Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on May 23, 2013
Easy to install and fit perfectly on my 2005 Chevy 2500HD. Be careful when installing this item by not doing a "practice fit". You may end up getting it stuck on and then have no way to safely remove it to apply the tape for permanent installation.
on October 29, 2012
A replacement item at a fraction of my local dealers price, quickly shipped, and easily installed on the vehicle. A no brainer, I will consider this option for all my do-it-yourself parts in the future.
on April 10, 2014
I own a 1999 GMC Sierra and my son owns a 2001 Chevy. These bezels tend to fall off easily, I see GM trucks from this body style missing the bezel all the time (must be a design flaw). These replacement bezels are very affordable and with a little care will last for years. I would epoxy them into place, but I had to remove mine once to replace a part when my tailgate wouldn't open. So I just buy these in pairs and I'm prepared to replace it when it goes missing. They are very easy to install, and these are the first ones I have gotten that have the double stick foam on the back, maybe that will help it stay on better.
on January 29, 2013
It seems like every other Chevy Silverado from this era that you see on the road is missing this piece - I own a 2001 and mine broke off late last year. I attempted to stick it back on with 3M tape but that wound up working for about 20 minutes, so I finally ordered this product. It arrived very quickly and I was very pleased with the quality of the product as it feels heavier/thicker than the stock piece but not so much that it won't fit properly. Install was a snap; just remove the sheaths from the adhesive pads, guide the bottom prongs in first and push the top end in until it's firmly seated. You're done!

I purchased 2, thinking I'd have a spare in case I lost another one, but I was shipped 3 of them by mistake. Appreciate it, guys!
on February 19, 2013
This tailgate bezel was very inexpensive, and shipped to my house immediately. The only reason I gave it 4/5 stars was because there were no instructions with it. As I set it in place, it appeared like it might snap in place with a slight tap. With a slight (and I mean slight) tap, both of the top clips snapped off. Luckily it came with some sticky tape that also holds it in place so I just left it on and for the price, I can just order another one if/when it falls off. I have gone through a car wash and about 400 miles and it is still on!
on March 20, 2013
After arriving home with a purchase, I discovered that my tailgate bezel had given up the ghost. Looking at the local Chevy store parts dept. gave me a little insight..............not! Basically I found that I should stop by the bank on the way home and get a second on my home to finance the Bezel............That said, I started looking on line for a replacement and found the one I ultimately purchased from US Auto/Amazon. I orderded two because of a review that I read alluding to easy to break tabs. I still have the other one I ordered.

Not one installation problem and it looks and fits great. Best of all, with the money I saved, I can buy my wife a new car!! Seriously, you won't go wrong with this product if you just use common sense with the install. That could be a challange for some*.

*Note other reviewers and I have an extra Bezel if someone falls into that group!
on October 7, 2013
This bezel is held in place by two plastic tabs and two double sided pieces of tape. When I installed it one of the two plastic tabs broke. Now i'm not sure if it's because the tape was grabbing and I didn't have it perfectly lined up or if it's just cheap plastic. Either way it only cost me a little over $5 and I would have expected this piece to cost over $20. With the broken tab it still stays in place because of the tape.

So if anyone buys it and reads this, I would suggest taking more care than I did about lining it up before snapping it in place.
on May 4, 2013
This is a perfect fit replacement part that snaps easily into place. There is however no key hole. Didn't notice that when buying, my fault.

The tree stars is for delivery. The part cost $1.25 and about $3 delivered. Yet the box came USPS requiring a signature so the postman didn't leave it and wanted me to go the Post Office to pick it up. I was in the Post Office a few years ago and I don't go there anymore. When I told the seller to go to the Post Office and get it then it arrived at my house. Just unnecessary BS.
on December 16, 2015
I received this item today. when I opened it from the sealed envelope I noticed one of the clips was broken off. It isn't worth the hassle of returning it but it is no better then the broken one I had. I will drill it and put a self tapping stainless screw in it to hold it in place, which I could just as well did with my original one.
on November 4, 2013
Well, for the price I'd thought I would take a chance. True meaning to "You get what you pay for!"
The statement "Fit & Quality Guaranteed" on the product page obviously isn't worth its weight...

Reasons for bad review:

#1 Plastic Tabs were out of alignment.
#2 Not Mfg. anywhere near OEM standards.

The only thing positive, was the shipping. Item arrived in 3 days via standard shipping after the
order was placed. However, I'll be sticking with "OEM" parts in the future.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse