5.0 out of 5 stars order one size up
My 6 year old son got them this summer, he's been happy and I think they are very good. The only thing I would recomend is to order one size up, I did because somehow I stumbled upon this site with a chart that gave instructions on how to order for different brands depending on your street shoe size, I was hesitant buy I'm glad that I ordered one size up.
Published on August 24, 2010 by Ada Nunez

1.0 out of 5 stars I purchased 2 pair of these skats
Published 9 months ago by deryl v. herren

5.0 out of 5 stars order one size up, August 24, 2010
Ada Nunez (Aventura , FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chicago Boy's Sidewalk Skate (Sports)

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicago Sidewalk Skates - Still The Best!!, January 11, 2007
I chose the Chicago brand from past experience, and I was not disappointed. We are a three generation family of Chicago skate users, and the quality of workmanship is still there after all these years. Upon examination of these skates, I found them to be sturdy and well balanced, with excellent stops, and "stylish" enough to please the 9-year-old they were purchased for. I would recommend these skates to anyone who wants the child in their lives to have the safest and best skates money can buy; price-wise, you can't go wrong with these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Roller Skates!, December 29, 2006
I bought these skates for my 8-year-old for Christmas. He LOVES them and skates every day. They seem to be very sturdy and the wheels aren't too fast since he is still a beginner. My only issue is that the toe stop seems a little chintzy and will probably wear out rather quickly, but that can easily be replaced. I'm sure the skates on the whole will last until he grows out of them, which will be too quickly for sure. I shopped a lot and thought these were a great deal for the money and I'm not disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicago Boys Sidewalk Skates, November 11, 2010
This review is from: Chicago Boy's Sidewalk Skate (Sports)
My 9 year old grandson loves these. Easy for him to get used to and learn to skate .Great buy and Amazon's service is fantastic.Chicago Boy's Sidewalk Skate

5.0 out of 5 stars CHICAGO BOYS SIDEWALK SKATE, June 2, 2011
Patricia E. Kimball (Whitesboro,NY (central NY) - See all my reviews
BOUGHT THESE FOR MY 9 YEAR OLD SON AT CHRISTMAS. HE REALLY ENJOYS THEM. USES THEM ON THE STREET. DURABLE.

1.0 out of 5 stars I purchased 2 pair of these skats, October 6, 2013
The problem with the skates is that the size quoted in the description was inaccurate. available sizes are grossly under sized. In other words too small. I went by the shoe sizes I use when purchasing shoes for the boys, I believe stated shoe sizes should be more accurate / descriptive. I plan to send these skates back due to the sizing error only. The apparent quality excellent, and what I expected. Hope you can help with the sizing issue. This issue also applies to the girls skates I purchased at the same time

5.0 out of 5 stars Great skates for a 9 year old, May 19, 2013
J. Clark (Marin, CA United States) - See all my reviews
These were exactly what we were hoping for-skates that were true to a boy's shoe size (versus the "adjustable skates" found in stores that are garbage). They fit well and are sturdy. The price was great for the skates as they will be part of a collection of bikes and scooters and other such activities. I recommend them to others searching for a pair of good quality, comfortable, and durable skates. They could work for boys or girls, ours just happened to be the colors our boy chose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quickfast and swift, December 23, 2011
This product not only came very fast but they are great quality at a excellent price. My 5 year old wanted some skates so bad for Christmas but he doesn't even like to ride his bike so I really didnt want to spend lots of money on some skates. Great deal and they are actually one of the few none rollerblade skate still out their.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves these skates, March 23, 2010
My 6.5 son bought these skates himself. He couldn't wait to get them and once he did, he rarely took them off. We live on a cul de sac and he skates as often as he can. They are wearing but that's because he is rough with them. We'll probably have to purchase another pair before too long.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT starter skates, January 25, 2010
These are outdoor/indoor skates. Durable and with stand alot of abuse from our son. Great buy.

Chicago Boys Sidewalk Skate (Size 2)
$34.99 $33.99