Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Chicago Metallic Baked Taco Rack” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 16% off the $14.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.59 shipping
+ $7.74 shipping
Chicago Metallic Baked Taco Rack
|Price:||$14.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Constructed of steel for strength and durability
- Superior heat conduction
- Non-stick coating for easy removal of food and quick clean up
- Dishwasher safe
- 10-year warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
I've just ordered my second rack and may order a third to make enough for parties.
I had to play with my method as I wanted no oil. The biggest trick is getting your tortillas flimsy enough to rest on the rack without cracking. This works best for me:
* I'm using regular sized corn tortillas (35 calories no fat each).
* Individually steam the tortillas for just under a minute (I use a bamboo steamer). Microwaving did not work for me.
* Use tongs to transfer and place on the rack.
* Bake at 350 for about twenty-five minutes (rotate rack half-way through for even cooking). I live at sea level in very low humidity. Other instructions suggest shorter cook times at higher temps -- my burn frequency increases when I cook faster.
* Tacos get shaped by the rack but don't stick to the rack.
* I bake tortilla chips while I'm at it. Cut the tortillas into wedges, sprinkle with whatever (lemon pepper is my current favorite) and spray with white vinegar to make the pepper stick. I suppose you could spice up your tacos the same way.
The result is a very crunchy, healthy, no fat taco. They are also slow to absorb moisture.
I love this product. The shells turn out crispy and not as salty as those from the store. One note: I use the recommended corn tortillas and found that it takes longer than the instructions say to get the shell to turn out crispy. I warm them first in a tortilla warmer for 1 minute then bake them for 10 minutes.
I recommend this product to anyone who loves crunchy shells and doesn't like a lot of salt.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I find that tacos made on this are nice and crispy without the mess of frying.Published 7 days ago by Paula Goodlett
They work great, using on fresh tortillas - they make perfect tacos... easy clean, too.Published 13 days ago by alan c heuer
Well, it is what it is...and it does the job just fine....shipping was prompt and packaging is very goodPublished 2 months ago by StephL
Nice idea but the corn tortillas all slid off and split and tore along the bend...a mess. It's going in the recycle pile.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
It is OK but I just find it easier to stand my tacos up in a pan. One of those have to have and never use gadgets. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Patricia
This is a great way to toast the taco shells without them collapsing. The quality is better than it appears in the picture, it is study and heavier than it looks. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amber Lynn Brooks