4.0 out of 5 stars very fun
Garfield with a green fro, FUN STUFF. lol. I had fun planting it and watching it grow. it looked pretty gross the first few days of growth, but after the green came, it was really fun.

Published on February 18, 2008 by M. Kott

3.0 out of 5 stars Died way too quickly
We followed the directions, but the plant died after only a couple of days of growing the plant. We continued to water and provide sunlight. Disappointing.
Published on May 2, 2010 by Leslie

4.0 out of 5 stars very fun, February 18, 2008
M. Kott "Busta" (Southern Indiana, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chia Garfield Handmade Decorative Planter, 1 Kit (Health and Beauty)

DON'T MAKE THE FULL AMOUNT OF SEEDS. The instructions tell you to make 2 tsp of seeds and that is WAY too many..and I had to throw about half of the mixture out. I think that amount is enough to cover the original Chia, but Garfield's growing surface area is a different size. So next time I plant it, I'm going to only use 1 tsp of seeds. [it comes with "enough for three plantings" but I'd say you can do it 6 times with the amount they give you]

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun to look at it, not fun to take care of, June 10, 2009
quadshot (South Dakota) - See all my reviews
It's kind of hard to spread the seeds and make sure they stay put and then keeping up with the water is a daily chore. It has to stay full of water, but it leaks half of it out into the provided drip trap every day and it has to be emptied before you add any more water else the drip tray will overflow all over your table. It's cute and funny and a perfect addition for a Garfield fan like me, but I do wish it was easier to do and take care of!

4.0 out of 5 stars Garfield+Chia Pet= a LOT of fun!, March 14, 2009
My son is a big Garfield fan and had been seeing commercials about the Chia Pet for some time. When I saw this product on Amazon, I was stoked! I knew that he would absolutely love it! And who doesn't love a Chia Pet?? They are a wonderful throw-back from my own childhood. I can still remember Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia! from the commercials that would come on between Saturday Morning Cartoons!

It is important to note that children will need *some* adult supervision and help, but once the preparation is done, they will be excited that they can smear their own Chia with seeds and watch it start to grow! The only drawback is that when you need to replant, you may have to buy more seeds, and I wasn't able to find them locally anywhere, so I had to re-order from Amazon, which cost me shipping. It was well worth it, but I just think it's important information to have before you run out of seeds!

I give this product two green thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars CHA-CHA CHIA!, January 3, 2014
PROS:
SEEDS SPROUTED AFTER 3 DAYS
LOOKS LIKE GARFIELD WITH A FRO AND HE JUST FINISHED A DOOBIE

CONS:

HAVE TO KEEP IT IN A DISH TO PREVENT WATER DAMAGE TO TABLE

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice chia pet, December 26, 2013
Gave this as a present to my sister. She was able to follow the directions easily and awaits to see the the plant to grow.

5.0 out of 5 stars great gift for cat lover, May 4, 2013
i bought this for my friend with MS who is now wheelchair bound. She loved gardening and loves her cats. This was a perfect gift for her

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product!, March 31, 2013
When my 12 year old son, who loves Garfield comics, mentioned that he had seen a Garfield Chia pet in an 1980's commercial I had little hope of finding one for him. I was completely floored to find one on Amazon. The seller was extremely fast in shipping and the product was new in the box and in pristine condition. Thank you for making my son's 13th birthday all that much more special with his unexpected surprise gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love LOVE this Garfield!!, August 13, 2012
For me, it was either this Garfield Chia pet or the Spongebob one. I am so glad I purchased this Garfield one! I planted the first round of seeds the evening I received my Chia pet, and he still has his green planted hair! I ordered and received my Garfield Chia pet about a month and a half ago, and it has lasted a lot longer than it says it will on the box. It is easy to use and easy to follow the instructions, so even the little ones can participate in growing things on a Chia pet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovable furball!, November 21, 2009
katzrule (In front of my computer!) - See all my reviews
I did not buy this for myself, got it last year for Christmas. LOVED IT!! However, will agree with some of the posters here that it is a bit messy to start up and to maintain, but once the seeds start sprouting, at least mine grew VERY fast. But not quite near what is on product box, but VERY CUTE just the same.

3.0 out of 5 stars Died way too quickly, May 2, 2010