when you are hanging them, no matter how careful you are. Finally, they have a very small capacity which means you will be filling them every other day at best...and that's if the ants don't get to them first and contaminate the "food". Very disappointed in this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for beginners/procrastinators and recommended by the hummingbirds, February 22, 2012
I recommend this set of 3 small, brightly colored Cherry Valley Feeders for every beginner learning to feed hummingbirds for the first time and for procrastinators who need a solution that reminds them to keep the hummingbird nectar fresh and the feeders clean. This multi-pack set of 3 make a perfect and colorful gift for any birdlover among your family or friends.

My greatest concern as a bird-lover and procrastinator was the thought of accidentally leaving a feeder with nectar out, unchanged and spoiled. These little feeders are so small, however, that the birds drink the nectar up rather quickly. I am forced to bring them inside to clean and refill them fairly often, which is exactly what I am supposed to do. They guarantee that I will not procrastinate in maintaining my hummingbird garden.

When I first started using these tiny hummingbird feeders, I didn't think it would be easy to clean them, and I knew that I was going to have to clean them fairly often. Surprisingly, they are easier to clean than you might imagine by looking at them. Hot water and vinager swished around inside, or using fingers and soap to wipe the inside of these feeders is not difficult at all.

I also highly recommend these little feeders because the hummingbirds recommend them. I have several different feeders out at present, and they ignore almost all of the others. They like these little colorful feeders much more than the standard kind. Even coloring the water does not attract my hummers away from these little ones. I think I, also, like the idea of hanging a dozen of these multi-colored bulbs around my doorstep instead of those boring feeders that are just glass with a red base. It's like Christmas for the birds all year-long!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy fixes for the complaints listed in other reviews, September 23, 2011
These are great feeders, the birds love them. I bought mine here but at [...] you can get the same 3 for $8.71! And if you don't like the purple one, if you take a thick Red Sharpie marker and go over the outside, but not near the yellow flowers around the holes, it comes out red red just like the red one. You don't have to be extra careful coloring except it takes a good 20 minutes to dry. It doesn't come off either, even after hand washing. You don't have to do the cap. The birds don't care. And to make them easy to fill, just set them on top of a "rocks" glass a wee smaller then the widest part of the feeder. It makes them stable and easy to fill and carry to the hanging site outdoors. (Less spills!) I hope this helps people who complained about these things. The birds are constantly at these feeders, and they are cheap. You can't go wrong... except they are a fragile plastic so treat them like they are glass and you'll love them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Break easily, hard to hang when full, cheesy!!, July 29, 2012
I think this is my first 1-star review and I might have made it lower if I could. These are very cheap plastic. One broke the first time I hung it. They don't want to hang level, so the nectar drips out and draws ants. The hummers didn't go near them - always went to my other feeders. And, they are stinkers to get clean. If they hadn't been so inexpensive to begin with I would have returned them. There are some much better quality feeders out there that will last longer, be easier to fill and hang, and clean easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars the hummingbirds LOVE them!, August 28, 2011
They are smaller than I thought they would be, BUT, the hummingbirds flock to them!!! I am thrilled with these little feeders.
By the way, don't use hummingbird food, the dye is not good for them, use 1/4 cup sugar ( I use organic sugar) to 1 cup warm water
instead of the bought mixture. There are more hummingbirds than I can deal with !!! They LOVE it so much more, and it is better for them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Add color to your yard, July 5, 2011
I bought these hummingbird feeders for my sister. She has a lot of hummingbirds visiting every summer, and has has the standard plastic feeders with red tops and bottoms. These pretty little feeders are an inexpensive way to brighten up the yard. They're small and need refilling often, so I wouldn't recommend them if this is something you won't keep up with. But they're so colorful, and the birds just love them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, but not great..., April 11, 2011
Lizhar (Tallahassee, FL) - See all my reviews
These hummingbird feeders look attractive from your computer, however they're made of very cheap and flimsy plastic. Hanging from a distance, they again look nice, but I have yet to see a hummingbird.

3.0 out of 5 stars cute but best for the wild, August 13, 2011
They are cute little feeders, but difficult to hang without spilling and larger birds tip the feeders and splashes of nectar fall to ground. If you don't have them on your patio or a place you have to clean up, they are fine.

Cherry Valley Feeder Garden Gem Hummingbird Feeder 3 piece multi-pack