Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Chicago Girl's Sidewalk Skate
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 5, 2003
We bought these skates for our two daughters about a year ago, and they have held up well, both during sidewalk skating and at the roller rink (where they let the girls use these skates instead of renting skates). They are definitely a GIRL'S size 3. Perhaps they run a bit big, but my girls (currently aged 9 and 10)wear about a size 3 shoe, and these skates fit them just fine. The only problem is that the laces are so long, they can get snarled up in the velcro closing at the top, but an adult can easily straighten them out.
11 comment| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2013
I bought these for my 6 year old daughter. They are beginner skates made with garbage parts. After a month at the rink and skating in the house, I could tell the skates were holding her back. The stock 608Z bearings don't let the wheels roll freely, and the plastic wheels had hops and warps, looked like she was skating on pebbles. If the wheel is not spinning freely, your really not skating. So I upgraded to ABEC 5 bearings and sure grip aerobic indoor/outdoor wheels I got off ebay..... what a difference. Also swapped out the ridiculously long shoe laces for shorter ones. She is now full on skating. I posted pic.

yes the wheels and the bearings cost more then the skates are worth but I can remove and put them on her next pairs of skates.
review image
on March 8, 2007
We got these for our daughter for her 7th birthday, and now she won't take them off!! They are cute, and she says they're comfortable too. I'm glad we bought them...the price wasn't bad either!
on December 25, 2006
I ordered these for my 8 year old. She loves them and they are very well made. They are right on target for the size. The shoe laces are very long so you have to tie them so that they don't get in the wheels. They are very cute and are geat fun.
on February 13, 2002
The recommended age for these skates is 4-5 yrs... They are way to big for 4-5 yr olds. They are sized more like a 10.5-11 girls shoe size. We bought them for our 4 year old B-day but there is no way she will be able to fit them for another 4 years!
Seem to be good quality, but beware of the size.
55 comments| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2013
The skates were a day early, packaged very well, and look adorable! Now, the only down fall I have seen about these is the padding on the inside of the skate came out the very first time she used them. Simple fix buy new insoles from Wal-Mart.
review image review image review image
on December 28, 2006
I bought these skates for my 4 year old granddaughter. She thinks they are super-cool. The quality is good and they look nice too. These skates were a wise choice and at this price I'd buy them again in a heartbeat!
on August 6, 2015
I bought these skates for my grand daughters and they have really gotten a lot of use out of them this summer. The skates roll really well on most surfaces, but especially the sidewalk and indoors on rainy days. The brake is easy for them to use which is located on the front of each skate. The shoe size is a true fit of what I wanted. The skates lace up and have a Velcro strap to help keep the skates on. I feel like I've gotten my money's worth and more with the skates as they've given the kids hours of fun and exercise.
review image review image
on August 10, 2008
Great product, came exactly as described. Great for beginners. I would highly recommend these skates to someone buying them for a first-timer who wants street skates that aren't in-line.
on January 13, 2015
Very nice begginer roller skates for my 5 and 7 year old. We have used them in drive way and in the basement. Wheels are nice and wide and I was able to tighten the bolt holding the wheels to get them to spin less easily while kids learn. So far they seem great. I'll try to give an update after more use when weather warms up about how these do on various surfaces and how they wear. But on nice flat driveway cement and a resin covered basement floor they seem to work and wear great thus far.