4.0 out of 5 stars Just an old-fashioned love story...
Cheyenne Warrior is a beautiful love story with humour and heart-stopping moments. Pato Hoffman is simply gorgeous and Kelly Preston, whilst struggling with some daft dialogue at times, can still manage to portray emotion in the right places most of the time. ( Note I put Mr Hoffman first - he deserves it!)
A feel-good film that I put on the TV on a grey, rainy day...
Published on January 27, 2002 by Marguerite

1.0 out of 5 stars Pato a great actor
Published on June 18, 1999

4.0 out of 5 stars Just an old-fashioned love story..., January 27, 2002
Marguerite (Milton Keynes, Bucks England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cheyenne Warrior [VHS] (VHS Tape)
A feel-good film that I put on the TV on a grey, rainy day whilst snuggling down into a comfy sofa with a large glass of wine to alternately cry or sigh into! Knowing the ultimate, desperate fate that awaits the Cheyenne of this era there must surely be material there for a subsequent film on Hawk? Especially in this time of renewed interest in the injustices perpetrated against those people?
Buy this film and watch it when you're on your own and don't have to succumb to pressure to agree it's corny ... it's just an old-fashioned love story - enjoy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheyenne Warrior - great movie, September 17, 2003
This review is from: Cheyenne Warrior (DVD)
Just a quick note to say that I thought this was a wonderful movie. It was entertaining and believable at the same time. I admit I had to break out the tissues at the end.
I also really enjoyed the producers/directors' commentary on the DVD. Usually I find them boring, but this one held my attention and I found myself wanting to ask questions about some of their comments.
I have since either rented or purchased all of Pato Hoffmann's other works that I have been able to find.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why are there not more A.Native films on DVD?, March 31, 2004
This review is from: Cheyenne Warrior (DVD)
This film is so exciting and the DVD is full of interesting details about the making of the film, where and how it is made and the details about the disputes over the script were fascinating-I would be giving it away if I told you what they were. Pato Hoffman was perfect as the vibrant cheyenne warrior chief Hawk, where has he been all my life ? Where is he acting now, as I cannot get Naturally Native and The Sentinel on DVD ? I have now bought Geronimo and Wild Bull to see him in action but it would be great to get more recent details of where he can be found as his fan website seems out of action.
This film is great value and has the sexiest actor I have seen in a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hart warming Performance ..Excellent Portrayal of life., December 20, 1999
Gary L. Sego (Rio Rancho, New Mexico) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cheyenne Warrior [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This 1870's Epic of the American Frontier, was excellently scripted and well directed not to mention the superlative performances This heart warming tale of two people from two different worlds,Loosing almost all that is Near and Dear to them, fall in love, a different yet realistic twist in dealing with RUNAWAY PASSIONS OF THE HEART. Pato Hoffman's Performance cemented this classic into my video library.

4.0 out of 5 stars cheyenne warrior, February 17, 2000
This review is from: Cheyenne Warrior [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Like the other reviewers, I believe Pato Hoffman deserved top billing. His interaction with Kelly Preston created great chemistry. I believed they should have devoted more time in the movie toward the development of their relationship. Pato Hoffman's character development was great. He played a native american who displyed humor, kindness, great character as well as someone the viewer could relate to. I was disappointed that the people writing the script chose to take the "safe" way out & have Kelly Preston leave Hawk at the end. I think it should have ended with them staying together - unless they decide to do a sequel. In that case, they could have Hawk going to see her & renewing the relationship.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pato a great actor, June 18, 1999
This review is from: Cheyenne Warrior [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I notice that other reviews commenting on the omission of Pato Hoffman's name from the list of stars of this film have been removed. I consider it insulting that the Anglo actors are credited while Hoffman, who is the Cheyenne Warrior, is ignored in the credits. This is clearly a case of institutionalized racism and censorship of the concern being expressed by American Indian fans of Hoffman. His portrayol is so genuine that one forgets he is acting. He creates a character rich with complexities - a fully developed human being. While the vast majority of movies portray American Indians as monosyllabic stoic statues - this man is a man with love, humor, intelligence, confusion, compassion - everything. He is a man. Hoffman should be honored with top billing and yet he is totally ignored. He uplifts everyone else in the film. And yet - his name is withheld from the credits. Why??????????

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheyenne Warrior is a MUST SEE for indian western fans!, October 5, 2007
This review is from: Cheyenne Warrior [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Cheyenne Warrior is a lovely film, with romance and action. I highly recomend it and I'll give it a dice cast of 6!!!
It tells the story of an white woman and a wounded warrior, who must stick together (weather they like it or not) to survive. And as time goes by they even fall in love with one another. But their different nations keeps draging them apart...

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent plotline, good acting, editing sometimes lax, November 23, 1998
This review is from: Cheyenne Warrior [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Pato Hoffmann's poignant portrayal of Hawk is the highlight of this movie as he plays a sometimes tough, sometimes funny, sometimes sad, Cheyenne sub-chief interacting with the white world presented him at a trading post set, I would guess, in southern Colorado or northern Oklahoma, in the 1870's. If you can get around the sometimes hoaky costuming, language re-dubbing, and makeup, as well as the lack of seasonal changes, by viewing the plotline and acting only, this movie is worth viewing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A realistic love story, June 27, 2013
This review is from: Cheyenne Warrior (DVD)
It'd been about 20 years since I'd seen this film and I'd forgotten about it. Then I rekindled my love for Westerns. I'd remembered it again when I saw Pato Hoffmann in Dr. Quinn Medicine woman. He's such a wonderful actor.

This is a great movie yes some of the direction is a little off but hey with the low budget they probable had I mean it was done well. But that's why I love Westerns you really don't need to be perfect with them or have a high budget.

Just a good ol fashioned Romance/Western.

I love the characters especially Rebecca she's tough and doesn't complain but endures. I love it when Hawk tells her she's too Stubborn to be an Indian captive.

Cheyenne Warrior
Cheyenne Warrior by Mark Griffiths (DVD - 2005)
Used & New from: $8.94