4.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy skates for 8 to 11 year olds

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware- cancer chemical warning
Published on November 25, 2011 by Lisa R Issler

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy skates for 8 to 11 year olds, December 5, 2003
By A Customer
We bought these skates for our two daughters about a year ago, and they have held up well, both during sidewalk skating and at the roller rink (where they let the girls use these skates instead of renting skates). They are definitely a GIRL'S size 3. Perhaps they run a bit big, but my girls (currently aged 9 and 10)wear about a size 3 shoe, and these skates fit them just fine. The only problem is that the laces are so long, they can get snarled up in the velcro closing at the top, but an adult can easily straighten them out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em!, March 8, 2007
We got these for our daughter for her 7th birthday, and now she won't take them off!! They are cute, and she says they're comfortable too. I'm glad we bought them...the price wasn't bad either!

4.0 out of 5 stars buyer beware, February 13, 2002
By A Customer
The recommended age for these skates is 4-5 yrs... They are way to big for 4-5 yr olds. They are sized more like a 10.5-11 girls shoe size. We bought them for our 4 year old B-day but there is no way she will be able to fit them for another 4 years!
Seem to be good quality, but beware of the size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Skates, December 25, 2006
I ordered these for my 8 year old. She loves them and they are very well made. They are right on target for the size. The shoe laces are very long so you have to tie them so that they don't get in the wheels. They are very cute and are geat fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Skates for Christmas, December 28, 2006
Janis L. Burden "JBABYJ" (Garland, Tx United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chicago Girl's Sidewalk Skate (Sports)
I bought these skates for my 4 year old granddaughter. She thinks they are super-cool. The quality is good and they look nice too. These skates were a wise choice and at this price I'd buy them again in a heartbeat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Value, My 6-Year-Old LOVED These Skates, August 10, 2008
Great product, came exactly as described. Great for beginners. I would highly recommend these skates to someone buying them for a first-timer who wants street skates that aren't in-line.

4.0 out of 5 stars Girl Skates, December 28, 2007
These skates run very large. I purchased these in a size 5 which are usually too small for my child..instead these skates are HUGE on her. Love the idea of velcro at the top to keep the ankle tight. Stylish without being too boring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Skates My 9yr old daughter Loves them! ... For both the side walk and at the Skating Rink., April 14, 2014
Perfect Skates My 9yr old daughter Loves them! I couldn't be happier with these skates. They are adorable and my daughter said they are very comfortable. She uses them on both the side walk and at the Skating Rink. I bought her one size larger because her feet grow fast. They are her first skates, I purchased them for a Roller Skating Party she was going to because she went to the rink once before with her school and I was not there and she came home very upset because she said she had a very hard time skating. I know from experience that the skates make a big difference and the kind you rent are horrible. After skating for an hour at the rink her first time (since that episode last year)she was skating beautifully and I am certain having these skates helped. After her second time at the rink she can skate perfectly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware- cancer chemical warning, November 25, 2011
This review is from: Chicago Girl's Sidewalk Skate (Sports)
Just received these skates and there is a warning sticker on the box stating that they contain a know cancer causing chemical also with a birth defect warning. REALLY??? I never would have purchased these skates knowing that. And I certainly won't be giving them as the intended Christmas present. This fact should have been stated in the description. Shame on you Amazon! How disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves them, but could use some improvments, July 23, 2011
This review is from: Chicago Girl's Sidewalk Skate (Sports)
I got these for my 8 year old daughter. She will NOT take them off!!
She loves them but I think they could be made a bit better.
The material is a bit flimsy, not as thick as a shoe would be.
The tongues of the skates dont stay in place, that annoys me but my daughter does not seem to mind that I have to untie and fix the tongue and retie the skate about every 5 minutes.

She is a beginner skater and these seem to be doing alright for her, so they are a good starter pair. If they were a bit more thick for extra support these would be close to great.

SIZING:
My daughter wears a girls size 2 SHOE. I ordered a size 3 SKATE because that is what she wore at the roller rink when she rented skates. They are a bit big on her, but almost perfect fit with two pairs of socks on. So the sizing is NOT right on the dot, it might be hard for you to decide on a size, sorry!

Chicago Girl's Sidewalk Skate