5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT FOR BEGGINERS
FAST SHIPPING. PRODUCT IS AS DESCRIBED. RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE BEFORE BUYING PRICY SKATED. LOVE THE PRICE. DURABLE. WILL BUY AGAIN AS GIFTS, JUST KNOW THAT WITH ANY SKATES YOU NEED TO BUY ONE SIZE BIGGER. MY DAUGHTER WAS SIZE 12 SO I BOUGHT 1-4
Published on January 13, 2011 by maggie

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT PURCHASE - Poor quality
Published 2 months ago by Sue

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT FOR BEGGINERS, January 13, 2011
maggie (CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, US) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars great first skates/roller blades, September 20, 2011
These training skates are basically inline skates with training wheels! Perfect for beginners. The training wheels come off to become roller blades when your child is ready. My daughter is very excited about these- she said they were comfortable. The size adjusts. She is a 13 and we bought the size 1-4. This comes with a helmet and pads. Great deal!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for a start, January 28, 2014
This is a good starter set, if you are not sure your child will be into skating. However, if you have a child who is keen to skate often, I would skip this and go straight to size-adjustable roller blades. The trainer setting is nice but not that much easier than rollerblading to make it a necessary step. My 6-year old switched from trainer to inline within a week, and I feel she would have been fine starting out on inline skates.

The wheels are not durable enough to handle outdoor use - they are already showing a lot of wear and tear after only a month of not-too-frequent use. So, I would recommend only using them at indoor rinks.

Also, there are only two closure buckles which leaves the boots loose and gaping at the ankle - exactly where it looks like my daughter's feet could use extra support when she's skating.

Because the protective gear came as part of the set, my daughter wants to wear it all together, every time. So, indoors or out, she's skating with her full gear on, helmet and all. Only thing is, the set doesn't come with elbow pads, and the advice I've read on skating sites suggests that elbow pads are just as essential as the other pieces of protective gear. So we bought some separately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, January 31, 2013
My 6 y/o loves these. It is great that they come with pads and a helmet as well. They are a tiny bit on the cheap side, but then they adjust through several shoe sizes and my daughter will get a few years of use out of them without outgrowing them.

5.0 out of 5 stars love them!, February 5, 2013
My daughter has been skating with these several times. She only wears a size 9, but these skates still seem to work well for her. She skates with confidence and we have so much fun.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like them, May 27, 2013
My daughter wears a size 12 shoe and these skates fit her fine. She really likes them and skates everyday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Building a Super Skater, January 8, 2011
My daughter LOVES her new roller blades and was able to hit the rink with no problem. We have not switched them out of training mode yet, but she is getting super confident, so it won't be long!

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT PURCHASE - Poor quality, June 9, 2014
Sue (Northern CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chicago Girls Training Skate Combo (Sports)
I bought these for two of my daughters with great hope. I focused on the positive reviews and unfortunately ignored the negatives. Now in hindsight I see so many of the negative reviews state specifically that the buckles do not stay latched! And that's just what we experienced with both sets. The buckles are similar to ski boots, that latch across the foot, and they just do not stay latched on the other side. In fact, they are just made of cheap plastic that is sure not to last long. Additionally, the inner lining is difficult to adjust to the size needed, as the velcro tabs just do not line up as you increase the size. Great concept with all the safety gear included, but just not the quality you'd expect for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with purchase, January 1, 2014
I bought one for my daughter and one for my niece. My daughter loves hers-I haven't heard about my niece's experience yet. Easy to adjust to her size, I am not sure yet about adjusting to inline skates. The price was a little more than I wanted to spend, but cheaper skates received bad reviews. The only negative is there are no elbow pads, but there is a helmet, knee pads, and wrist guards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, March 25, 2013
I love how they will grow with my daughters feet. Also you can adjust the wheels to make it more stable until they get the hang of it.

Chicago Girls Training Skate Combo