|Item Weight||3 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||9.4 x 3.5 x 3.3 inches|
|Item model number||65740|
|Manufacturer Part Number||65740|
|Vehicle Service Type||all-terrain-vehicles, utility-vehicles, street-sport-motorcycles, off-road-motorcycles, street-cruiser-motorcycles, street-touring-motorcycles, street-motor-scooters, snowmobiles, marine-personal-craft|
This item, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping
- Instant streaming of over 40,000 movies and TV episodes
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.49 shipping
+ $6.95 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Chevron 65740 Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner - 20 oz.
FREE Shipping for Prime members Details
This item will be shipped by ground transportation and may take up to 5 business days to be delivered.
|You Save:||$8.75 (56%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Cleans, restores, protects the entire fuel system (fuel injectors, carburetors, intake valves and combustion chambers)
- Restores: lost power, acceleration, lost fuel economy, and operation of the fuel gauge sensor
- Reduces: rough idle, engine surge, hesitation, and spark plus fouling
- Improves: cold start performance, and fuel stability for up to one year
- Automobiles and trucks use every 3,000 miles or at your next oil change. All other gasoline engines use as needed (motorcycles, dirt bikes, boats, ATVs, RVs, water craft, lawn care, etc.)
|Special Shipping Information: This product may not be available for 1 or 2 day shipping due to federal regulations that require it to ship via ground ship methods only. This product can only be shipped within the 48 contiguous states.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Optimize your MPG
Every time you fill your tank, you expect to drive a certain amount of miles on it. An engine that's caked with deposits makes your engine work harder - less efficiently - every mile. So next time use Techron Concentrate Plus to help ensure maximum fuel economy.
Keep it Clean
Fact is, gasoline is a mixture of hydrocarbons including ethanol and other impurities. As it travels through your car's fuel system, harmful carbon deposits can form on critical engine parts. Techron helps remove these deposits, restoring lost power and performance.
Techron is a unique and powerful fuel additive
What is Techron?
Techron is an additive technology that works to get the most out of your engine thanks to our patented fuel additive technology which is trusted by motorists, mechanics and auto manufacturers the world over. You can use Techron and when you do it will clean your engine, leading to better performance, lower emissions and maximum fuel economy.
What does it do?
Engines are designed to work at their best when they are clean and modern engines are designed to work with finer tolerances and at higher temperatures. Techron works molecule by molecule to prevent deposit formation, and in the case of deposits left behind by low quality gasoline, works to remove those deposits.
How does it work?
Techron is proven to be effective at keeping both modern and older engines clean. The result is maximum power, lower emissions and maximized fuel economy. There have been significant advances in engine design including hybrid and direct injection spark ignition technologies. These engines are designed to work at their best when they are clean. Even microscopic amounts of engine deposits can adversely affect performance.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
About 10 years ago (circa 1998) I performed an overnight
experiment using three fuel injector cleaners. Techron
was one of them and I cannot even remember the name of the
other cleaners. But, here is an account of what I did:
I took three old sparkplugs with noticeable carbon deposits
and placed them in individual containers and then I poured
samples of the three fuel injector cleaners into the
separate containers to immerse and soak the sparkplug tips
overnight with the separate fuel injector cleaners.
24 hours later the Techron successfully dissolved the carbon deposits
and the other two "fuel injector cleaners" did NOTHING!!!!!
So I decided to use the Techron fuel system cleaner
on my Cadillac with a Throttle Body Injection (TBI)
system -- which was starting to hesitate
on acceleration and had developed an engine murmur.
I was so impressed with the Techron results that
I became a loyal Chevron station customer
(Chevron gasoline contains Techron).
Since my conversion, I have never had problems
with the Cadillac or any Fuel Injection System.
I even get Chevron when I rent cars -- that is how loyal I am.
A few months ago my Mother's Toyota Sienna developed
a similar murmur and I told her to use Techron -- problem
solved with one 20 oz bottle.
My Mother lives in Illinois (Chevron stations are few or non existent)
So, she must use the concentrated bottled Techron.
Later, her truck also developed a terrible murmur.
It was so bad I did a tune-up on it
(sparkplugs, distributor cap, rotor, timing, air filter, etc.)
Murmur did not go away.Read more ›
Allow me to give you a couple of tips based on a lifetime of experience.
* If you haven't moved over to synthetic oil for your oil changes, it's time to shape up. As a rule and you really need to know this, there is no wear and tear on a car engine, once the engine is warmed up to normal operating temperature. The only wear is on start ups while the car is heating up. This is why you shouldn't start a car in winter, and 15 seconds later jump onto an expressway. The engine needs to warm up. Synthetic oil flows better, and easier, and quicker, thus less wear and tear getting to that normal operating temperature you need. Chemists call it viscosity. BMW and Mercedes change synthetic every 10,000 miles or so. I change about every 7,000 miles, but higher is okay. Also, get yourself a top-notch oil filter. The filters in the quick change places are about 25 cent to 50 cents, their cost. I buy the top of the line anybody's as long as it's top of the line. Some manufacturers have 3 or 4 different quality filters for the same car, so buy the best, and if you take it to the quick change oil shops, they will used your filter and give you a discount on the oil change.
* Transmission fluid - either change the fluid every 25,000 or 30,000 miles, or NEVER CHANGE IT.Read more ›
Here's a little history on how Techron was originally created, right from one of those local Automotive Tech School radio programs a few years back:
"It's not necessary to clean injectors - that's really not much of a problem any more, but it's more for keeping the intake track clean and the deposits off the intake valves. Techron is something that Chevron developed in conjunction with BMW some years back. They basically set the industry standards for intake valve cleanliness. BMW cars - they're very precision machines - they really had some drivability problems when intake deposits accumulated.
"It didn't take a whole lot of time, we're talking 15,000 to 20,000 miles and things were starting to happen there. Initially, BMW's fix for this was for you to take your car into the dealership's service department, and the technicians or mechanics would partially disassemble the top half of your engine to gain access to the intake valves or the ports, meaning that they had to remove the manifold and some other components to physically get access to the intake valves. And then they would use like a little sand-blasting piece of equipment, only the medium used was ground-up walnut shells, to physically clean those deposits off. This wasn't practical to have people come in every 15,000 - 25,000 miles to have the top half of their engine disassembled so they could shoot walnut shells at it.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Used this for decades with always excellent results. Good to run through system once or twice a year. This is 20oz and can treat 20 gallons of gas.Published 18 hours ago by W. Ortega
IMO, one of the FEW products out there that actually works. I use this in a tankful once a year. It works and it's worth the price. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Billy B
Did not notice any positive changes in my vehicle. Shortly after using this product I had a fuel injector issue where somehow it broke and shot fuel into the oil. Read morePublished 15 days ago by JennJ
I have not tried many other brands, but I can say with confidence that this additive has noticeably made my SUV run much more smoothly/easily as well as upped my MPG by 2-3. Read morePublished 18 days ago by William Bowen
This stuff is great. I bought this when it was on sale for $4.99. I typically use products like this once a year in each car. Read morePublished 19 days ago by stingray2772
Fuel treatment is designed to keep your fuel system running up to specs. You can't get more mpg or hp out of your car than what it was designed to do. Read morePublished 20 days ago by Mr. Anon
Yesterday I stopped and bought gas at the place that I always buy gas on the way to a party about 12 miles from my home. Read morePublished 23 days ago by TzTerri