Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Price:$32.95+ Free shipping

on May 9, 2011
This device does actually work. When you start snoring it give you a little muscle twitch just under the device on your wrist. I pretty much leave it on max so it wakes me up when I snore. That way I can adjust my sleep position. It's nice that it uses a standard AAA battery. It turns off after 8 hours so the batteries last longer. My only complaint is the small replacement pads will run out eventually and I need to find out how to get more. You can apply a bit of water to the pads each night to keep them working good.
22 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2011
It worked on me, but not my wife and brother.
Maybe because they are a little over weight.
I do recommend the product.
It actually has helped my breathing.
My lungs are not congested. Both of my nostrils are open.

One thing, the Hivox comes with little gel electrode stickers that conduct the small shocks.
You soon run out and find that replacing them is hard to find them and expensive to buy them.
But I just use a gel. Any kind of liquid that won't evaporate by morning.

-----------------------------------

I've stopped using it because the electric shocks were cooking my skin, or I'd still be using it.
Now I have to find something else to stop snoring.
33 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2012
I bought this product thinking it would help my snoring problem and preventing my gf from waking up in the middle of the night to put on ear plugs. However, just after 1 day of using this product, I figured this product was very uncomfortable to use let alone work at all. For one, you would have to sleep with no covers over yourself - this means it is cold at night and you want to cover your whole body (excluding your head) this device would not work because the covers would somehow "filter" your snoring making it useless. With this being said, the only position you can sleep is flat on your back, you would not be able to sleep sideways unless your hand is positioned ackwardly so that the device mic is free from any obstruction. The instructions that came with it also says that it recommends that there shouldn't be any noises from a/c, heaters, etc. because it will throw off the device. To sum this up, for this to work you would have to sleep completely flat, can't move around otherwise theres a possibility you're obstructing the device mic, and when you sleep it has to be completely quiet (free from external noises other than your snore). I returned this product because basically it's hard to make this product work.
on August 5, 2012
I don't think it so much cured my snoring but reduced the impact upon my partner, which was good for her. More importantly it stopped me from talking in my sleep which in the past has really freaked out some partners. The downside is that I seemed to feel like I had sleep deprivation after a few days of using this product.
on August 25, 2012
The device induces a small electrical shock when it detects the sound of you snoring, talking in your sleep, or whatever. Problem is my neighbors dog likes to bark at night when he hears something, and the device gives me a shock every time the dog barks. Because I received the shock mostly at night when I am asleep, I have now been subliminally conditioned to react to the expectation of an electrical shock when I hear a dog bark. I cringe when I hear a door bell, an emergency vehicle siren, or a bump in the night because these sounds make the neighbors dog bark and I have been mentally conditioned to expect a shock. Now I know how a shivering Chihuahua feels...
1212 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2013
My wife really hates my snoring. HATES it. So I've been trying out various devices to try and give her a better nights rest.

This one seemed great. Not intrusive and easy to use. So I ordered one.

Lo and behold, the first night of use my snoring was reduced dramatically! So much so that my wife was calling this a MIRACLE product!

And then came night two. My snoring was back... with a vengence! This device would still turn on and the lights would light up... but it sure wasn't working anymore. No more 'pulsing' at all.

I reached out to the production company about a month ago but have not heard back. I will be reaching out to Amazon shortly to get a refund.

Try at your own risk!
on July 29, 2014
I have bought this in the past and was quite happy with the results, but it seems that the manufacturing has changed. The first clue was that the instruction booklet was so poorly translated that it was comical to read. The device quality is not what it has been in the past. The most important thing of all is that it does not seem to detect snoring any longer. When it stopped working, I thought maybe it had dropped on the floor, so i ordered another one. I had the same results that it wont detect snoring. Now there is also a red indicator light on the wrist side of the device that wears out batteries quicker. I am not happy with this.
on March 25, 2015
It is plastic and felt really cheap. I had a hard time getting to work at first, but eventually it did. On the upside it kind of worked one night.
The downside is it stopped working the next night.
I could never get customer service on the phone.
on December 16, 2012
I have tried many items in order to see if i can stop snoring (very disturbing for my wife ). I have sleep apnea and used to sleep with CPAP machine .
since I got his item . I have reduced my snoring like 80% , dont use the CPAP machine anymore and am very happy . I bought a second unit in order to have areserve . fully recommend this product . works fo me
on December 7, 2012
Having had a real Snore Stopper that worked - for a few months, I was thrilled to find the same thing for 1/3 the price. Well, wich I would have spent the money on a "real" Rolex instead. This thing is total junk. It will shock you if you mash the test button long enough, assuming you can get the undersized (as compared the real thing) volume control to work. However, it has not ability to detect sound. So, totally worthless for the intended use.

I should have realized when it took 4 weeks to arrive it wasn't coming from the normal factory.

Oh yeah, the instruction book is in 5 languages, none of them English. Go figure.

See 1 answered question