Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports STEM

on January 13, 2011
FAST SHIPPING. PRODUCT IS AS DESCRIBED. RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE BEFORE BUYING PRICY SKATED. LOVE THE PRICE. DURABLE. WILL BUY AGAIN AS GIFTS, JUST KNOW THAT WITH ANY SKATES YOU NEED TO BUY ONE SIZE BIGGER. MY DAUGHTER WAS SIZE 12 SO I BOUGHT 1-4
22 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2014
I bought these for two of my daughters with great hope. I focused on the positive reviews and unfortunately ignored the negatives. Now in hindsight I see so many of the negative reviews state specifically that the buckles do not stay latched! And that's just what we experienced with both sets. The buckles are similar to ski boots, that latch across the foot, and they just do not stay latched on the other side. In fact, they are just made of cheap plastic that is sure not to last long. Additionally, the inner lining is difficult to adjust to the size needed, as the velcro tabs just do not line up as you increase the size. Great concept with all the safety gear included, but just not the quality you'd expect for the price.
on January 28, 2014
This is a good starter set, if you are not sure your child will be into skating. However, if you have a child who is keen to skate often, I would skip this and go straight to size-adjustable roller blades. The trainer setting is nice but not that much easier than rollerblading to make it a necessary step. My 6-year old switched from trainer to inline within a week, and I feel she would have been fine starting out on inline skates.

The wheels are not durable enough to handle outdoor use - they are already showing a lot of wear and tear after only a month of not-too-frequent use. So, I would recommend only using them at indoor rinks.

Also, there are only two closure buckles which leaves the boots loose and gaping at the ankle - exactly where it looks like my daughter's feet could use extra support when she's skating.

Because the protective gear came as part of the set, my daughter wants to wear it all together, every time. So, indoors or out, she's skating with her full gear on, helmet and all. Only thing is, the set doesn't come with elbow pads, and the advice I've read on skating sites suggests that elbow pads are just as essential as the other pieces of protective gear. So we bought some separately.
on September 20, 2011
These training skates are basically inline skates with training wheels! Perfect for beginners. The training wheels come off to become roller blades when your child is ready. My daughter is very excited about these- she said they were comfortable. The size adjusts. She is a 13 and we bought the size 1-4. This comes with a helmet and pads. Great deal!
on January 31, 2013
My 6 y/o loves these. It is great that they come with pads and a helmet as well. They are a tiny bit on the cheap side, but then they adjust through several shoe sizes and my daughter will get a few years of use out of them without outgrowing them.
on June 13, 2015
The skate is user friendly and our 4 yr old did learn to "skate" in less then a week....HOWEVER...Once she started to REALLY USE these skates every single day, multiple times in a day...THEY FELL APART! NO, she was not hard on them...she is 4! She used them for their intended purpose...outside on smooth paved sidewalks and our driveway. In less then 12 regular, semi extended (she's 4) uses they have FALLEN TO PIECES. (When I get a chance I will upload pictures). The first problem...which actually occurred way before her regular use of them was the 2 of the buckle pieces just stopped snapping in and staying snapped. Obviously an issue as the more she skated the more the "strap" loosened (its plastic pieces so that is why I say "strap"). This completely compromises your ability to skate. So, this happened when she was 3 1/2 -4 WAY before the summer hit (it is June 13th, 2015) and she was using them inside the house here and there every few months through the winter). Once she started using them outside in the end of May and beginning of June they just became a hot mess. The tongues have a plastic "covering"...those snapped in half across the middle leaving very sharp plastic edges (if she isn't wearing socks (I have 5 kiddos, sometimes they don't have on socks!) it poses a real threat for getting scratched pretty badly. Plus it also compromises the interrogatory of the skate. The back support piece (the purple part) has become loose and slides up and down the back of her ankle which bugs her a lot. Numerous other plastic pieces have broken or cracked as well. So, this is our experience. Hope it helps.
on December 24, 2015
I ordered two pair of these skates for my daughters for christmas. They were delivered separately and one pair was destroyed in the process. I love the paur that made it to my home in one piece. USPS second delivery was a disgrace! Overall this skate combo is awesome! Especially for the price.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on May 6, 2016
I bought them for my 5 y.o. I like the fact that they are convertible and they can start skating with the triangular option that gives them more confidence and then switch to the line.
But the fasteners are annoyingly difficult to stay in place and quality in general is not great. But my daughter loves them anyway. The gloves and other protections are great.
It is a fine 1st pair of skates.
on March 21, 2016
Our 6 year old grand daughter really wanted a pair of 'character' skates, the 'name' skates are so expensive for what you get. Our son found this set and was really impressed by the price and how much was included in the package. They came packaged nicely and arrived sooner than was expected. They are well made and you get a lot for the money. They have 'training wheels' on the back that can be turned once she gets her balance and then they become roller blades. She was so surprised when she opened it, it didn't bother her at all that it wasn't a 'name' brand. She loved the knee pads and helmet, but didn't like the wrist guards. She is going to put stickers all over the skates and helmet to personalize them. She put everything on right away and went in the back yard and started skating. If it weren't for going down to the pool she would have continued. It all came packaged in a reusable plastic backpack so everything can be kept together when not in use. The other kids at the party wanted the backpack:) I would definitely recommend this set for the price and the quality.
on March 28, 2016
The quality of the materials of this is what you might expect for the price. The adjust-ability of the size and convert from inline to 3 wheel skate is cool.

However, I believe this product is very unsafe since the straps don't stay shut. This product should really be recalled.